A UK limited company which used to trade electronics (so no longer trading) and now invested retained earnings in listed stock (Vodafone) and UK equity unit trusts.
I take that this is now a Close investment company (since it has one director-shareholder, no longer trading and retained earnings invested).
The profit (difference between buying and selling prices) from investments would be taxed at 26%.
But what about the dividends from UK listed companies and equity unit trust? Are they classed as franked investment?
or should it pay tax on them (26%), because it is a close investment company or because it COULD be classed as "trading shares" company or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS?
are dividends franked even in the case of a "trader company" and/or CIC or or because is NO LONGER TRADING ELECTRONICS??
- Scratch Head 280 1
- Year end 217 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 302 13
- A little knowledge 136 4
- Clothing 600 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 135 6
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,262 18
- Parent and subsidiary... 166 5
- Identity check problem 1,495 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 98 1
- Capital allowances on Software 222 2
- Designated sole Residence 203 4
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 102 3
- Company director and KIT days 119 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,178 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 859 34
- Digita in the cloud 66 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 236 7
- IHT and US resident 126 2
- Tax relief when working away 80 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 957
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 682
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 628
- Latest phishing scam 605
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 442
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 329
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 260
- Sabbatical payments 221
- Negligible Value Claim 200
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 196