Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Director Drawings 81 5
- Accounts Software 40 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,659 38
- Help with HMRC investigation 168 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 239 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 191 7
- HMRC Agents Line 159 3
- Collection or business assets 76 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 236 8
- Company Director In Prison 402 10
- Tax position re this lease? 358 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 693 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 91 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,643 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 77 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 330 5
- AWeb - download file 132 2
- pension paid by company? 328 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 746 17
- Late annual return 127 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 507
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 326
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 199