A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 666 5
- See you all on the other side 715 6
- 12Pay 477 2
- dividends 649 2
- R&D 334 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,197 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 447 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 433 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 386 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 555 5
- Seeking a tax case 658 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 517 4
- Companies house strike off 581 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 445 2
- Moving to the cloud 756 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 914 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 221 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,097 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 375
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 309
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 296
- Class 2 NI 295