I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 665 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 164 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 26 1
- Intrastat triangulation 41 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,064 21
- CGT 131 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 168 4
- Question regarding gym training 342 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 134 3
- Not a good start no broadband 407 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,189 30
- CIS Deductions 223 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 125 2
- is this fraud? 635 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,359 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 414 8
- Property initial recognition 154 2
- P11D Dispensation 236 3
- CPD 133 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 437 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 574
- Cancelled 340
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 248
- Probiz 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 171
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 171
- Car leasing scheme 163
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150