Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 181 5
- The Cotter Case 177 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 107 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 133 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 52 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 152 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 151 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 144 1
- Giving a seminar 682 36
- Tax position on lease extension 175 1
- Boffin of the Year 298 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 219 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 78 1
- Non sequitur 251 2
- Am i Liable? 881 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 170 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 155 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 77 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,296
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 640
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 423
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 213
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 149