The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Gross Profit Percentage 235 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 145 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 222 9
- How to Value a Business 479 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 141 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 549 13
- How much did you pay for your website 487 13
- Companies House 154 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 117 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 384 7
- Company Pension Contributions 265 6
- Expenses allowable 176 3
- Let Property Campaign 390 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 138 1
- Self employment trap - pension 349 3
- Awkward IP 617 9
- ESC A19 131 2
- When does my Property business start 273 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,542 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 872 19
- CTA study material 603
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 594
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 368
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 196
- AIM Stocks and IHT 178
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 137
- Expat pension contributions? 129
- Trust for Employee 126