Does this equate to employment or a trade?
A potential client has just approached me and thinking about the circumstances I fear that they could be in some difficulty.
To summarise the situation. Up until Nov 2011 they were working for an agency providing basic healthcare services to a Husband and Wife. From Dec 2011 the couple paid my client directly for the same services. She attends to their needs throughout the day twice at mealtimes and once at bedtime. She does not live in, driving a short 3 mile journey to their home. She buys her own cleaning materials and cloths. Minimal expenditure. They are her only clients.
My query is then does this constitute a trade or is she not "employed" by the Husband and Wife?
- Xerocon 2016 1,057 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,198 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 272 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 301 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 625 12
- Personal Tax 530 11
- USA Tax Query 200 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,676 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 953 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 327 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 611 18
- Corrupt Excel File 677 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 359 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,988 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 291 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 429 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 194 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 379 4
- last minute request 539 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,262 46