E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 118 3
- Clients 96 2
- error on companies house accounts 265 7
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,372 109
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 29 1
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 71 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 91 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 289 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 155 2
- Client's company struck off 672 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 109 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 202 3
- Newly Started Practice 335 7
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 167 4
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 153 3
- ACCA Accountants Report 152 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 212 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 107 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 173 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 253 3
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 272
- EPS and CIS deductions 264
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 218
- SAGE winforecast 184
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 171