A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Client Death 464 8
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 121 6
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 357 4
- Unallocated client money 73 2
- Expenses Apps 115 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 904 14
- Tick & Bash Bristol 510 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 135 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 127 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 193 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 149 5
- LLP ex-member not being paid accrued profits 105 4
- Luncheon vouchers - Class 1 NICs 144 4
- Quick Easy Quote 143 2
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 101 1
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,892 37
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 87 1
- monthly payments 333 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 640 17
- Work experience - pay 174 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 594
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 469
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 364
- Sorry ignore me 364
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 293
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 274
- Cancelled 229
- Cancelled 200
- Bartercard 163
- C79 Discrepancy 159