Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 18 1
- Moneysoft - technical query 236 6
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,194 49
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 176 8
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 79 2
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 35 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 131 4
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 179 3
- Manufacturing A/c - Acc. depn 48 2
- VAT REGISTATIONS 138 3
- New Company Director PAYE Question 810 22
- Class 4 Losses 150 3
- Taking drawings in a partnership 66 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 60 3
- Education - Pre made assembly! 110 1
- Remove Extinguished Charge 118 1
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 377 1
- Disclosure requirements for a subsidiary of an associated company 114 3
- Let Property Campaign 209 4
- Cloud Accounting 303 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 344
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 282
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 254
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 253
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 243
- Electric Car 197
- S222 Charge 186
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 177
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 176
- Freelance Accounting link 165