The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Can I claim mileage? 85 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 172 9
- client threatening legal action 1,801 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 686 8
- Partially exempt? 241 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 91 1
- First VAT Visit for client 237 4
- Dividend in specie 231 7
- Lorry Drivers 142 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 117 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 106 1
- Mexican student in UK 121 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 199 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 303 12
- payroll software 141 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,056 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 118 1
- Pricing 335 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 253 5
- VAT 121 2
- Skandia using wrong address 490
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 279
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 227
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 218
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 218
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 215
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 161