Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 692 21
- Year end 185 3
- tax credits 166 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 975 16
- Foreign income for self employed 144 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 266 9
- LLP - Member leaving 158 6
- what time is it ? 117 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 273 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,070 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 231 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 583 21
- How would you account for warranty? 165 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 406 22
- Sweet Tooth 203 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 185 2
- trading or dormant 126 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 137 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 576 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 280 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 881
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 169