Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Xerocon 2016 1,050 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,197 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 267 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 293 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 620 12
- Personal Tax 526 11
- USA Tax Query 196 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,671 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 952 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 321 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 609 18
- Corrupt Excel File 677 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 357 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,987 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 291 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 425 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 191 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 375 4
- last minute request 537 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,261 46