Do basis periods apply to directors?
Feel a bit silly for asking this but I just can't remember.
I know that you get basis period rules for sole traders whose period of account is different to the tax year - that's fine.
However, do the same rules apply to directors who recieve dividends from a company whose accounting period differs from the tax year?
I.e. a company has a year end of 31/12/2011 - for the 2011/12 tax year would we then need to work out the dividends and other income for the small period between 01/01/2012 and 05/04/2012?
- IT advisory questions? 258 7
- signature required 540 22
- Use of home query 76 1
- Pratice Management Software 158 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 240 6
- Error in audited accounts 96 1
- Vat registration exception 200 3
- CIS software 88 2
- Homing sandwiches 472 11
- CT600 129 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 184 7
- Settlement discount 148 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 518 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 187 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 176 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 136 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 221 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 140 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 192 2
- Related Party Transactions 132 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,248
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 821
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 525
- Digita Hosted Software 341
- Credit where credit's due....... 317
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 243
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 202
- TheTax Donut 185
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 166
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 165