A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Gift to employee 330 8
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 414 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,094 22
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 51 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 393 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 92 2
- Sage Import Data 281 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 231 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 70 2
- Best time software for small practice? 190 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 308 13
- private to company car? 353 9
- Which address 992 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 92 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 256 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 954 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 252 6
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 466 17
- Vat threshold issues 444 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 161 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 471
- CTA study material 450
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 324
- Pre incorp expenses 301
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 260
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 248
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 145
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 133
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 128