I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Cash basis 13 1
- Partially exempt? 283 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 222 3
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,042 8
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 851 10
- Lorry Drivers 263 4
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 444 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 72 1
- Undeclared rental income 1,129 10
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 212 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 198 4
- Money laundering POCA 364 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 84 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 159 3
- client threatening legal action 2,010 29
- Incorporation Relief 177 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,032 187
- Can I claim mileage? 351 6
- limited company for IR35 182 1
- Ir35 test 162 2
- Skandia using wrong address 520
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 284
- Employee rewards 271
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 244
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 232
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 132