Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 572 5
- See you all on the other side 664 6
- 12Pay 423 2
- dividends 565 2
- R&D 301 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,154 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 430 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 386 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 354 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 530 5
- Seeking a tax case 623 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 482 4
- Companies house strike off 504 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 406 2
- Moving to the cloud 725 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 208 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 878 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 200 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,084 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 477 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 554
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 417
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 366
- IRIS and FRS 102 351
- Capitalising Finance Lease 316
- USA help 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 291
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 285
- Marginal rates of tax 261
- Capital gains on rental property 259