employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Flat Rate VAT 234 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 704 15
- Practice software 1,181 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 303 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 533 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 488 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 226 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 566 8
- Redundancy pay 317 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 232 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 261 5
- Servicing AE fees 178 2
- VAT Receipts 270 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 145 2
- P800 problems again 110 1
- Company accounts for £350 986 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 432 12
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,160 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 152 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 230 5
- FRS 101 Software 337
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 304
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 274
- French ConnectionUK 239
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 212
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 203
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 202
- APN's 185
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 183