A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 75 2
- Accountants website 358 5
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 213 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 671 29
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 161 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 444 8
- VAT on employee loan 273 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 72 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 104 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 352 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,402 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 215 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 165 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 215 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 197 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 714 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 149 1
- Purchased Goodwill 148 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 89 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 116 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,080
- Moving away from CCH software 934
- QROP pension input amounts 426
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 371
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 343
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 310
- fraud 268
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 238
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 212
- Construction CIS LLP Company 190