The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 58 1
- How to pay national insurance 450 14
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 120 5
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 66 1
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 87 2
- HMRC Email 259 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,854 21
- Employment status 164 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 149 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 969 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 323 4
- Overlap relief 624 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 142 3
- Ex-gratia payments 192 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 533 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,793 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 186 2
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 252 12
- Government Gateway 1,075 17
- Intercompany advice 94 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 474
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 366
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 362
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 337
- Perkbox 303
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 288
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 263
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 257
- Document Management Systems 241
- WIP Software 223