The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 609 5
- See you all on the other side 676 6
- 12Pay 440 2
- dividends 591 2
- R&D 308 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,168 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 435 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 394 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 367 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 636 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 499 4
- Companies house strike off 530 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 414 2
- Moving to the cloud 733 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 214 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 891 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 489 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 560
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 371
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 322
- USA help 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 288
- Marginal rates of tax 278
- Class 2 NI 266