Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Split year treatment 40 2
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 53 2
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 762 20
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 298 8
- Window Comb Binder Cover 234 4
- Help - Capital Allowance 282 7
- client can't/won't pay 560 14
- Knuckle down one week to go! 188 6
- Self Ass. Return 60 1
- Depreciation 259 2
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 381 13
- What tax to pay 95 1
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 274 7
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 300 10
- AIA 269 6
- CURRENT VERSION OF p45 149 2
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 686 29
- Tax Penalty overeaction 644 11
- calculate mortgage interest 219 1
- Auto enrolment 1,669 27
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 802
- Copy Wanted 511
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 468
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 460
- Latest phishing scam 301
- Entrepreneurs' relief 288
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 282
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 261
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 250
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 249