Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Cash in Hand 173 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 193 5
- are receipts needed? 637 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 337 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 149 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 358 12
- Busines software 179 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 211 6
- Converting a barn for business use 190 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 320 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 327 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 496 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 336 3
- Bookkeping software 739 7
- Clogged Losses 290 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 285 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 671 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 282 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 138 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 523
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 336
- Management expenses for investment company 278
- Bonus Bonds 276
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 171
- EXACT ONLINE 169
- P11D benefit received by widow 167