EC VAT - reverse charge ?
its been a few years since I've been involved with sales to countries outside the UK so I hope anyone out there can tell me whether I'm on the right track please - as I'm finding the HMRC site info a bit, how shall we say, "rather testing"?
all our trade is usually within the uk but we recently did a one off "favour" for one of our business contacts which means we have to invoice their agent in Germany.
We agreed to supply labour (only) to help load (in the UK) equipment onto a tour truck (bound for the continent) - the equipment was not in any way owned or conected to us, we supplied the "muscle power" only.
from what I've gleaned we need to invoice the German tour agent (german Vat number supplied) for our services under the reverse charge mechanism for services supplied. - meaning that we don't charge VAT.
if this is correct, can anyone let me know how the items below are done.....
1) does this invoice need to be included on our UK vat return - if so, which boxes need to be populated..........
2) does it also need to be included on a ECSL - i'm confused as I've seen there is a form listed as "RCSL" (reverse charge sales list) ?
we use Sage 2009 professional- if thats of any relevance.
I'm sure you've been over this serveral times with other questions but I find the whole thing extremelt confusiong - and the info on the HMRC site is about as much help as a chocolate teapot !!!!
thanking you all for your time..........
- How much does the company pay 112 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 876 12
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 565 20
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,476 5
- Help with CGT please 98 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 136 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 315 6
- Benefit in Kind 318 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 327 17
- Will I need to resign? 953 11
- Cocaine anyone? 683 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 262 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 172 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 207 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 183 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 730 13
- Personal pension 459 9
- Business rates consultancy 279 4
- Wrong tax code 202 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 120 2
- Hive up 523
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 479
- corporate hierarchy 458
- Advice - 302
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 250
- WWOOFers 246
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 202
- The booking.com con 193
- Cocaine anyone? 176