Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 33 1
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,259 15
- Just for fun. 493 21
- VAT - TOGC 71 2
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 76 2
- Edible spam? 345 12
- Capitalisation of loan 74 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 269 2
- Are solicitors worth the money? 1,040 12
- Intercompany loans 205 5
- New Website Look 305 9
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 152 6
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,377 16
- Xero - Should I partner with them 121 1
- Overlap relief 534 14
- Suspicious debt recovery offer? 300 2
- Reduced payments on account 124 2
- Payment on account and EIS relief 76 1
- Amending a CT return 98 2
- Directors Share Purchase 286 12
- Theatre Tax Relief 458
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 357
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 352
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 327
- Perkbox 294
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 270
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 251
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 250
- Document Management Systems 225
- WIP Software 215