E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 288 10
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 30 1
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 54 2
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 92 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 204 13
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 196 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,382 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 77 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 343 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 243 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,125 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 573 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 527 21
- Advice for new build property 110 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 290 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 289 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 231 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 152 1
- Sage Line 50 108 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,957 58
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 371
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 285
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 171
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 164
- AIA 159
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153