E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- can I claim a per diem 107 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 374 11
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 207 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 290 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 743 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 424 10
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 463 11
- SME Direct Debit 716 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,027 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 153 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 685 9
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 304 6
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 286 7
- r&d payable tax credits 63 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 439 3
- CIS gross status review 186 2
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 160 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,138 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 390 10
- Claiming pension relief 84 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 793
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 494
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 306
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 215
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 204
- Investment property company accounts template 195
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 169