Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 759 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 189 7
- Related Parties Note 81 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,167 52
- what time is it ? 298 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 86 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 430 24
- VAT on disbursement 165 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 996 18
- tax credits 207 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,040 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 82 1
- LLP - Member leaving 188 6
- Year end 258 3
- Foreign income for self employed 172 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 306 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 323 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,148 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 252 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 627 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 907
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 526
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 320
- Tax efficient holding company structure 257
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 247
- Investment property company accounts template 231
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 196
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 181
- Charge out rates in London? 157