A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 445 13
- Coding Notice 213 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 223 6
- New business - journal entries 388 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 216 3
- Payroll software 636 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 248 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 386 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 720 18
- B2B vat in the EU 177 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 129 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 193 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 222 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 187 4
- LLP as member of LLP 129 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,820 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 499 7
- Vat 299 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,298 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 216 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 847
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 717
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 402
- Social investment tax relief 217
- Digita Hosted Software 210
- Call Centre Data Costs 197
- accounting for this transaction 180
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 170
- Travel costs and contractors 165
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 158