employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 106 2
- Hmrc software 188 3
- Mehjoo 251 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 185 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 90 1
- SA302 253 4
- Hosted email exchange 168 5
- South African Government Pension 176 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 152 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 262 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 292 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 233 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 142 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 271 7
- New Email Extensions 181 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 304 2
- Dental practice incorpration 146 1
- Audit rules 174 4
- Go Cardless 301 8
- business entertaining deductibility 175 1
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 342
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 289
- Industrial & Provident Societies 281
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 163
- CIS schemes 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 150
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 137