Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 103 2
- Shadow director or alternative? 447 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 64 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 70 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,236 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,100 339
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 97 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 382 21
- Use of home for storage 303 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 308 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 767 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,224 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 338 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 199 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 76 1
- property rental income split 233 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 290 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 355 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 401 17
- What should I do for 'free' 616 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,182
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 399
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 312
- National Insurance 306
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 232
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 216
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139