Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- NALS Accountants Report 84 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,455 35
- Legal title not in the company name 248 10
- Dividend dates 549 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 110 3
- Sole properietor 151 4
- transitioning payroll 221 8
- dividend proposals 85 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 219 2
- Deduction from Salary 282 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 177 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,709 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 80 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 431 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 155 2
- 12 Pay Problems 247 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 246 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 91 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 481 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175