A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 452 2
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 140 3
- Old CGT loss 227 4
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 962 14
- Trade creditor journal 53 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 390 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 87 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 219 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,370 42
- Nominal Ledger 395 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 598 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 218 3
- Paper tax return 176 4
- Start up allowance? 393 12
- Will I need to resign? 252 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 256 3