We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Dispensation pointless ? 353 7
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 452 8
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 226 5
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 193 6
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 115 5
- r&d payable tax credits 26 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 344 3
- CIS gross status review 156 2
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 106 2
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 190 4
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 100 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,118 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 350 10
- Claiming pension relief 57 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 276 8
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 198 3
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 204 7
- Write off of former director's loan 389 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 252 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 219 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 778
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 493
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 305
- How to format a stock book 269
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 222
- Tax efficient holding company structure 211
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 203
- Investment property company accounts template 194
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 167