Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Accounting for investment club gains 46 1
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,106 34
- Faxpay in the 21st century 42 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 664 7
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 507 32
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 162 5
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 92 3
- Is it just me 264 7
- LLP classification of division of profit 183 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 487 9
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 224 4
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 318 22
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 113 5
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 96 1
- Excessive Security 771 32
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 475 9
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 505 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 120 2
- Fee protection 327 10
- Go Cardless 123 3
- Xtuple 485
- Qtac payroll for bureau 326
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 264
- Mehjoo 209
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 146
- South African Government Pension 143
- CIS schemes 139