Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Freehold Property Depreciation 308 14
- Claiming VAT without invoice 212 4
- Non domicile swiss bank 20 1
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 386 9
- Accounting for Film Rights 105 4
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 185 2
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 177 7
- Relevant life plan 81 2
- Limited Company expenses 185 6
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 275 3
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 263 5
- Software recommendations? 225 3
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 111 2
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 320 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 552 16
- Shares paid - petty cash 211 4
- Is an ex-gratia payment to a company taxable 166 5
- Charity accounting 181 5
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 634 1
- client issues 823 5
- Possible Partnership? 570
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 490
- New Fangled Penalties 374
- Clubs and Taxable Income 306
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 282
- Loans to other companies 230
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 225
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 196
- Outsource Data Entry 187
- Moving away from CCH software 169