employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Cash in Hand 162 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 190 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 334 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 137 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 356 12
- Busines software 172 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 204 6
- Converting a barn for business use 189 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 318 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 323 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 492 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 330 3
- Bookkeping software 733 7
- Clogged Losses 284 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 279 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 666 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 278 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 132 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 373
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 329
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 273
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 186
- P11D benefit received by widow 166
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 163
- EXACT ONLINE 162