Do i need to register as an employer and submit a P35
Hi, I've recently started my own business. I have no employees at present and I am the only director.
I am paying myself a very small salary - £500 a month.
My question is, do I need to register as an employer? From reading through the HMRC website I'm not sure as I qualify as one employee? And if so do I need to complete a P35/P60/P11 just for me?
I'm getting paid above the minimum LEL but don't have to pay any PAYE or NI.
Any help would be much appreciated!
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,651 434
- Cash injection by shareholder 275 7
- Fees for Property Tax Return 108 3
- capital gains on PPR 145 7
- Separating business for VAT purposes 55 1
- 40% rule for travel expenses 337 9
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,233 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 327 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 261 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 410 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,392 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 346 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 290 8
- PRR 327 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 227 3
- corp tax software 385 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 458 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 485 7
- Which tax box 211 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 186 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,308
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 471
- National Insurance 365
- Non Resident 290
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 177
- Employer's Helpline 161
- employment capital allowances 156
- CIS paid under reg 9 149