A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 113 1
- HMRC Discovery powers 202 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 622 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 105 2
- Paying Son 408 15
- Employers NI allowance 315 3
- Which time limits apply? 377 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 372 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 155 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 285 3
- Just checking re PSA 246 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 326 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,502 7
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,534 19
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 333 2
- Friday Question 592 7
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 434 8
- Independent Examination work programme 165 2
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 551 9
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 319 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 494
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 263
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 255
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 246
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 232
- Apprenticeship Levy 228
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 220
- Capital Gains personal representatives 207
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 193