The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Ex-accountant charging a fee for professional clearance 2,092 86
- Can the director of a ltd company claim childcare as a business expense 134 3
- Cash investment in start-up 54 1
- PII 182 5
- Transfer of Shares to Non Family Without Consideration 94 2
- CRM Systems Recommendations 148 3
- Money Laundering do i need to register with HMRC 98 2
- Client refusing to change basis period 517 15
- E-commerce and online accounting software 61 1
- Can a Ltd by guarantee company distribute reserves 125 4
- Retrospective Partnership 81 2
- UK Audit Qualification Withdrawn 348 4
- Audit rules 545 9
- Is it worth upgrading from Excel 2007 to Excel 2013? 194 5
- Dissolutioin of business with £10k due to HMRC. should I be involved? 272 8
- How do I establish how Grant funding is treated as not taxable, under Corporation Tax? 121 3
- Company Car 231 6
- Betting duty problem 100 1
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 720 6
- CIS deductions under RTI 210 4
- Qtac payroll for bureau 456
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 387
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 281
- Tax on damages received 269
- Connected Businesses re Employment Allowance 182
- Software for Belgium Company 178
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 177
- AIA and common control 176
- overseas worker receiving a subsistence allowance 168
- Employment Allowance 161