The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,048 29
- directors loan 257 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 378 14
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 819 27
- Director registration for SA question 264 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 217 3
- New Company reviews please 457 12
- Business only use of company car 605 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 338 4
- CIS not deducted 306 5
- Car Capital Contribution 183 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 203 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 84 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 356 8
- VAT with Russia 127 1
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 214 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,155 9
- CGT on Let Property 237 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 283
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 210
- Any thoughts on Capium? 200
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 178
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 147
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 146