We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Resigning as only director 1,029 9
- What's the plural? 488 11
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 519 6
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,757 45
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 450 5
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 261 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,229 26
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 157 10
- Loan interest rental property 91 2
- Opinions and advice needed 117 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 59 1
- Accounting Crew 564 12
- Complete business outside UK 59 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 329 15
- Goodwill receipt 303 7
- Sage training course 275 8
- Self Employed travel 280 6
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 414 9
- hourly rate for employee compared with freelancer 213 3
- Overdue VAT returns 282 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 564
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 420
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 282
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 275
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 242
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 211
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 198