Does anyone still do the 'black bag' jobs?
I just wondered if anyone still gets the 'black bag' jobs as I have just picked up a classic!
The client opened her business last October and has literally just chucked everything in a bag - invoices, receipts, cheque books, paying-in books, bank statements, the lot!
It's therefore about a year's worth of book-keeping and of course a set of accounts and tax return (eventually!).
I am just interested to know what sort of figure other members would charge if they were presented with this... I realise a lot wouldn't touch it with a bargepole but, for the ones that would, what would you charge to get the black bag to a completed set of accounts & ITR?
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 292 4
- Closing my business down 83 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 848 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 292 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 108 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 591 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,242 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,468 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 193 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 114 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 293 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 91 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,095 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 417 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 156 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 225 3
- FPS or EPS 173 2
- Continuity of Practice 224 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 147 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 286
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 261
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 214
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 182