E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 127 4
- Yorkshire Day 527 35
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,774 65
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 119 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 351 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 101 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 583 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 263 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 216 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 88 1
- inflation rate year on year 75 2
- Deleted question? 650 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 277 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 343 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 143 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 143 3
- Late annual return 199 2
- Flat rate VAT 370 8
- corporation tax 479 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,140 29
- Cancelled 457
- Cancelled 380
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 350
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 231
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 224
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 155