Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- New dividend taxation 354 3
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 72 1
- Not renewing AAT 624 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,423 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,731 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 115 1
- Company car v company allowance 224 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 427 9
- Company formation and bank account 372 9
- Next Move 650 18
- Owning overseas property 309 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 282 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 232 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 691 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 647 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 246 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 418 8
- OneNote is fantastic 582 11
- VAT Direct Debit 393 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 475 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 665
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 407
- Property letting & CAs 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 392
- 2015 tax year end 390
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 313
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 209
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204