Does this equate to employment or a trade?
A potential client has just approached me and thinking about the circumstances I fear that they could be in some difficulty.
To summarise the situation. Up until Nov 2011 they were working for an agency providing basic healthcare services to a Husband and Wife. From Dec 2011 the couple paid my client directly for the same services. She attends to their needs throughout the day twice at mealtimes and once at bedtime. She does not live in, driving a short 3 mile journey to their home. She buys her own cleaning materials and cloths. Minimal expenditure. They are her only clients.
My query is then does this constitute a trade or is she not "employed" by the Husband and Wife?
- Cashflow forecasting software 262 3
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,899 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 249 4
- Turnover on a tax return 193 7
- incorrect old p60 394 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 230 3
- VAT refund 136 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 219 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 259 3
- Missing tax return 379 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,104 30
- Inflation and fees 1,397 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 837 24
- Micro-entity accounts 273 1
- Related party disclosure 228 3
- Company reconstruction 162 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 168 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 189 1