A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Deleted question? 726 19
- Accounts Question 91 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,168 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,933 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 695 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,390 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,919 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 646 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 433 4
- VAT Return Errors 171 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 120 5
- inflation rate year on year 146 3
- Yorkshire Day 599 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 184 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 180 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 379 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 146 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 292 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 153 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 386
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 261
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 230
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 152