Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 604 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 858 36
- Self Assessment and P11D 48 1
- TRONC scheme 100 1
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 108 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 107 1
- Investment from Friend 135 8
- Advice on letting a client go ? 681 13
- Capital Gains Relief 144 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,600 29
- Identity check problem 1,249 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 183 3
- Business Set up cost 103 1
- Aged Debtor 81 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 963 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 98 3
- blank - ignore 499 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 89 2
- calculate mortgage interest 364 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 458 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 574
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 472
- Entrepreneurs' relief 418
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 342
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 242
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 235
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 165