Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 29 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 338 4
- FPS or EPS 110 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,983 17
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 228 3
- Continuity of Practice 158 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 109 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 304 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,180 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 239 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 146 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 289 10
- Online Downtime 331 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 324 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 786 31
- Personal allowance 671 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 176 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 444 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 406 10
- Moving away from CCH software 944
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 377
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 352
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 320
- fraud 276
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 192