The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 266 4
- The importance of Grammar 897 24
- New starter - tax code 176 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 113 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,684 60
- PI cover 97 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 122 2
- HMRC site down ? 158 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 138 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 200 3
- Xero Pain Points 255 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 92 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 117 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 158 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 379 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 222
- S222 Charge 202
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174