Do I have to take up flooring that I didn't put down??
Apologies in advanced for asking but you're all such a varied and intelligent bunch so I thought I would ask. I am seeking legal advice over the next few days.
Very briefly, I am moving and my landlord, the council, is demanding that I take up laminate flooring that was already down when I moved in - otherwise they will bill us to take it up. The stuff is glued down and would be almost impossible to get up.
Despite objections they won't budge. They claim that we accepted it as a "gifted item".
I didn't put the damn stuff in and it is in the same condition as when I moved in. Can they make this demand???
I am fuming with this.
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 28 1
- Clothing 569 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 280 12
- Digita in the cloud 23 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 209 7
- IHT and US resident 120 2
- Tax relief when working away 35 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 147 5
- Anybody still doing returns? 797 33
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 201 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,236 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- Designated sole Residence 166 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 741 15
- Anyone know what this is? 305 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 929 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 558 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 283 9
- no utr 314 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,145 49
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199