The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 129 10
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 237 5
- AIA 80 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 170 3
- Anyone else still working this week? 51 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,473 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 79 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 348 18
- Cocaine anyone? 790 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 347 7
- Benefit in Kind 402 9
- How much does the company pay 257 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 226 4
- Am I getting Soft?? 462 11
- Personal pension 496 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 653 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 171 2
- Help with CGT please 170 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,506 5
- Will I need to resign? 985 11
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 486
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 309
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 254
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 227
- The booking.com con 213
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 193