Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Mortgage Adviser's request 123 4
- CGT on spouse's death 69 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 379 8
- Payroll software 168 4
- Company UTR numbers 286 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 344 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 636 30
- Starting Again 111 1
- Summer house for business only 57 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 84 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 548 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 121 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 112 3
- How do you count your clients 394 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 147 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 107 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 465 9
- Property Expenses 114 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 151 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 739 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 588
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 576
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 374
- Pensions Regulator 344
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 277
- Government Gateway - VAT 271
- Using the correct forms 259
- SA penalty proposals 243
- RTI - duplicate employee record 230
- Accelerated payment notices 224