I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 505 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 215 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,853 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 108 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 599 12
- Freelance/Employee 403 10
- Freehold management company 149 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 242 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 234 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 130 1
- Director Liability 134 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 168 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 387 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 659 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 285 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 264 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,711 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 338
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 169