EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Getting hassle from client 50 2
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 312 3
- Is paying for hotel for employee to work at office taxable? 95 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 291 11
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 239 7
- Rowing Machine - allowable company asset? 104 2
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 190 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 131 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 190 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 106 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 215 2
- CIS Software 131 1
- Company assets 373 16
- MoneySoft 192 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 112 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 666 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 149 2
- Self assessment 158 1
- Claiming VAT 153 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,139 15
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 506
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 483
- Is there anything wrong with this? 282
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 269
- Uncommercial property business 249
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 206
- Registering online CWF1 187
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 184
- VAT - registration needed? 184
- Accrued income scheme 183