E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Tick & Bash Bristol 338 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 236 12
- Client Death 212 2
- Coding notices post P11d 1,846 12
- Tax position re this lease? 190 3
- Fixed Assets 287 5
- Normal trading company or property management company for CT600? 141 1
- What are options for non CA firm 1,687 26
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 575 24
- Real names 1,177 35
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 89 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 157 2
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 264 8
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 191 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,945 35
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 225 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,391 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 720 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 254 7
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 156 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 585
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 340
- Sorry ignore me 328
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 282
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 277
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 265
- Cancelled 209
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 179