Dividends over-paid...what to do?
I have completed a set of annual accounts for year ended Nov 2010 using the Sage data supplied to me by the company's previous accountant.
After calculating the corporation tax and putting this through the accounts, the total dividends paid in the year now result in a negative retained profit of around £150.
I know that dividends can only be paid out of retained profits, and have read various discussions on "illegal" dividends, but my query is, what to do about it?
The dividends have been paid, so do I need to reclassify anything to directors loans? Or do I just submit to Companies House / HMRC as is and wait for HMRC to contact the company and tell them whether they need to reclassify?
Thanks for any advice
- Sole Trader to Ltd 83 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 422 13
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 608 8
- VT accounts licence key 363 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 411 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 485 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 45 1
- Flat rate vat 327 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 235 6
- Rental property company 178 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 176 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,475 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,203 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 408 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 320 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 289 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 237 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 219 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 167 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 576
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 449
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184