Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 798 12
- Personal Tax 167 2
- Mortgage Reference 148 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,854 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 142 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,174 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 202 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 162 1
- last minute request 268 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 445 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 114 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 264 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6