We're preparing a series of e-brochures which will (hopefully) be of interest to the wider business community for an e-marketing campaign. For this we need e-mail lists of potential prospects, probably at least 10,000 of them just for starters.
What's the best way to go about this? I know you can buy e-mail lists from certain companies, but how do you know they are reputable? And how much should they cost? Obviously high net worth individuals would cost a fortune, but what about small businesses in a selected location, such as South London or Surrey?
We're thinking of just looking up them up on the internet ourselves searching by trade sector, and we have a couple of people with enough time to do it. Would that be better than buying them from a third party, or should we go to the "professionals" for warm leads? If so, any recommendations?
What about the legal side? Can you just e-mail anyone or do you have to check they are not on some anti-spam list (I believe this only applies to individuals)? And do you have to put an unsubscribe link on the e-mail? We would do this anyway but just want to check the legal position.
Would appreciate comments from anyone who's been down this road before.
- Auto-Enrolment 3,781 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 93 2
- Partially exempt? 193 6
- Vat 41 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 115 4
- Incorporation Relief 99 2
- First VAT Visit for client 93 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 807 17
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 225 11
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 566 6
- capital gains on PPR 1,428 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 298 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 230 14
- What type of Trust? 144 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 595 19
- Instant CPD offer 146 2
- Dividend in specie 146 2
- Investor exit 110 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 165 4
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 270
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 208
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 192
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155