Do we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
My client is a small flat management company.
In the past they have paid one of the residents/shareholders an annual fee of £1,800 for dealing with the day to day administration of gettting quotes for repair work, liasing with builders, paying insurance, the gardner etc.
This year the person undertaking the work also happens to be the company secretary.
I have heard that from 2013 new measures are going to be introduced to require "office holders" to have PAYE deducted at source. As company secretary she is an office holder but the fee is in respect of day to day general administration duties and not related to the fact she is company secretary. In this case do you think we need to set up a PAYE scheme ?
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 96 8
- Amortisation of Goodwill 237 1
- You know its over 85 2
- Cocaine anyone? 377 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 375 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 371 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 618 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 499 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 516 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 37 1
- Personal pension 382 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 208 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,188 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 879 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 95 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,498 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 302 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 274 1
- Tax return software for remote working 504 4
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 470 9
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 420
- Advice - 257
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 215
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 162
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 161