Does anyone have any knowledge of typical P/E ratios currently being used in business earnings valuations? I know that business valuation is not a precise science(!), but I am trying to get an idea of the sort of earnings multipliers being used in disposal negotiations in the current market.
The particular business I am interested in, is privately owned, based in the North of England and operates in the construction industry. The shareholding in question is a minority holding, so it would also be very helpful if anyone has experience of typical P/E ratio discounts which might be applied for a minority shareholding.
I have commissioned and received a valuation of the shareholding, which has used one P/E ratio. However that P/E ratio differs wildly from the ratio being quoted by the 3rd party.
To reiterate, I know there is no right and wrong answer to this question, and any deal will only be done if the potential buyer and seller can agree a price for the shares. Nonetheless it would be very helpful to get some view on typical P/E ratios which might be applicable in the current market.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 152 3
- Cash basis 451 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 130 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 259 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 281 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 147 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 309 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,842 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 320 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 229 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 85 1
- Investor exit 188 3
- Partially exempt? 364 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 141 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 405 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,268 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 392 4
- Statutory sick pay 254 3
- Overseas bank interest 231 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 174 1
- Skandia using wrong address 560
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 301
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 221
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 126