Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,145 45
- dividend 126 10
- Error on SA Tax Return 94 2
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 93 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 244 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 150 3
- Irish Taxation 134 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 299 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 509 6
- Drector renting room to company 85 1
- Off site storage 145 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 592 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 243 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 348 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 230 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 321 4
- Self assesment losses 318 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 170 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 178 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 118 2
- Xtuple 563
- Qtac payroll for bureau 385
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 340
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 207
- Investment 204
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 179
- Tax on damages received 178
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 145