I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Self-assessment statistics 2,472 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 217 5
- Transmission of ISA 49 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 184 2
- Next Move 715 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 182 2
- Not renewing AAT 677 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 500 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,798 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 159 1
- Company car v company allowance 287 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 437 9
- Owning overseas property 349 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 280 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 735 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 284 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 208