The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Commission on holiday accrual 62 1
- error on companies house accounts 111 4
- Newly Started Practice 180 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 157 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 182 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 188 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 87 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 93 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 347 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 226 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 168 2
- Generic Notification Notices 125 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 445 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 114 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 435 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 94 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 244 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 146 1
- fraud 416 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 241 3
- QROP pension input amounts 476
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 440
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 417
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 267
- EPS and CIS deductions 260
- Construction CIS LLP Company 247
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 214
- SAGE winforecast 180
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166