employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Managing Employee Expenses 81 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 714 22
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 617 21
- Charity work 84 4
- MAAT vs ACCA 320 6
- Company Director In Prison 136 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 82 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,504 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,527 55
- VAT registration? 131 1
- ec sales lists 146 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 133 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 141 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 86 4
- Small company audit 739 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 176 2
- Estate agents - shared commission 121 3
- VAT point on Consignment stock 63 1
- West Bromich Albion 442 4
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 123 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 465
- Cancelled 417
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 356
- Probiz 326
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 306
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 235
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 209
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 182