Dividends declared or paid in tax year to 5th April 2012
Basic question I know but can someone confirm something for me please.
As we are approaching the tax year end, for my clients that have Limited companies where relevant, I am looking at their profits to date, seeing what dividends have been paid to date and where profits permit suggesting what additional amount of dividends may be paid to them to use up their their basic rate allowance. Would that additional dividend actually need to be paid to the shareholders before 5th April 2012 for it to qualify as being in this tax year?
Thank you in advance for any comments.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 118 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 367 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 76 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 575 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 209 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 183 3
- Paper tax return 159 4
- Start up allowance? 384 12
- Will I need to resign? 208 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 248 3
- AIA or IFA 459 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 645 9
- Late Registration for VAT 365 11