Do you need a car for your practice in London?
As I have mentioned before I tend to cycle everywhere for work and pleasure.
I have a car that is only used for weekly food shopping that can easily be done through the net. My 10 year old car has only done 23,000 miles.
I am thinking about getting rid of the car and be carless. It will save me the hassle of servicing, mot and tax. At the same time I am not comfortable about this. This would be a real moving out of my comfort zone experience for me.
Are you without a car in practice? How is that working for you? Any comments for me to make a decision would be appreciated.
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 147 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 34 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 243 6
- CIS 62 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 594 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 100 1
- Really?! 677 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 283 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 166 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 447 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 888 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 271 4
- Car Purchase 130 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 163 7
- IR35 117 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,923 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 284 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,266 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,580 9
- backpack 240 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 437
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 413
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 351
- Costly Accounting Software contract 303
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 250
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201