We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 48 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,711 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 232 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 366 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 267 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 225 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 179 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 107 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 394 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 142 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,725 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 153 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,050 49
- deceased creditor 211 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 275 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 539
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 308
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 289
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260