Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,465 388
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 121 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 235 13
- P11D Query 178 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 172 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 157 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,268 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 546 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 270 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,286 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 138 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 183 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 113 1
- Scottish but not UK 333 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 295 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 267 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 115 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,328 25
- Company Accounts 448 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 115 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 432
- National Insurance 333
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 249
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 153