Do I have to take up flooring that I didn't put down??
Apologies in advanced for asking but you're all such a varied and intelligent bunch so I thought I would ask. I am seeking legal advice over the next few days.
Very briefly, I am moving and my landlord, the council, is demanding that I take up laminate flooring that was already down when I moved in - otherwise they will bill us to take it up. The stuff is glued down and would be almost impossible to get up.
Despite objections they won't budge. They claim that we accepted it as a "gifted item".
I didn't put the damn stuff in and it is in the same condition as when I moved in. Can they make this demand???
I am fuming with this.
- RTI Basic tools save function 74 1
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 122 4
- Large director's pension contribution 492 6
- Car benefit or not? 2,418 22
- Charge for tax returns 407 10
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,624 19
- Company car and the new dividend tax rules 68 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 673 9
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 444 6
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 592 13
- Support / ticketing software 175 8
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 417 8
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 426 11
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 291 9
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 232 6
- interest in client bank account 178 3
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 271 13
- Landlord expenses incurred looking for new properties 335 6
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 609 14
- Company Number 10000000 889 11
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 780
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 209
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 202
- Just checking re PSA 187
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 181