Do you know about tax in the Entertainment business
I have a new client who is a sole trader and trades as a composer of musical score.
Business is good and he turns over around £200k making £130k in profit and paying substantial tax through self assessment.
A substantial part of his income is in the form of royalties paid every year and he is also credited with the copyrights of the work
We want to incorporate him to give him a better tax position but we want to understand the implications of this action.
Specifically whether or not the rights to the royalties and payments due to the copyright holder can be assigned to a limited company and if so whether a transfer of these rights could be considered a transfer of a business asset and attract relief under TCGA 1992 S165 transfer of business assets to avoid any capital gain.
Anyone with experience or anyone who may know an specialist in Entertainment Law please get in touch.
Any comments also welcome?
- Please for the love of god can anyone clear this up for me accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 206 9
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 513 11
- Tax Return Deadlines 84 1
- Flat rate vat error 315 7
- EC VAT 203 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 514 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 282 14
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 533 16
- can I claim a per diem 254 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 135 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,369 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 245 6
- VAT on part of a closed pub 239 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 84 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 284 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 527 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 848 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 157 3
- Linux Accounting Software 564 13
- RTI due -no broadband 164 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 826
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 503
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 316
- How to format a stock book 283
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 227
- Tax efficient holding company structure 222
- Investment property company accounts template 217
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 210
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 177