Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,313 21
- Self assessment for directors 118 2
- BVI registered 130 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 267 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,599 17
- A little knowledge 345 6
- Digita in the cloud 146 2
- Tax relief when working away 69 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 958 36
- Tax relief when working away 171 3
- Designated sole Residence 245 5
- Scratch Head 343 1
- Year end 266 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 321 13
- Clothing 635 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 166 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 197 5
- Identity check problem 1,520 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 250 1
- Capital allowances on Software 242 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 963
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 687
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 612
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 449
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 333
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 266
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 223
- Negligible Value Claim 205