The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- New business - journal entries 346 21
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 224 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 373 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 707 18
- B2B vat in the EU 164 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 100 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 188 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 210 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 176 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 170 3
- LLP as member of LLP 121 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,788 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 485 7
- Vat 289 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,291 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 201 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 185 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,506 18
- CT/CIS offset 159 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 838
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 397
- Social investment tax relief 213
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 168
- accounting for this transaction 165
- Travel costs and contractors 161
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 155