E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,461 31
- Is this fraud? 282 5
- Saying goodbye 404 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 818 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 189 5
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 344 16
- Sportman claiming for training kit 991 11
- Flat rate scheme 162 3
- Drop box Storage 190 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 271 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,188 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 616 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 121 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 412 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 125 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 364 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 113 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 306 1
- Naming new company 200 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,270
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 266
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 259
- Franchise income and costs 238
- Hands on experience of Digita 193
- Employer's Helpline 144
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 138
- employment capital allowances 135