Does anyone still do the 'black bag' jobs?
I just wondered if anyone still gets the 'black bag' jobs as I have just picked up a classic!
The client opened her business last October and has literally just chucked everything in a bag - invoices, receipts, cheque books, paying-in books, bank statements, the lot!
It's therefore about a year's worth of book-keeping and of course a set of accounts and tax return (eventually!).
I am just interested to know what sort of figure other members would charge if they were presented with this... I realise a lot wouldn't touch it with a bargepole but, for the ones that would, what would you charge to get the black bag to a completed set of accounts & ITR?
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 830 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 271 4
- Cocaine anyone? 146 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,467 21
- ACCA - still making me laugh 452 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 251 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 324 11
- Tax return software for remote working 476 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 541 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 440 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 447 9
- How to purchase business premises? 164 2
- Will I need to resign? 826 10
- Childcare vouchers 188 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 273 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 300 6
- VAT avoidance? 237 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 190 3
- PAYE coding out 204 3
- Follower cases 577 2
- Hive up 476
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 222
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 208
- WWOOFers 202
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 188
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 183
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 179