A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 218 6
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 231 5
- Employed clients and expenses 762 13
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 34 1
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 106 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 808 31
- Quickbooks 2015 171 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 364 13
- Sage reporting 105 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,776 41
- Directors loan accounts 247 6
- Professional Clearance 1,512 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 342 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 113 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 124 2
- BTC Software 265 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 202 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 102 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 572 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,715 25
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,014
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 523
- NOVA 481
- Bonus Bonds 361
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 346
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 261
- Payment for Promotional Samples 234
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 233
- Friendly Pensions 158
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 147