Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,184 46
- Practical experience 860 16
- Xerocon 2016 826 13
- Personal Tax 216 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,872 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 243 2
- Mortgage Reference 189 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 171 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 436 9
- VAT 308 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 233 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 205 1
- last minute request 308 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 504 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 87 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 477 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 137 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 288 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 675 6