A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- PPR election - what do you think? 219 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 111 3
- Comments on this scenario 113 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,636 67
- Penalties 111 1
- SAGE con 223 4
- rates of pay query 218 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 88 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 139 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 199 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 108 1
- Overpayment relief claim 156 5
- Charity reserves 131 3
- Have i messed up? 671 10
- Year end 363 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 227 3
- Related Parties Note 420 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 109 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 132 4
- loss on carbon credits 113 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,018
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 555
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 363
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 211
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151