Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- business entertaining deductibility 66 1
- Go Cardless 212 7
- Self assessment tax arrears 37 2
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 853 51
- R & D 87 3
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 726 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 194 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 49 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 86 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 102 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 90 1
- New Business Registration 196 5
- Audit rules 128 3
- Hosted email exchange 112 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 122 1
- G P life time allowance 94 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 352 11
- Bringing money to Uk 199 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 107 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 104 2
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 214
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 152
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 142