E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Capital Gains Relief 47 2
- Companies House praise 195 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,983 14
- Advice on letting a client go ? 581 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,522 27
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 34 2
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 113 1
- calculate mortgage interest 308 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 705 26
- Directors NIC's 144 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 57 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 140 2
- Declaration of interest 183 7
- Do we have to register for VAT? 409 8
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 242 6
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 93 1
- White van man 833 27
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 144 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 151 4
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 104 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 872
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 568
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 466
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 335
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 219
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 162