We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 160 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 314 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 62 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 289 7
- Family Partnership 292 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 191 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 195 6
- Business trips - director and family 424 3
- Signed accounts for bank 666 15
- flat rate scheme 2,383 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 171 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 329 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 198 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 96 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 865 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 212 5
- VAT Query on new build 128 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 123 1
- P11D Car Value 277 6
- NOVA declaration 114 1