We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 134 3
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 121 3
- error on companies house accounts 170 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 127 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 197 5
- Newly Started Practice 246 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 84 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 163 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 215 3
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 355 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 249 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 175 2
- Generic Notification Notices 136 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 454 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 442 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 101 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 251 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 152 1
- fraud 423 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 422
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 270
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 215
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166