The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Classic cars investment 209 6
- BrightPay 565 16
- VAT silly question 2,373 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,064 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 118 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 225 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 243 6
- Federation Accounts 354 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 530 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 274 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 127 2
- Late reply from HMRC 248 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 283 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,662 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,424 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,792 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 504 11
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 219 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 233 8
- RTI - new employee 193 3
- Benchmarking 486
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 405
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 203
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 184
- Income tax on foreign dividends 184
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 180