Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- VAT invoice 107 4
- Fee protection 1,043 23
- indexation factors 50 2
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 98 3
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,510 13
- LLP Salaried Partners 91 1
- Payroll Software Recommendations 197 6
- Received a CIS invoice 188 4
- Anyone done ATT? 140 4
- claim fees with out without VAT? 111 2
- Vat on motor repairs 117 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,559 53
- saturday staff 309 3
- Free accounts system for small business? 206 5
- Property Revaluation - Postings 60 1
- Electronic v printed payslips 239 4
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 1,038 13
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 398 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 845 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 268 3
- Xtuple 575
- Qtac payroll for bureau 401
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 350
- Domain name sale and limited company 247
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 234
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 221
- Tax on damages received 199
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 193
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 159
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 157