employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Xerocon 2016 938 19
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 72 4
- USA Tax Query 88 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,631 25
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 519 11
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 921 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 149 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 198 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 575 18
- Corrupt Excel File 668 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 335 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,954 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,166 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 280 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 370 7
- Personal Tax 415 10
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 132 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 234 4
- last minute request 457 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,239 46