The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Dividend payment date 1,869 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,689 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 115 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 126 5
- Director hired as an individual 65 2
- Real names 522 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 92 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,278 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 84 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 194 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 178 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 114 1
- Who owns the data 218 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 154 5
- Sole Trader Fees 119 1
- Loan interest rental property 193 5
- Theatre as charitable company 47 1
- Peer to Peer lending 137 5
- What's the plural? 671 14
- Well well well 256 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 432
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 333
- IFA incorporation 311
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 296
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 251
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 239
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 231
- Sorry ignore me 225