EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Money Laundering and handover 90 1
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 140 3
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 975 47
- New starter error how to correct 103 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 242 4
- Summer house for business only 225 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 194 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 156 4
- SA316s 252 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 117 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 131 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 598 13
- Filing amended tax return 138 1
- Tier One Tribunal 229 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 845 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 126 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 142 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 267 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 172 2
- Another transfer of property 164 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 600
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 297
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 269
- SA penalty proposals 260
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 238