The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Can an owner hold company money 302 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 293 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 214 6
- Class 2 NIC 263 5
- Probate services 427 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 382 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,704 37
- Vat payable on van 147 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 242 7
- Community Faux Pas 931 26
- Cash gift from India 139 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,310 40
- Windows10 191 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 625 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 475 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 238 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 393 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 872 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 797 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 305
- VAT 258
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 218
- Is the APN valid 196