I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Wear & Tear Allowances 302 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,396 19
- That old chestnut 340 7
- Supply to Irish State Body 215 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 326 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 273 3
- Non controlling shares - how to set up 246 9
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 215 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 200 4
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 111 1
- Helping clients with bookkeeping but not a bookkeeper 723 18
- MAAT vs ACCA 1,954 35
- IR35 - relationship of WIP 661 6
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 210 3
- Tax relief for Director incurring business expenses on his credit card 202 2
- Repair or improvement? 428 7
- National Insurance. 151 1
- Trust tax return 171 1
- VAT on land sale 163 6
- Property Development 321 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 406
- CTA study material 359
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 268
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 250
- new capital structure ltd with investors 202
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 199
- Pre incorp expenses 197
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 180
- Slight twist on employment related securities 169
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 153