A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 181 4
- SA302 273 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 225 4
- Go Cardless 320 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 201 3
- Hmrc software 215 3
- Mehjoo 264 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 105 1
- Hosted email exchange 170 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 162 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 278 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 305 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 241 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 147 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 281 7
- New Email Extensions 195 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 315 2
- Dental practice incorpration 154 1
- Audit rules 179 4
- Xtuple 508
- Qtac payroll for bureau 347
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 172
- Domain name sale and limited company 167
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 165
- CIS schemes 160
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 141