Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- Cater Allen Commission 108 3
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 79 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 53 1
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 218 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 45 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 112 5
- Classic cars investment 137 3
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 485 13
- Sage at it again? 350 5
- BrightPay 507 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 182 5
- Is this a scam? 1,576 27
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 699 19
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 145 5
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 404 6
- S455 457 21
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 197 3
- client issues 323 4
- Capital Gain? 362 9
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 182 2
- Benchmarking 466
- Possible Partnership? 414
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 401
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 387
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 330
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 193
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 171
- Clubs and Taxable Income 169
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165