EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,176 44
- R&D tax claim 232 7
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 517 18
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 502 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 162 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 119 2
- Gift to employee 363 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 132 1
- Transfer of a business 120 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,124 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 407 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 110 2
- Sage Import Data 307 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 241 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 112 2
- Best time software for small practice? 224 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 317 13
- private to company car? 366 9
- Which address 1,021 11
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 272 5
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 475
- CTA study material 453
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 329
- Pre incorp expenses 308
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 265
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 253
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 203
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 155
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 138
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 133