Employed Individual has Mileage Claim
I have an individual who is in full time employment in the energy sector, is required to work from home. Uses his own vehicle to visit potential clients to sign up on energy contracts and is paid commission.
he receives car allowance from employer but not the re-imbursement of business miles. I know that he can claim the mileage allowance to do this does he have to register on self assessment and complete a tax return?
He has worked with this company for 4years, and has never claimed, how many years can you go back?
I appreciate any comments and your time especially in such busy period.
- Turnover on a tax return 66 4
- VAT refund 88 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 194 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 169 1
- incorrect old p60 359 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 250 3
- Missing tax return 356 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,087 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 177 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 215 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 831 24
- Micro-entity accounts 246 1
- Related party disclosure 215 3
- Company reconstruction 151 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 159 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 179 1
- Advice please! 425 2
- VAT on new builds 190 3