Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Strike off 32 2
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 19 1
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 115 4
- Gift to son by parents 284 2
- Company investment 43 1
- What is your favourite font? 245 7
- RTI Mess 594 10
- directors loan 488 9
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,548 81
- When to register or not for PAYE 212 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 550 23
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 574 8
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 427 6
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 526 5
- Assets at strike off 177 3
- Business only use of company car 799 29
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 213 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,164 34
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,231 30
- New Company reviews please 685 16
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 335
- Any thoughts on Capium? 279
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 268
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 238
- auto enrolment 214
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 193
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 184
- How to account for investment in JV? 173
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 162