E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- You know its over 267 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 468 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 194 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 141 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 133 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 183 3
- Cocaine anyone? 471 8
- Late Registration for VAT 474 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 263 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 405 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 406 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 689 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 543 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 571 4
- Personal pension 395 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 219 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,208 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 909 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 153 3
- Hive up 487
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 451
- corporate hierarchy 431
- Advice - 269
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 220
- WWOOFers 215
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 204
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 192
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 171
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171