Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 378 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 215 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 280 11
- Tax return software for remote working 426 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 439 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 767 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 385 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 427 9
- How to purchase business premises? 108 2
- Will I need to resign? 773 10
- Childcare vouchers 117 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 260 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 286 6
- VAT avoidance? 196 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 168 3
- PAYE coding out 155 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 446 12
- TheTax Donut 1,138 1
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 430
- corporate hierarchy 412
- Advice - 239
- Amortisation of Goodwill 209
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 190
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 170
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 166