E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- international employer please help!! 34 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 426 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 359 4
- When to include value of import in Box 7 70 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 167 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 313 7
- Capital gain? 91 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,257 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 275 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 352 8
- vat help for catering concession 280 10
- IHT dilemma 1,158 17
- Tax return software for remote working 235 3
- CGT 339 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 324 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 113 2
- Compliance check 519 13
- sole trader accountant 799 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 406 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 606 21
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,086
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 781
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 467
- Digita Hosted Software 282
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 229
- Credit where credit's due....... 226
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 209
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 190
- Director phone costs 154