employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- signature required 747 29
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 253 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 32 1
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 606 8
- When to leave the VAT FRS 115 6
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 975 17
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 201 2
- Employment Support Allowance fraud 237 5
- Direct debit entry query 60 2
- Use of home query 368 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 271 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 531 11
- CIS software 187 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 147 4
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,067 14
- Client handover 298 6
- format cell to exclude decimals 220 13
- Homing sandwiches 716 16
- Use of home Directors 118 1
- National insurance on an overseas employess 109 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,283
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 534
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 325
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 206
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 173
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154