Do i need to complete a tax return if i'm a director?
My Co-director, has another job and his pay is through the PAYE and fully taxed. He then receives a small dividend and no wage from our company. Total dividend and wage from other job are under the high rate tax. He has been told by an accountant that he has to file a SA return even though he hasn't recieved notification to file.
I don't think this is correct. I was under the impression that HMRC will always say you have to but in legislation there is nothing to say you have to as long as all tax has been paid, which it would have been in this case.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,059 31
- incorrect old p60 322 7
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 219 3
- Missing tax return 331 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 332 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 137 2
- Inflation and fees 1,373 24
- Sage Priority Support 172 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 188 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 825 24
- Micro-entity accounts 213 1
- Related party disclosure 203 3
- Company reconstruction 135 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 232 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 148 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 169 1
- Advice please! 415 2
- VAT on new builds 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 147 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 384 6