Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 127 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,340 377
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 128 4
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 75 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,250 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 485 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 263 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,276 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 111 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 168 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 107 1
- Scottish but not UK 318 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 287 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- P11D Query 152 4
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 92 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 441 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 104 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 299 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 429
- National Insurance 331
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 325
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 241
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152