E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 342 6
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,457 12
- Output tax for retailer 213 5
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 338 7
- Formating cells in Excel 125 2
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 166 4
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 129 2
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 167 3
- Relocation expense claim 130 1
- ICAS GPPM 84 1
- Payroll 277 7
- Buying fees 712 5
- IHT Query 451 11
- Audit and paypal balances 187 7
- Missing C79 171 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 500 16
- VAT margin scheme 277 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 333 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,776 17
- Get it off your chest 283 4
- Possible Partnership? 562
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 558
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 485
- New Fangled Penalties 362
- Clubs and Taxable Income 297
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 281
- Loans to other companies 224
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 217
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 185
- Outsource Data Entry 183