Employed Individual has Mileage Claim
I have an individual who is in full time employment in the energy sector, is required to work from home. Uses his own vehicle to visit potential clients to sign up on energy contracts and is paid commission.
he receives car allowance from employer but not the re-imbursement of business miles. I know that he can claim the mileage allowance to do this does he have to register on self assessment and complete a tax return?
He has worked with this company for 4years, and has never claimed, how many years can you go back?
I appreciate any comments and your time especially in such busy period.
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 221 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 232 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 588 12
- Personal Tax 487 11
- USA Tax Query 160 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 281 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 598 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 407 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 171 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 325 4
- last minute request 511 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46