Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- Dividend payment date 1,867 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,685 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 113 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 124 5
- Director hired as an individual 61 2
- Real names 516 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 88 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,276 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 81 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 190 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 174 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 112 1
- Who owns the data 212 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 151 5
- Sole Trader Fees 112 1
- Loan interest rental property 191 5
- Theatre as charitable company 45 1
- Peer to Peer lending 134 5
- What's the plural? 668 14
- Well well well 254 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 431
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 332
- IFA incorporation 307
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 291
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 250
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 238
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 229
- Sorry ignore me 223