Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Cashflow forecasting software 241 3
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,897 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 240 4
- Turnover on a tax return 180 7
- incorrect old p60 390 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 228 3
- VAT refund 129 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 209 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 258 3
- Missing tax return 379 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,100 30
- Inflation and fees 1,395 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 835 24
- Micro-entity accounts 268 1
- Related party disclosure 224 3
- Company reconstruction 158 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 166 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 187 1