Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 117 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 514 13
- Income from rent charged to business 120 2
- payroll software 365 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 436 5
- Statutory sick pay 307 4
- Dividend in specie 368 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 175 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 272 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 166 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 382 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,855 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 333 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 257 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 107 1
- Skandia using wrong address 573
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 305
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 252
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 228
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 154
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 132
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130