Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- New business - journal entries 364 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 198 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 195 5
- Payroll software 626 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 240 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 378 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 716 18
- B2B vat in the EU 169 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 115 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 192 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 214 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 179 4
- LLP as member of LLP 123 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,802 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 490 7
- Vat 293 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,297 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 210 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 186 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 842
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 398
- Social investment tax relief 215
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 169
- accounting for this transaction 168
- Travel costs and contractors 163
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 157