Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- You cannot be Serious!!! 139 1
- Top slicing relief question 210 2
- Valuation of PET on death 68 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 207 6
- Share swap 275 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 61 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 86 2
- Online filing 117 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 313 13
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 119 4
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,655 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 88 2
- Converting a barn for business use 75 1
- Was I rude 674 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 209 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 99 2
- Joint rental income 102 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 316 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 132 4
- Auto enrolment 380 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 802
- Any views 723
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 382
- NOVA 278
- IRIS Open Books problem 276
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 193
- Expenses claim for non employee 181