We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Overdrawn DLA 82 6
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,995 30
- Companies House incorporation service 434 14
- CIS monthly declaration 96 7
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 45 1
- Self assesment losses 140 4
- Electronic v printed payslips 84 1
- Where to advertise for staff 169 5
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 862 36
- Personal investment trading company 58 1
- CIS schemes 253 1
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 89 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 105 2
- Excel formula 513 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 524 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 446 4
- overdrawn directors loan 158 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 295 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 151 2
- Fee protection 714 12
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 214
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 197
- Investment 197
- Tax on damages received 160
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 139