employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 128 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 47 1
- Your comments please 155 4
- CGT history of shares 108 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 663 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 182 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 90 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 181 2
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 56 1
- Closing my business down 332 20
- Recording Calls 71 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 73 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,279 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,494 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 917 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 74 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 164 2
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 256 3
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 257 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 203 6
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 389
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 368
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 265
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 234
- Construction CIS LLP Company 218
- EPS and CIS deductions 210
- Out of time or not? 193