I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 842 5
- See you all on the other side 849 6
- 12Pay 611 2
- dividends 831 2
- R&D 381 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,255 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 504 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 502 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 472 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 610 5
- Seeking a tax case 733 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 589 4
- Companies house strike off 714 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 535 2
- Moving to the cloud 803 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 238 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 973 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 243 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,143 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 559 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 437
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 382
- Marginal rates of tax 379
- IRIS and FRS 102 371
- Class 2 NI 364
- Capitalising Finance Lease 352
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 320