E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 53 2
- Limited company buying director's car 248 10
- Limited company buying a car 60 2
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 36 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 74 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 37 1
- WC's and capital allowances 154 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 282 13
- Dress code 1,525 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 466 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 231 6
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 418 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 356 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 463 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 147 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 81 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 180 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 157 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,429 17
- Scottish Independance 773 23
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 383
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 252
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144