Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Sage Priority Support 140 3
- incorrect old p60 247 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 124 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 798 24
- Micro-entity accounts 80 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 969 26
- Related party disclosure 143 3
- Inflation and fees 1,295 23
- Company reconstruction 72 1
- Missing tax return 251 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 104 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 137 1
- Advice please! 385 2
- VAT on new builds 154 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 117 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 349 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,942 28
- Redundancy Pay 446 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 736 6