employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 128 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 73 2
- flat rate scheme 2,316 47
- Signed accounts for bank 630 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 822 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 285 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 156 5
- VAT Query on new build 92 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 134 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 141 4
- Family Partnership 228 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 84 1
- P11D Car Value 253 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 703 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,501 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,224 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 288 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,103 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 183 1