Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- SA302's anyone?? 595 17
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 38 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 340 12
- Cash in Hand 81 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 142 4
- Busines software 135 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 187 6
- Converting a barn for business use 183 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 303 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 310 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 473 10
- are receipts needed? 607 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 297 3
- Bookkeping software 717 7
- Clogged Losses 279 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 264 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 656 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 315 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 267 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 126 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 909
- International interest certificate 521
- NOVA 371
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 320
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 267
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 182
- P11D benefit received by widow 161
- EXACT ONLINE 156
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 152