A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- P11d query 269 5
- Rental expenses 57 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 137 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 351 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 88 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 337 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 296 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 478 10
- Landing clients 424 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,154 22
- Termination Payment 212 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 220 3
- CRM / marketing 114 2
- Allocation of income from property 759 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,886 28
- Opening a Quick books file 145 1
- 64-8 problems 524 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 351 10