EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 495 19
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,603 13
- Bereavment payment 103 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 103 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,120 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 276 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 351 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,298 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 155 2
- Companies House incorporation service 354 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 81 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 154 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 196 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 210 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 270 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 144 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 155 3
- Share Capital 137 2
- Trading income or not? 202 1
- Charge HMRC 432 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 320
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 295
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 189
- Investment 188
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 180