Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Rental Income 199 2
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 68 6
- Share restructure 292 11
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 455 8
- Paperless office question 101 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 368 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 889 5
- Stock Valuation 119 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 460 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,887 30
- Corporation tax due and repayable 78 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 166 2
- Newsletter 215 4
- Business Challenges 492 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 410 10
- £2000 Employment Allowance 257 2
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 271 4
- dividends, shares, waivers 1,131 15
- Using a PO Box address 127 4
- Capital Gains Query 159 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 719
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 490
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 323
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 320
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 199
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 162
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 162