Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 798 12
- Personal Tax 162 2
- Mortgage Reference 146 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,854 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 141 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,174 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 201 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 160 1
- last minute request 267 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 443 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 113 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 263 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6