employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 51 4
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,332 36
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 47 1
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 323 7
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 249 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 254 1
- OneNote is fantastic 224 7
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 661 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,111 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 80 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 337 5
- PPR on a development? 230 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 357 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 904 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,796 15
- Cloud accounting package 199 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,026 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 519 15
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 205 3
- Next Move 420 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 397
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 374
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 226
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 206