Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Fee base v staff ratio 257 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 142 2
- Cash basis 415 11
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,835 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 306 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 215 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 74 1
- Investor exit 183 3
- Partially exempt? 359 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 122 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 393 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,212 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 373 4
- Statutory sick pay 236 3
- Overseas bank interest 225 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 166 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 363 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 229 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 319 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,960 589
- Skandia using wrong address 555
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 299
- Employee rewards 283
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 260
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 248
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 236
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 220
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 145