Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 269 4
- Cocaine anyone? 134 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,467 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 816 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 446 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 248 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 323 11
- Tax return software for remote working 471 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 537 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 440 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 447 9
- How to purchase business premises? 160 2
- Will I need to resign? 826 10
- Childcare vouchers 182 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 273 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 299 6
- VAT avoidance? 236 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 190 3
- PAYE coding out 202 3
- Follower cases 577 2
- Hive up 476
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 220
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 207
- WWOOFers 202
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 188
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 183
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 179