Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 119 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 328 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 212 3
- FreeAgent question 104 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 129 2
- CIS monthly returns 182 2
- Goodie bag 1,555 52
- Husband Wife let property 352 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 502 12
- Output tax for retailer 313 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 282 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 139 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 137 1
- CT600 Advice 138 1
- Fair Value Accounting 80 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 155 4
- can I approach clients ? 409 8
- Companies House Penalties 148 2
- Apostille documents 117 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 546 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 518
- New Fangled Penalties 447
- Fuming! 383
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 318
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 257
- Outsource Data Entry 241
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 236
- Moving away from CCH software 229
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 177