We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 140 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 109 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 238 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 59 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 247 2
- Wear and tear allowance 275 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 606 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 80 3
- tax insider 354 5
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 501 19
- Tax on sale of shares 65 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 213 2
- late payroll registration 78 1
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 470 18
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 49 2
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 190 7
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 252 4
- Breaking Up A Property Company 267 2
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 237 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 530 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,418
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 728
- Any views 664
- HMRC Employers Diary 496
- International interest certificate 412
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 370
- Sale of business 322
- NOVA 229
- Advertising services? 221
- IRIS Open Books problem 212