EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Recharge for private use of a company car 616 18
- Community awards 2014 - first category 226 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 349 18
- Payment plans for clients 300 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 132 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 492 14
- Employee steeling client data 159 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,380 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 197 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 139 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 95 1
- CT600 286 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 234 4
- signature required 926 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 220 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 353 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 193 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 97 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 165 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 113 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,314
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 862
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 562
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 240
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 196
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 189
- Director's business mileage 160
- Sole trader CPD 150