I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Company assets 263 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 998 12
- Director resignation 695 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,762 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 89 1
- CIS Only Scheme 61 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 433 6
- No payroll scheme in place 331 1
- Xero Training 378 3
- SA Penalty 215 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 230 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 67 1
- The stupidity continues 2,793 103
- Company oversea and VAT 171 7
- Am I too soft? 1,063 14
- looking for a practice consultant 374 4
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 187 2
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 440 11
- Small Business Payroll 191 7
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 239 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 474
- Is there anything wrong with this? 274
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 263
- Uncommercial property business 235
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 202
- Registering online CWF1 179
- Accrued income scheme 176
- VAT - registration needed? 171
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 170