Dividends declared or paid in tax year to 5th April 2012
Basic question I know but can someone confirm something for me please.
As we are approaching the tax year end, for my clients that have Limited companies where relevant, I am looking at their profits to date, seeing what dividends have been paid to date and where profits permit suggesting what additional amount of dividends may be paid to them to use up their their basic rate allowance. Would that additional dividend actually need to be paid to the shareholders before 5th April 2012 for it to qualify as being in this tax year?
Thank you in advance for any comments.
- Sage Priority Support 94 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 684 18
- incorrect old p60 121 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 484 4
- VAT on new builds 115 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 346 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 124 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 117 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 136 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,841 26
- Missing tax return 177 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 920 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 163 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 557 18
- Physiotherapy 245 3
- Inflation and fees 1,219 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 169 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 283 8
- CGT help please 150 1