Do you need a car for your practice in London?
As I have mentioned before I tend to cycle everywhere for work and pleasure.
I have a car that is only used for weekly food shopping that can easily be done through the net. My 10 year old car has only done 23,000 miles.
I am thinking about getting rid of the car and be carless. It will save me the hassle of servicing, mot and tax. At the same time I am not comfortable about this. This would be a real moving out of my comfort zone experience for me.
Are you without a car in practice? How is that working for you? Any comments for me to make a decision would be appreciated.
- transactions after account have been closed 155 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 150 5
- The stupidity continues 590 22
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 523 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 205 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 114 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,339 25
- New Employers Helpline 202 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 213 3
- Software recommendations 273 1
- Share transfer question 376 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 322 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 179 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,453 19
- Overlap relief 758 19
- What is IRIS World like? 364 8
- Pension contributions 381 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 509 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 202 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 280 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 438
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 299
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 206
- Is there anything wrong with this? 201
- Small Part Disposal of Property 188
- Uncommercial property business 180