employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Overlap profit 143 2
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 108 10
- Where has Portia gone? 4,154 101
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 547 19
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 232 4
- RTI Payroll ID 868 21
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 180 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 512 9
- Computations in HMRC accounts software 89 2
- EIS 3 Processing Delays at HMRC 171 2
- Unwarranted VAT assessments 118 1
- micro entity balance sheet query 208 5
- Virtual Assistants 110 1
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 442 6
- Sole trader paying Class 1 NIC 139 1
- Stock of photos to capatilise 339 14
- Spousal transfer and PPR 816 34
- Rogue Accountant 3,661 57
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 120 2
- Practice management software 1,127 21
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 827
- Pensions Regulator 469
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 435
- Sanzar 331
- How do you do it 321
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 281
- new investor structure 192
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 190
- Fit for purpose 189