EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 277 7
- Capital Gain? 419 11
- IHT Query 85 2
- Reversing out RTI 135 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 860 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 307 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 276 6
- BrightPay 620 18
- Classic cars investment 245 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 242 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 327 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 354 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 280 2
- H&W company 262 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 215 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 177 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 211 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 812 32
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190