Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 143 3
- Why should I retain membership? 3,180 53
- Coding Notice 307 7
- Merger of Two companies 267 15
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 72 3
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 279 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 162 5
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 96 3
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 615 18
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 185 1
- Wear and tear allowance 1,421 13
- Residency test 241 5
- IHT dilemma 823 15
- Sum Product - Pulling my hair out! 666 13
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 162 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 378 8
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 3,658 22
- Was there ever a time limit for claiming taper relief? 156 2
- CIC Dividend Cap 246 7
- New business - journal entries 514 23
- Auto enrolment excuses 952
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 735
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 423
- Excuses, excuses!!! 293
- Social investment tax relief 232
- Digita Hosted Software 231
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 220
- Call Centre Data Costs 216
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 197
- Travel costs and contractors 197