E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Unwarranted VAT assessments 65 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 325 10
- micro entity balance sheet query 154 5
- Virtual Assistants 65 1
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 272 6
- Where has Portia gone? 3,618 93
- RTI Payroll ID 760 20
- Overlap profit 90 1
- Sole trader paying Class 1 NIC 97 1
- Stock of photos to capatilise 309 14
- Spousal transfer and PPR 788 34
- Rogue Accountant 3,591 57
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 96 2
- Practice management software 1,114 21
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 341 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 158 1
- VAT on a private sale? 195 5
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 254 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,245 24
- Payroll software 215 7
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 822
- Pensions Regulator 462
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 428
- Sanzar 328
- How do you do it 318
- Digital marketing focus group 307
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 279
- new investor structure 188
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 187
- Fit for purpose 182