employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,058 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 426 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 208 6
- VAT silly question 2,262 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 159 6
- Classic cars investment 150 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 240 3
- Cater Allen Commission 125 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 237 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 718 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 118 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 70 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 112 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 122 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 498 13
- Sage at it again? 366 5
- BrightPay 512 13
- Is this a scam? 1,601 27
- S455 460 21
- client issues 336 4
- Benchmarking 469
- Possible Partnership? 418
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 402
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 390
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 332
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 196
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 173
- Clubs and Taxable Income 171
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165