We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Community awards 2014 - first category 185 7
- How a company director can keep paying £833 61 3
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 472 14
- Employee steeling client data 110 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,356 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 189 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 131 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 92 1
- CT600 274 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 211 4
- signature required 913 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 188 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 335 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 330 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 146 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 89 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 152 2
- Payment plans for clients 277 3
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 94 1
- Lease 148 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,307
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 548
- Credit where credit's due....... 339
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 261
- TheTax Donut 232
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 188
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 180
- Director's business mileage 151
- Sole trader CPD 145