Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,196 17
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 270 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 405 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 165 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,120 13
- Really?! 836 10
- CIS 233 5
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,377 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 652 15
- VAT 701/49 query 229 2
- backpack 323 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 184 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 271 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 353 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 199 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 187 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 199 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 155 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 259 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 469 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 706
- 2015 tax year end 440
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 417
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 359
- Costly Accounting Software contract 316
- Directors' advances and credits 260
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 223
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 203