E Mids lenders that understand what they're looking at
Has anyone come across a lender in the East Mids that can:
a - read what is actually on the paper they are given;
b - understand simple tax comps (SA302);
c - can deal with dividends being paid in a tax effective way, i.e. on the spouse's shares; and, maybe we're pushing it now
d - understand a balance sheet and P&L a/c.
A client has provided everything, jumped as high as asked and then the dim idiot given the papers has passed up the food chain figures after personal allowances, ignored the wife's dividends and taken fixed asset NBV as 'net assets'. To add insult to injury, said idiot was asked to call for clarification and when it was explained gave the affirmative when asked if she understood.
The client only wants an extra £30k secured on property with c£45k equity even now.
Of course, I have just received a call from the client who is unhappy with the resultant refusal - FYA(musement) - last year they were £5k income away from borrowing £300k, so the income figures aren't exactly pi$$ poor.
<rant bit> It would appear to me that the next financial meltdown will be around the corner, should imbeciles such as this example remain in employment with the banks. Perhaps the rules on sacking could be relaxed enough to allow instant dismissal of blatant dross.
- Tax Fines - HMRC 632 9
- Here we go.... 534 21
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 73 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 766 31
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 27 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 277 5
- trading losses allowable? 645 9
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 227 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 623 21
- Community Faux Pas 551 19
- Probate services 267 2
- Group relief for CT 100 2
- Practical experience 759 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,229 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,505 32
- Which VAT rate to use 109 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 306 13
- Post AAT? 567 2
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,968 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 320 5