I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 422 17
- Business only use of company car 628 25
- valuation of vehicles 332 15
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 222 4
- Money Laundering Manual 275 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 222 2
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 84 1
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 857 28
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,071 29
- directors loan 286 8
- Director registration for SA question 289 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 241 3
- New Company reviews please 478 12
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 352 4
- CIS not deducted 329 5
- Car Capital Contribution 184 2
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 107 2
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 363 8
- VAT with Russia 152 1
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 230 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 286
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 212
- Any thoughts on Capium? 206
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 180
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 171
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 148
- How to account for investment in JV? 147