Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 49 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 332 15
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 554 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 66 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 266 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 118 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 528 11
- Flat rate vat error 327 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 527 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 266 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 137 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,378 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 246 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 102 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 296 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 536 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 863 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 166 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 838
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 318
- How to format a stock book 288
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181