The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- When to top-up pensions? 85 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 135 3
- Support / ticketing software 308 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 259 6
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 567 14
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 289 3
- Imported goods and VAT 100 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 418 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 567 11
- Stamp Duty 136 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,828 22
- Company Number 10000000 963 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 351 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 190 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 437 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,821 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 433 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 212 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 333 5
- Best software for small practice? 838 24
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 210
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 207
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187