Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 319 8
- Audit 393 13
- PITA ex-client 97 6
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 292 4
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 52 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 816 22
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 62 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 227 13
- Scottish Independance 865 24
- Funding Circle experience 55 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 691 20
- Awkward IP 1,489 16
- New supplier 93 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 52 2
- Buying a horse?? 310 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 206 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,131 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 976 11
- What's in a name ? 1,154 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 227 2
- CTA study material 792
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 442
- Employment related securities question 315
- AIM Stocks and IHT 294
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 272
- Trust for Employee 251
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 214
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 155