We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,251 23
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 52 1
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 573 10
- Agent online self service 602 14
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 347 7
- Accountant won't release working papers 3,018 54
- Are Property Design Exhibitions Claimable 105 2
- Not renewing AAT 755 9
- What's the best software for this? 438 4
- Email encryption 1,425 15
- Next Move 783 21
- Zoho Books 194 1
- Self-assessment statistics 2,517 59
- Transmission of ISA 174 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 246 2
- CGT of shares gifted 399 6
- New dividend taxation 596 3
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 200 1
- Company car v company allowance 342 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 454 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 675
- Property letting & CAs 408
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 351
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Costly Accounting Software contract 246
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- DTA tie-breaker issue 222
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 211