Do qualified bookkeepers matter?
Prospect with £3 million turnover is looking at Clearbooks as an alternative to Sage.
Prospect also thinks an unqualified director banging in data into Sage is all that is required for accounts. Sigh!
Marshalling arguments as to why a qualified bookkeeper is a better option and Clearbooks, however lousy Sage is viewed, is not the answer to a £3 million T/O growing company. Also why some financial advise is better than a director using Sage as their cash flow stinks (IT company). Not sure they even know that!
I have a number of arguments to bolster me but as tired of repeating the same arguments as to why accountants matter would welcome some good points which as an informative forum will help me convince them but may have points not thought of (or forgotten) but will certainly motivate me in a tired argument.
- New Starter Checklist 128 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 195 3
- HMRC Distraint 179 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 174 2
- Will I need to resign? 582 9
- Old CGT loss 278 8
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 684 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 427 20
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 70 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 321 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 396 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,026 16
- How to explain this to someone 146 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,401 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 141 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 621 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 219 1
- Limited company purchase of property 503 4
- Goodwill complications 292 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 85 1
- TheTax Donut 1,067
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 710
- Follower cases 508
- Hive up 444
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 410
- corporate hierarchy 403
- LIVE chat, starting now 384
- Advice - 221
- Amortisation of Goodwill 191
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 189