I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 408 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 230 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 293 11
- Tax return software for remote working 452 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 478 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 783 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 404 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 437 9
- How to purchase business premises? 124 2
- Will I need to resign? 789 10
- Childcare vouchers 136 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 266 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 294 6
- VAT avoidance? 205 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 174 3
- PAYE coding out 164 3
- Follower cases 571 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 450 2
- Late Registration for VAT 448 12
- TheTax Donut 1,144 1
- Hive up 467
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 433
- corporate hierarchy 413
- Advice - 241
- Amortisation of Goodwill 211
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 199
- WWOOFers 193
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 173
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 172
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 168