Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Dress code 190 8
- How much did you pay for your website 1,387 24
- What would you do in this situation? 550 13
- Help Required 340 10
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 250 10
- directors control and tax problems 178 5
- Fastest Software 764 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 931 28
- What's in a name ? 304 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 234 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 426 15
- Bulk Invoicing 171 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 150 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 244 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 174 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 138 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 183 2
- Sole trader mix up 307 4
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 426
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 188
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 178
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 149