We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Xero - Should I partner with them 361 6
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 120 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 202 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 193 2
- Just for fun. 1,240 46
- Directors Share Purchase 327 14
- Xero Training 94 1
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 368 13
- Is interest still due? 315 8
- Dividend Waiver 141 3
- where do we send the request for a residence certificate 413 10
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 643 15
- Spam blocking 798 41
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 146 4
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 145 2
- What is IRIS World like? 97 2
- Claiming back VAT for property developing company 153 5
- AML checks 105 2
- Subject to tax and NIC? 279 8
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 467 3
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 396
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 372
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 348
- Perkbox 328
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 266
- WIP Software 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 192
- Nomisma feedback? 183
- No payroll scheme in place 182