Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 689 18
- B2B vat in the EU 154 4
- Coding Notice 185 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 63 1
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 361 9
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 178 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 194 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 159 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 152 3
- LLP as member of LLP 109 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,760 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 466 7
- Vat 288 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,287 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 198 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 175 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,498 18
- CT/CIS offset 154 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 203 4
- Trade name 202 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 828
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 712
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 395
- Social investment tax relief 211
- Digita Hosted Software 207
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 167
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 152
- accounting for this transaction 152