We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Profit split on buy-to let 222 4
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 838 21
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 76 1
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 227 1
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,272 19
- ATED-Related CGT returns 279 2
- Incorporation haulier 240 1
- Is this a scam? 1,092 19
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 228 19
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 133 3
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,077 29
- Sage at it again? 76 1
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 105 1
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 315 5
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 767 7
- ESC A19? 327 1
- break even point 431 13
- Setting up an offshore company 219 3
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 109 2
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 92 1
- Overseas Sales 519
- Benchmarking 455
- Possible Partnership? 396
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 389
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 360
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 300
- Wednesday rant 275
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 186
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 168
- Filing Corporation Tax Return for a company that only has investment income 164