The Dreaded B&B - PPR?
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers re B&B clients. We have a couple of clients on the books who run B&B from the main home. They have no other property (at present).
The B&B is available 7 days a week, all year, except christmas. The client uses the guestrooms for family and personal use when vacant, but not to a massive degree.
My understanding of PPR is that only elements of the home used exclusively for business use are ineligible for relief (from date such use arose).
Is that as far as I need to go? The business parts of the house, as far as I am aware, are used to atleast some extent for private purposes and so not exclusively business.
Seems awfully simple. Any pointers?
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 141 2
- Any good members voluntary liquidators 36 2
- The new married allowance 106 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 668 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 848 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,711 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 104 8
- Er... 324 2
- Accountex flash mob 526 17
- Cash extraction pre-sale 200 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 309 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 127 5
- Child benefit 348 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 134 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 314 10
- IR 35 225 5
- Share disposal - help please 112 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 348 11
- Final accounts - procedure 352 6
- NIC question 124 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 657
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 342
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 311
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 297
- Sage Vat return box 2 207
- Digital marketing focus group 202