employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 26 3
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 860 27
- Cocaine anyone? 299 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 69 3
- How much of your work is admin? 1,155 10
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,485 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 292 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 486 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 263 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 345 11
- Tax return software for remote working 491 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 581 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 467 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 457 9
- How to purchase business premises? 190 2
- Will I need to resign? 857 10
- Childcare vouchers 206 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 283 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 303 6
- VAT avoidance? 251 4
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 252
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 188
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183