Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 759 14
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 464 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 229 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 135 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 196 6
- Next Move 285 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 387 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 157 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 201 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 329 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 693 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 249 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 138 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,193 34
- Casual Driver 234 4
- Self Assessment Software 626 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 337 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,248 10
- Is there a problem when filing with HMRC today? 152 2
- It's not the end of the tax return 240 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 629
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 393
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 392
- Property letting & CAs 375
- 2015 tax year end 370
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 368
- FCA regulated company in a small group 334
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 229
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 222
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 216