Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Accounting Crew 1,025 24
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 153 3
- Dividend payment date 1,944 35
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 193 6
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 174 6
- Capital Gains Tax 180 4
- Well well well 394 5
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 170 11
- Errors in prior year accounts 196 5
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 208 7
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 220 9
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 498 13
- Company Secretarial Software 1,314 28
- LLP and LTD Co 104 3
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 108 1
- Real names 628 21
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 303 9
- CGT on Sale of shop 95 1
- Disincorporation before selling goodwill in the business 224 4
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,766 18
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 571
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 438
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 339
- IFA incorporation 319
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 307
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 302
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 255
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 246
- Sorry ignore me 245
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 242