Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Voluntary Disclosure 266 4
- valuation of vehicles 437 18
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 324 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 423 4
- BTC is slow 273 3
- Director registration for SA question 493 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 222 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 395 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 709 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 515 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 337 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 976 29
- New Company reviews please 567 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 328 4
- VAT with Russia 253 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 237 4
- Money Laundering Manual 309 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 258 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,131 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 307
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 251
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 240
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 222
- auto enrolment 194
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 160
- How to account for investment in JV? 159
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149