Do you offer collect and drop facility?
This is a basic question, do not read/respond if you do not like basic questions. If you do respond please be courteous or move on. Do not waste your time and mine by clogging up this thread.
Apart from one client taken on in my early days, I do not offer to collect client documents and then dropping them once the work is done. It would be too time intensive.
I had a potential client meeting and he said that another accountant offers this. I did explain to him this would add to the cost since more time would be taken up on him.
I informed the client I would like to think about this and I would let him know on Monday. It was obvious that this point would be a deal breaker for the client. In terms of time it would take about an hour every quarter to do this.This adds up when this are many clients.
I remember TaxAssist accountants offering this.
How do you get records from your clients?
NB I am not asking for advice what I should do. I am asking what the practice is
- Comments on this scenario 119 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 223 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 117 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,640 67
- Penalties 112 1
- SAGE con 223 4
- rates of pay query 220 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 89 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 141 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 199 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 108 1
- Overpayment relief claim 157 5
- Charity reserves 131 3
- Have i messed up? 672 10
- Year end 364 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 229 3
- Related Parties Note 420 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 109 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 132 4
- loss on carbon credits 113 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,018
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 555
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 363
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Charge out rates in London? 211
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151