Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Payroll question 68 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,654 106
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 451 8
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 231 5
- In pratice using part time accountants 142 1
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 152 3
- Overlap profit 215 4
- Goodwill On Incorporation 86 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 166 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 328 5
- micro entity balance sheet query 267 6
- Keeping disastrous accounts 188 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 616 19
- RTI Payroll ID 933 21
- VAT flat rate scheme 537 9
- Computations in HMRC accounts software 123 2
- EIS 3 Processing Delays at HMRC 182 2
- Unwarranted VAT assessments 148 1
- Virtual Assistants 137 1
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 540 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 833
- Pensions Regulator 473
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 437
- Sanzar 333
- How do you do it 327
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 283
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 199
- new investor structure 194
- Fit for purpose 191