A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Mortgage Adviser's request 126 4
- CGT on spouse's death 71 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 380 8
- Payroll software 170 4
- Company UTR numbers 287 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 345 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 637 30
- Starting Again 111 1
- Summer house for business only 59 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 84 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 548 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 122 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 114 3
- How do you count your clients 396 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 149 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 108 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 466 9
- Property Expenses 114 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 154 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 740 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 589
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 578
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 375
- Pensions Regulator 345
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 278
- Government Gateway - VAT 272
- Using the correct forms 260
- SA penalty proposals 244
- RTI - duplicate employee record 232
- Accelerated payment notices 225