Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Moneysoft Payroll 525 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,212 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,515 26
- Coming out of flat rate 144 1
- Something for the weekend? 178 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 177 1
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 262 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,575 27
- Accounting for display stands 209 6
- AML reporting to NCA 152 3
- A Friday Funny. 249 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,465 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 409 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 297 4
- VAT training 204 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 347 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 188 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 379 9
- Companies House Search 271 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 556 14
- NHS finance professionals 699
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 428
- Foreign Pension Contribution 400
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 380
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 333
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 298
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 272
- IFA income recognition & reporting 223
- Incorporating doctors 215