Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,610 504
- Drop Down Boxes 213 3
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 986 30
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 124 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 567 8
- help needed with rti paye please 121 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 841 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 405 11
- Can't read my handwriting 798 19
- Undeclared rental income 399 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 328 7
- Sick pay 236 6
- Directors self assessment 162 2
- Employer's Helpline 217 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 113 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 190 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,765 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,090 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 142 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 320 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,411
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 540
- National Insurance 439
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 259
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 250
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 166
- Umbrella pay services 144
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 123
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121