EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Directors obligation to notify 32 1
- UK Accountancy Franchise 83 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 227 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 62 1
- Starting new accounting business 313 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 148 4
- error on companies house accounts 744 18
- RTI penalties 105 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 524 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 159 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 113 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 371 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 201 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 156 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 105 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 255 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 138 2
- Clients 684 14
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 301
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174