Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 14 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 82 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 685 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 266 4
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 257 2
- Old CGT loss 333 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 258 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 163 6
- Start up allowance? 473 13
- New Starter Checklist 318 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 445 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 817 22
- Goodwill complications 353 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 598 21
- HMRC Distraint 252 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 214 2
- Will I need to resign? 710 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 137 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 396 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 463 7
- TheTax Donut 1,071
- Follower cases 512
- Hive up 446
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 413
- corporate hierarchy 405
- LIVE chat, starting now 390
- Advice - 225
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 198
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 182