We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 676 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 480 2
- dividends 665 2
- R&D 337 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,201 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 449 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 435 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 388 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 661 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 520 4
- Companies house strike off 592 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 448 2
- Moving to the cloud 759 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 917 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,101 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 566
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 376
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 314
- Class 2 NI 300
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297