Do I have to take up flooring that I didn't put down??
Apologies in advanced for asking but you're all such a varied and intelligent bunch so I thought I would ask. I am seeking legal advice over the next few days.
Very briefly, I am moving and my landlord, the council, is demanding that I take up laminate flooring that was already down when I moved in - otherwise they will bill us to take it up. The stuff is glued down and would be almost impossible to get up.
Despite objections they won't budge. They claim that we accepted it as a "gifted item".
I didn't put the damn stuff in and it is in the same condition as when I moved in. Can they make this demand???
I am fuming with this.
- Industrial and Provident Society Accounts Format 52 1
- Excel query 202 6
- Payment on account penalties 188 5
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 375 16
- New supplier 198 4
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 346 6
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 799 22
- Buying a horse?? 466 14
- Year End Bank Position 42 1
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 91 2
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 170 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 287 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 121 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,076 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 179 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 67 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,370 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 577 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,712 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 128 2
- CTA study material 812
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 469
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 314
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162