Do I have to take up flooring that I didn't put down??
Apologies in advanced for asking but you're all such a varied and intelligent bunch so I thought I would ask. I am seeking legal advice over the next few days.
Very briefly, I am moving and my landlord, the council, is demanding that I take up laminate flooring that was already down when I moved in - otherwise they will bill us to take it up. The stuff is glued down and would be almost impossible to get up.
Despite objections they won't budge. They claim that we accepted it as a "gifted item".
I didn't put the damn stuff in and it is in the same condition as when I moved in. Can they make this demand???
I am fuming with this.
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 261 3
- Cocaine anyone? 119 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,464 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 815 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 445 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 248 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 320 11
- Tax return software for remote working 469 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 531 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 438 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 445 9
- How to purchase business premises? 156 2
- Will I need to resign? 821 10
- Childcare vouchers 175 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 273 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 299 6
- VAT avoidance? 234 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 189 3
- PAYE coding out 194 3
- Follower cases 577 2
- Hive up 471
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 220
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 206
- WWOOFers 202
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 188
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 182
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 179