Do I depreciate this building?
I am preparing a set of projections for a proposed student accommodation.
Cost of construction of building is £2m.
The building consists of 80 self contained en-suite bedrooms with communal lounge and kitchen areas.
Students will commit to rental of between 40-45 weeks per annum.
Should the property be shown as L&B or Investment Property and what depreciation (if any) would you consider reasonable?
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 630 9
- COMPANY STRIKE OFF 22 1
- Sole Trader to Ltd 112 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 428 13
- VT accounts licence key 371 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 428 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 495 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 55 1
- Flat rate vat 330 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 237 6
- Rental property company 185 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 186 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,477 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,211 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 416 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 327 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 291 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 247 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 222 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 833
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 578
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 450
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 303
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 264
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184