EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Strategic Report 64 1
- Director leaving in month 1 232 5
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 162 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 135 3
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 193 6
- Basic RTI - how to re-enter lost data? 76 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,382 22
- Secondment expenses 184 5
- VAT Option to tax 502 18
- Clarify the tax position 69 1
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 135 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 239 6
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 331 4
- CIS and Close Company 156 5
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 220 4
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 85 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 366 8
- Giving advice to friends / family 163 2
- Ex Gratia payments 130 2
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,215 27
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 917
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 416
- Director Loan account operation 409
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 357
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 324
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 225
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 199
- Pension Fixed Protection 164