The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 19 1
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 699 9
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 145 3
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 938 22
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,661 49
- Allocation of income from property 375 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 109 1
- bookkeeping system 305 5
- Outstanding Loans 84 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 175 5
- Business trips - director and family 117 1
- Company van paid by director 187 2
- Private company division 196 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 232 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 376 9
- US share sale - income or capital 99 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,423 12
- flat rate scheme 1,129 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 157 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 247 2