We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- dreaded p11d dispensation 79 2
- Use of home for storage 363 7
- What should I do for 'free' 664 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 101 1
- Company Accounts 288 6
- Sportman claiming for training kit 26 1
- Accounting for share for share 26 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 162 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,436 349
- disclosue checklist 72 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 285 8
- Mortgage deposit Gift 533 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 55 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,449 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 217 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 218 2
- Current Asset Investment 155 4
- corp tax software 92 2
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 255 3
- 100% Xero practice 2,202 39
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193