A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 140 4
- Accountants' Error 689 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 143 3
- Scoot 181 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 149 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 198 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,450 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 199 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 227 2
- Auto enrolment 191 3
- Shareholder agreement 171 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 195 3
- Company Reorganisation 164 3
- Employee Loan 207 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 464 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 593 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 762
- Any views 696
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 354
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 253
- IRIS Open Books problem 244