I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 113 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 178 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 240 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 358 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 306 9
- Merging my businesses 98 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,543 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,682 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 512 16
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 139 4
- VAT on commercial property 123 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,012 49
- deceased creditor 181 5
- Corporate member of LLP 274 1
- Investment company 265 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 333 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 214 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 368 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 105 1
- Transfer of stock 363 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 780
- RTI - duplicate employee record 532
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 306
- Sanzar 303
- Digital marketing focus group 283
- How do you do it 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 245
- Report old income 240