Do you need a car for your practice in London?
As I have mentioned before I tend to cycle everywhere for work and pleasure.
I have a car that is only used for weekly food shopping that can easily be done through the net. My 10 year old car has only done 23,000 miles.
I am thinking about getting rid of the car and be carless. It will save me the hassle of servicing, mot and tax. At the same time I am not comfortable about this. This would be a real moving out of my comfort zone experience for me.
Are you without a car in practice? How is that working for you? Any comments for me to make a decision would be appreciated.
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 399 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 130 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 99 1
- Registered Office 151 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 108 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 907 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 112 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 690 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 310 9
- Residential Management Companies 93 2
- Value pricing 2,857 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 123 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 401
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Paye procedures for CVA 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 200
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189