Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- What would you do in this situation? 466 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 116 3
- Help Required 261 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 214 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 379 14
- What's in a name ? 211 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 136 3
- ATED Penalties 253 1
- late second payment on account 144 2
- US royalties 70 2
- Project being run jointly 116 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 171 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 153 3
- Sole trader mix up 281 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 728 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 885 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 205 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 499 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 157 5
- CTA study material 696
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 243
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 195
- Trust for Employee 182
- Expat pension contributions? 180
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 151
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 142
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 114