The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 771 36
- New Boiler at Rental Property 211 3
- Ongoing trade? 211 4
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 35 1
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 92 2
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 715 19
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 129 3
- Tax Penalty overeaction 519 9
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 219 4
- Freelance software consultant 277 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 142 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 217 1
- opening balamces 343 11
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 288 4
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 105 2
- payroo 196 3
- Which P45 to Use 280 3
- Auto enrolment 1,594 25
- PCP Car purchase 159 2
- losses carried forward 301 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 486
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief 259
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 224
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 221