Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 31 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 869 41
- Tier One Tribunal 20 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 237 5
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 785 25
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 116 2
- Another transfer of property 105 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 200 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 76 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 562 11
- LEL and PAYE registration 79 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 148 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 171 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 553 14
- SA316s 215 3
- Swiching tax 542 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 530 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 387 11
- Start-up cost recognition 124 1
- Lunches 302 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 611
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 356
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 262
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 233