Does a £35k dividend clear a £35k overdrawn DLA
Firstly,many apologies for posting this question as i know similar if not the same question has been asked before. I have quickly searched any answers to find the answer but have drawn a blank.
DLA overdrawn by £35k at the year end. It is now 8 months since the year end. We now know that there was £32000 of undistributed profit at the year end. If i clear the £35k by £30000 final divi plus £5k interim divi now does that remove the need to pay S455 tax? He will have taken out probably £35k+ since the year end.
I know in the past, i have seen people argue that Loan 1 of £35k is cleared by the dividend and that the amount withdrawn since the year end is a separate loan. Do the Revenue accept that?
Alternatively, what about backdating a £32k dividend to a date say 14 days after the year end? I must admit that doesn't sit comfortably with me but does anybody adopt this approach. I guess the Revenue can never prove the date a minute was passed crediting the dividend to the DLA?
Any help greatly appreciated and once again apologies for posting a question that has almost without doubt been covered before.
- Telephone call from "Xero" 126 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 130 3
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 341 3
- Rights of Alphabet shares 165 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 185 4
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 111 2
- P9D or P11D 881 8
- Business Bank account 91 3
- P35 and Service Company questions 228 6
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 675 28
- Purchase of ltd company 89 3
- Repairs or Improvement? 108 2
- Share Capital 162 3
- Administrative restoration 161 4
- Limited company 71 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 164 3
- Excel formula 459 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 165 4
- Companies House incorporation service 403 13
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,626 13
- Xtuple 555
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 308
- CIS schemes 228
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 185