Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,215 33
- MAAT vs ACCA 493 9
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 88 5
- Vat on Payments on Account 28 1
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 107 3
- Yorkshire Day 309 20
- calculation DTR restriction 147 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 53 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 134 4
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 885 23
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,863 45
- Accountancy Career 499 10
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,066 21
- Group Audit Thresholds 400 12
- Flat rate VAT 255 5
- Client payment options 88 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 116 1
- Help with HMRC investigation 467 8
- Best apps for clients 960 7
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 281 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 697
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 554
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Probiz 342
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 211