E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- UK resident director of a non resident company 63 1
- 2020 Annual Conference 176 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,238 27
- VAT admin query 133 1
- Professional Clearance 1,237 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,473 14
- At what point is the sales? 70 1
- Past rental expenses 337 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 137 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,484 35
- Accountant let me down 656 6
- Client right to working papers 1,438 10
- Growth Street 189 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 262 9
- Microsoft One Drive 630 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 512 8
- Online Back Up 295 7
- Filing a company valuation with HMRC 135 1
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage Brokering 147 1
- Vat application refused 237 1
- NHS finance professionals 633
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 369
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 345
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 301
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 250
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209