Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,881 29
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 412 24
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 227 5
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 740 27
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,858 64
- Working out a daily rate 90 5
- Auto enrolment 1,199 13
- Payroll dates 96 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 274 8
- Withholding of tax 78 1
- missing 922 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 145 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 87 1
- are receipts needed? 136 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 506 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 191 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 157 7
- Partnership merger 84 1
- Know it alls (who don't) 856 19
- VAT on motor expenses 999 36
- Skandia using wrong address 1,570
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 868
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 246
- Management expenses for investment company 228
- Bonus Bonds 226
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 216
- Help with tax codes on Sage 169
- Capital reduction 160