Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 176 5
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 305 9
- Opening Balances 235 3
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 347 11
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 270 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 132 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,279 46
- Company struck off 134 4
- Employment Allowance 373 6
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 426 8
- West Bromich Albion 335 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,880 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 398 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,224 38
- Legal title not in the company name 821 23
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 620 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 179 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 120 1
- This is getting boring 657 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 291 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 646
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 298
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 200