Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Boffin of the Year 257 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 208 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 223 4
- Sage Depreciation 65 1
- Non sequitur 215 2
- Am i Liable? 854 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 159 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 152 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 60 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 461 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 80 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 95 2
- Giving a seminar 653 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 916 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 370 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 341 14
- PAYE versus Dividends 137 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 442 9
- equipment rental 78 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 385 16
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,287
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 635
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 418
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 328
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 252
- Alphabet shares 216
- Agent fees to sell business 209
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 203
- Office recharges 166
- Tax position on lease extension 162