Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- Depreciation 112 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 109 3
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 310 11
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,257 53
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 207 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 162 3
- client can't/won't pay 422 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 179 6
- AIA 170 4
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 249 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 257 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,183 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 263 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 201 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 558 26
- HMRC SA software error? 165 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 170 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 268 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 211 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 192 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 787
- Copy Wanted 500
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 457
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 453
- Latest phishing scam 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief 277
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 272
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 251
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 241
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 237