Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 446 10
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,138 17
- Directors loan accounts 69 3
- New Practice 196 14
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 117 3
- HMRC 2009/10 Return 247 4
- BTC Software 34 1
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 799 28
- Goods Purchased for Rental 532 29
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 90 1
- Taxfiler V's BTC 625 23
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,994 25
- Valuation of business 310 5
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 162 7
- Dividend Payments 419 10
- I.d for vat registration 189 7
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 157 4
- builder's 'cost only' job 207 1
- Myfirmsapp 640 13
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 290 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,010
- International interest certificate 588
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 516
- NOVA 472
- Bonus Bonds 356
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 335
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 229
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 223
- Quickbooks 2015 152