Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- VAT registration transfer 129 3
- Clothing 90 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 541 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 65 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 55 2
- Director drawings 359 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 315 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 71 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 98 6
- HMRC SA302s 181 3
- What does the "K" signify 401 7
- Director or self-employed 101 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 123 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 130 3
- What sectors to target? 180 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 107 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 239 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 94 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,869 40
- Interest Relief 165 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 901
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 604
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 574
- Latest phishing scam 527
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 340
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 279
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 181
- Sabbatical payments 172