EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Cash basis 753 28
- Please tell me what to do!! 145 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 112 4
- 5th April 120 3
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 251 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,964 32
- Investor exit 224 4
- client threatening legal action 2,271 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 101 2
- Cash basis 101 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 208 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 333 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,556 23
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 538 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 325 9
- Rental income 128 2
- s455 Directors loan 184 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 70 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,183 8
- Non resident capital gains 94 1
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 272
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 150
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 140
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132