Do I have to take up flooring that I didn't put down??
Apologies in advanced for asking but you're all such a varied and intelligent bunch so I thought I would ask. I am seeking legal advice over the next few days.
Very briefly, I am moving and my landlord, the council, is demanding that I take up laminate flooring that was already down when I moved in - otherwise they will bill us to take it up. The stuff is glued down and would be almost impossible to get up.
Despite objections they won't budge. They claim that we accepted it as a "gifted item".
I didn't put the damn stuff in and it is in the same condition as when I moved in. Can they make this demand???
I am fuming with this.
- CGT on 'listed co return of capital via B share' 47 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,020 14
- Investment property? 607 5
- PAYE 101 2
- Quote for client 316 8
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 256 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 102 2
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 198 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 49 1
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 86 1
- Investment Unrealised Gains Accounting Treatment 73 1
- Annual Report - How to? 85 1
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 291 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 271 10
- error on companies house accounts 911 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 199 3
- ATT Exam tips and study help 132 2
- Client's company struck off 1,887 21
- Refurbised Pub 190 4
- Directors obligation to notify 401 6
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 517
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 454
- EPS and CIS deductions 320
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 304
- Construction CIS LLP Company 295
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 279
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 228
- SAGE winforecast 218
- Overdrawn director account 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 200