A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,695 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 279 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 830 20
- The importance of Grammar 902 24
- New starter - tax code 180 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 122 2
- PI cover 105 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 128 2
- HMRC site down ? 166 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 140 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 203 3
- Xero Pain Points 257 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 94 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 122 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 163 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 384 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 594 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 224
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174