Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Direct debit entry query 94 3
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 697 10
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,072 18
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 23 1
- IT advisory questions? 364 10
- Homing sandwiches 737 16
- Acounting Courses 82 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 91 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 108 1
- signature required 791 30
- Any constructive answers? 295 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 258 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 78 1
- When to leave the VAT FRS 132 6
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 212 2
- Use of home query 385 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 298 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 537 11
- CIS software 195 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 157 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,285
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 326
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 208
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154