Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Anybody still doing returns? 723 31
- Clothing 514 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 138 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 160 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 78 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 344 16
- Designated sole Residence 139 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 718 15
- Anyone know what this is? 237 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 894 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 508 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 264 9
- no utr 289 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,122 49
- Director drawings 606 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 293 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 131 3
- LLP formed in 2013 103 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 206 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 675
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 622
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 325
- Scratch Head 264
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 255
- Sabbatical payments 217
- Negligible Value Claim 197