employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- HMRC Post 127 2
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 85 1
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 185 4
- Freelance/Employee 525 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 166 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 440 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,829 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 313 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 159 3
- Employment Allowance 348 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,379 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 167 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 959 21
- Company Structure 278 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,110 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 60 1
- Accountant Specialization. 130 1
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 220 3
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 256 1
- Director Liability 247 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 365
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 277
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 170
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 161
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 157
- AIA 153