Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 220 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 24 1
- Have i messed up? 733 11
- VAT on garage rent 98 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 416 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 47 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 72 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 237 8
- Tasks for new trainees 130 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 60 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 50 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 552 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 98 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,636 46
- Property scam victim 297 4
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 249 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,804 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 167 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 139 2
- Partnership returns software 88 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,085
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 286
- Charge out rates in London? 240
- Interest on Loan to a Company 187
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153