I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 9 1
- Scottish Independance 24 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 220 1
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 292 7
- Interest relief before property is rented out 162 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 302 12
- Dress code 925 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,574 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 573 4
- Dividend 361 6
- FRS and Debtors 186 2
- What's in a name ? 573 6
- Helping out a friend 463 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 240 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 415 5
- ACCA practice certificates 362 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,295 36
- Umbrella Companies 271 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 182 2
- What would you do in this situation? 847 15
- CTA study material 739
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 308
- Employment related securities question 294
- AIM Stocks and IHT 268
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 224
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 120