employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Example accounts 45 1
- Director resignation 269 6
- Company asserts 123 1
- VAT on unused stock 82 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 146 4
- Can't find a good web address 194 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 193 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 208 5
- effective advertising 276 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 198 8
- Software recommendations 316 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 169 3
- Edible spam? 808 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 324 5
- Put fees on website 314 6
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,586 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,358 4
- Sigma Red 1,439 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 350 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 125 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 483
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 467
- WIP Software 339
- No payroll scheme in place 293
- Is there anything wrong with this? 260
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 256
- Small Part Disposal of Property 230
- Uncommercial property business 230
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 194
- SA Penalty 187