Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 306 4
- CisVerification as an agent 168 2
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 253 2
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 352 6
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 318 6
- Viewing folder contens en masse 393 9
- Transmission of ISA 250 3
- Is the CT61 return dead? 408 5
- backpack 399 4
- CIS 359 9
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 693 16
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,326 18
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,187 14
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 490 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 186 2
- Really?! 918 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,418 26
- VAT 701/49 query 249 2
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 226 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 223 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 711
- 2015 tax year end 444
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 422
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 323
- Directors' advances and credits 264
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204