Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Value pricing 11 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 119 4
- New use of home - simplified method 174 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 249 5
- company secretarial software 65 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 77 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 316 13
- Rental Income 248 3
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,922 32
- Share restructure 322 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 138 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,778 14
- P11d error 419 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 160 1
- Associated companies 108 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 498 8
- Paperless office question 192 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 417 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 942 5
- Stock Valuation 133 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 724
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 494
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 336
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 331
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- growth voucher supplier 232
- VAT on Gaming Machines 206
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 171