E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 94 4
- When does my Property business start 122 2
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,351 38
- Employment status 468 9
- Foreign Premium Distributions 150 1
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 775 15
- Company Pension Contributions 160 3
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 123 1
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 373 9
- Seafarers Earnings Deduction - how is Gibraltar treated? 185 5
- Preparing a consolidated TB 142 3
- How to Value a Business 395 7
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,110 19
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 120 2
- Fastest Software 526 7
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,575 68
- Vat threshold issues 1,441 12
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 782 19
- How much did you pay for your website 406 12
- Sage Payroll & NIC 343 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 585
- CTA study material 582
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 353
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 281
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 187
- ATED Penalties 182
- AIM Stocks and IHT 166
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119
- Trust for Employee 118