I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 384 9
- Incorporation and goodwill 235 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 236 11
- It gets worse ! 124 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,730 57
- R&D claim 60 3
- indexation factors 87 3
- Fee protection 1,099 25
- Drector renting room to company 215 4
- Received a CIS invoice 276 9
- DLA interest query. 2,946 66
- VAT invoice 221 9
- claim fees with out without VAT? 154 3
- How to print invoice payment history Sage 50 Pro 54 2
- Accounting for software development costs 242 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 240 7
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 424 5
- Anyone done ATT? 252 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 83 1
- Bereavment payment 350 4
- Xtuple 575
- Qtac payroll for bureau 404
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 351
- Domain name sale and limited company 252
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 240
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 223
- Tax on damages received 203
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 199
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 163