Do i need to register as an employer and submit a P35
Hi, I've recently started my own business. I have no employees at present and I am the only director.
I am paying myself a very small salary - £500 a month.
My question is, do I need to register as an employer? From reading through the HMRC website I'm not sure as I qualify as one employee? And if so do I need to complete a P35/P60/P11 just for me?
I'm getting paid above the minimum LEL but don't have to pay any PAYE or NI.
Any help would be much appreciated!
- The stupidity continues 445 18
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 156 5
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 85 1
- transactions after account have been closed 96 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,315 25
- New Employers Helpline 182 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 171 3
- Software recommendations 241 1
- Share transfer question 359 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 295 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 157 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,408 19
- Overlap relief 750 19
- What is IRIS World like? 351 8
- Pension contributions 368 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 484 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 181 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 477 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 268 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 293
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 198
- Small Part Disposal of Property 181
- Uncommercial property business 176