Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 173 9
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 328 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 78 1
- Accountant Error 217 5
- Auto enrolment 49 1
- Deferral relief 85 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,215 18
- Accountants' Error 344 7
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 671 26
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 120 2
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 85 2
- Companies House Abbreviated Accounts 411 5
- Wear and tear allowance 381 5
- HMRC Enquiry 519 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 231 2
- Share swap 117 1
- Cashback 351 2
- another ir35!!!! 243 2
- Settlement, or any other issues? 101 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 114 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,434
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 737
- Any views 680
- HMRC Employers Diary 507
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 377
- Sale of business 333
- NOVA 243
- Advertising services? 231
- IRIS Open Books problem 225