Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Late leaver notification 396 8
- What does PITA mean? 867 22
- Any printer recommendations? 224 7
- PAYE & NIC 308 22
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 273 5
- Interim dividends 226 6
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,120 7
- proposed dividends 707 23
- Business loan not in client's name 128 1
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 176 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 162 4
- Company Payroll 217 2
- Dates, more dates and cessation 137 2
- Out of date tax returns 294 2
- Filling in my self assessment 1,000 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 196 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 390 7
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 489 6
- FPS responses ... 559 16
- Nominal Codes 302 9
- Sanzar 502
- Digital marketing focus group 402
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 382
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 343
- Sainsbury's mangement 338
- Continuity Agreement 331
- Avanti Accounts 330
- Buyback 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 237
- Aggresive sales from Iris 211