Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- VAT on non-denominated postage 153 4
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 204 4
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 66 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 152 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 840 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 539 14
- SA316s 195 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 73 1
- Swiching tax 535 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 746 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 515 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 534 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 378 11
- Start-up cost recognition 113 1
- Lunches 267 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 402 8
- Generic notification message 262 6
- Property Expenses 224 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 172 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 271 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 607
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 266
- RTI - duplicate employee record 258
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228