EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 416 7
- HMRC filing meltdown? 821 26
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 109 4
- Designated sole Residence 61 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 229 9
- Anybody still doing returns? 528 21
- no utr 231 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,088 49
- Director drawings 579 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 259 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 60 1
- Capital Loss 86 3
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 653 14
- LLP formed in 2013 77 1
- Clothing 475 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 158 7
- Practice management 436 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 126 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,689 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,707 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 946
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 616
- Latest phishing scam 593
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 430
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 322
- Scratch Head 258
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 190