I tried this afternoon to set up a second monitor to my laptop (having had the monitor in its box for the last few months). Although it is now set up and switched on, all I can get at the moment is the second screen showing the same window as my laptop screen. I want each monitor to show separate information.
Readers of my previous posts will know that I am not that technically minded when it comes to computers. However, I have got as far as the Display window in Control Panel and tried various things with the display settings; but to no avail.
I have also looked at various past posts (having done a Dual Monitors search) but that doesn't seem to help either.
Any ideas, anyone? My laptop runs Vista (I know, I know, I should upgrade to Windows 7).
Also, one of the past posts referred to UltraMon software for use with multiple monitors. I don't quite understand as I thought that Windows would do what needed to be done so as to display separate pages on each monitor.
- Another goodwill question ....... 200 2
- rti 166 5
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 180 6
- FIFA game and making money 1,712 15
- PAYE Refunds from HMRC 66 1
- Undeclared rental income 74 1
- Drop Down Boxes 74 1
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 358 7
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 235 4
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 738 21
- Drop box Storage 725 7
- Cash injection by shareholder 612 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,278 497
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 136 2
- Property management company Online returns 83 1
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 109 3
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 314 9
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,118 45
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 409 19
- Employing a carer 221 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,397
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 531
- National Insurance 436
- Non Resident 325
- Hands on experience of Digita 251
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 235
- Employer's Helpline 191
- CIS paid under reg 9 190
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 157
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 156