Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 211 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 478 22
- Voluntary Disclosure 60 1
- Director registration for SA question 385 15
- valuation of vehicles 378 16
- Business only use of company car 669 26
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 85 2
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 498 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 289 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 922 29
- New Company reviews please 525 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 293 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 183 2
- VAT with Russia 193 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 228 4
- Money Laundering Manual 299 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 238 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,102 29
- directors loan 337 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 368 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 291
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 241
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 218
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 216
- auto enrolment 184
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 150
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 146