Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- The importance of Grammar 1,246 35
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 27 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 255 6
- tax saving on card points 210 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 888 14
- VAT - How hard is it? 671 24
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 240 9
- Scissors 842 24
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,301 35
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 420 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 432 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 215 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 104 2
- Profit split from an investment property 104 4
- Xero Pain Points 492 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 320 8
- VAT and Groups 79 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,922 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 215 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 450 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 367
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 318
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 292
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 199
- Company Structure 191
- VAT and customer entertaining 174