E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 357 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,173 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 135 4
- New Company reviews please 623 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,072 33
- Business only use of company car 744 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 391 8
- Gift to son by parents 157 1
- valuation of vehicles 490 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 285 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 173 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 404 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 462 4
- BTC is slow 308 3
- Director registration for SA question 531 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 467 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 518 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 526 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 365 4
- VAT with Russia 284 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 320
- Any thoughts on Capium? 259
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 258
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 248
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 227
- auto enrolment 200
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 186
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 172
- How to account for investment in JV? 165
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 158