Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 171 4
- What sectors to target? 383 18
- waive right to dividend payment 14 1
- AIA and WDA 54 5
- Journals to Creditors Control 94 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 900 41
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 79 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 181 6
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,179 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 57 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,318 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 457 16
- Refusing to complete a tax return 513 11
- Repayment of maternity pay 121 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 162 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 152 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 911 16
- Self assesment online 629 7
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 259 6
- Practice management 257 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 913
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 630
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 588
- Latest phishing scam 556
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 386
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 289
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 213
- Scratch Head 203
- Capital allowances in first basis period 199
- Sabbatical payments 187