Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- Reregister for VAT 94 1
- Would this save hours of your time? 424 11
- Director's tax return 244 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 191 6
- Value pricing 669 23
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 45 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 180 5
- Wrong career 452 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 126 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 261 7
- Laptop purchase 1,375 20
- PTP software disaster 254 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 219 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 96 2
- Tricky VAT question 169 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 112 2
- VT accounts licence key 258 5
- Weely paid employees 218 2
- Splitting the tax year 103 1
- FPS Submission 153 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 413
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 261
- Director Loan account operation 241
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 237
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159