Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Growing pains 348 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 225 14
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 537 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 37 1
- Consequential loss claim 102 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 182 5
- Vat threshold issues 54 1
- ATT Annual Return Problems 112 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 98 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 326 5
- private to company car? 167 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 942 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 576 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 131 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 210 1
- Partner with an IVA 162 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 579 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 412 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 299 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 229 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 455
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 279
- Pre incorp expenses 270
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 240
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 231
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176