A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Auto enrolment 219 3
- Sale of shares and ER 33 2
- Laptop purchase 1,103 19
- Sage Payroll 167 7
- SA Return issued after P800 received 65 3
- Fee's for P11D's 107 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,116 24
- VAT on Gaming Machines 236 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 84 3
- VAT 81 1
- CT600 for the first time 280 17
- Auto enrolment 309 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 111 4
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,776 14
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 150 2
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 81 2
- Share restructure 382 15
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 194 3
- Childcare Vouchers 104 1
- Elective DeductionsModel 139 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 752
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 511
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 380
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 357
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 206
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 178
- vat return 150