Dividends declared or paid in tax year to 5th April 2012
Basic question I know but can someone confirm something for me please.
As we are approaching the tax year end, for my clients that have Limited companies where relevant, I am looking at their profits to date, seeing what dividends have been paid to date and where profits permit suggesting what additional amount of dividends may be paid to them to use up their their basic rate allowance. Would that additional dividend actually need to be paid to the shareholders before 5th April 2012 for it to qualify as being in this tax year?
Thank you in advance for any comments.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,081 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 120 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 113 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 112 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 163 1
- How to deal with prior year error 160 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 530 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,340 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 409 4
- Exemption from CGT 238 2
- VAT Registration 246 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 439 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 343 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 192 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26