E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Companies House incorporation service 174 8
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 129 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,440 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 536 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 247 2
- How to opt out? 373 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 65 1
- utr 137 4
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 135 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 297 7
- P9D or P11D 711 7
- CT return error message 378 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,705 43
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 106 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 97 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 97 1
- Audit rules 373 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 293 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 831 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 192 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 277
- CIS schemes 212
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 172
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 172