Does anyone still do the 'black bag' jobs?
I just wondered if anyone still gets the 'black bag' jobs as I have just picked up a classic!
The client opened her business last October and has literally just chucked everything in a bag - invoices, receipts, cheque books, paying-in books, bank statements, the lot!
It's therefore about a year's worth of book-keeping and of course a set of accounts and tax return (eventually!).
I am just interested to know what sort of figure other members would charge if they were presented with this... I realise a lot wouldn't touch it with a bargepole but, for the ones that would, what would you charge to get the black bag to a completed set of accounts & ITR?
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 28 1
- Charities sorp - portfolio management fees 175 5
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 303 12
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 363 15
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 375 10
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 93 1
- Easy way to not pay tax 205 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 344 8
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 157 4
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 200 2
- Builder using cash labour 144 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 229 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 452 11
- Was I rude 845 20
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 220 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 300 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 222 6
- Non-compete agreement 197 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 214 1
- Any views 749 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,488
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 827
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 397
- NOVA 301
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 211
- Bonus Bonds 181
- Management expenses for investment company 178
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 172