Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- 2 companies, one payroll 118 3
- Director Liability 35 1
- Freelance/Employee 356 9
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 127 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 377 4
- exemptions from CIS 235 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 557 10
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 78 1
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 182 5
- Xero Pain Points 632 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 263 13
- The importance of Grammar 1,732 52
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 214 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,671 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 384 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 293 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 597 23
- Cut-off accounting question 393 8
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 112 2
- VAT Reclaim 209 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 350
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 313
- Electric Car 265
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 226
- Company Structure 206
- IP trans to holding company 169
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 168