Do i need to complete a tax return if i'm a director?
My Co-director, has another job and his pay is through the PAYE and fully taxed. He then receives a small dividend and no wage from our company. Total dividend and wage from other job are under the high rate tax. He has been told by an accountant that he has to file a SA return even though he hasn't recieved notification to file.
I don't think this is correct. I was under the impression that HMRC will always say you have to but in legislation there is nothing to say you have to as long as all tax has been paid, which it would have been in this case.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,841 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 126 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,165 45
- Mortgage Reference 97 1
- Practical experience 839 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 416 9
- Personal Tax 130 1
- VAT 304 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 178 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 130 1
- last minute request 235 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 490 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 74 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 426 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 102 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 250 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 655 6
- Overseas workday relief 168 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 327 3