employed or SA
So I have a situation where a person was employed (a female/clamant) who then resided with the proprietor of a business. As they resided at the same address in addition to business relationships, they created a partnership for tax purposes, not that the actual partnership for tax purposes was formed!
They both completed tax returns and paid the relevant liabilities due; they both also paid the class 2 NI due. This went on for about 2 years.
The claimant is now claiming employment status, regardless of the fact of copies of SA 302 for 5 Apr 11/12 have been completed, and having paid class 2 NI. No other income can be confirmed by the claimant.
Do you know of a case that would support the fact that the claimant was self-employed rather than employed? Bearing in mind that they lived together during that period.
Other than the tax implications/fines as to not registering a partnership. I would assume that the claimant was self-employed.
Strange one I know, but guidance would be appreciated.
- Company name change question... 155 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,147 73
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 854 23
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 137 2
- Writing down allowance / AIA 156 6
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 52 1
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 431 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 260 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,311 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 165 5
- Consolidation IFRS 70 1
- White van man 437 20
- Worried over stock value 223 4
- foreign income 129 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 208 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 308 5
- STUDENT LOAN 113 1
- Bookkeeping question 604 6
- wave software 234 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 364 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 833
- Copy Wanted 556
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 512
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 491
- Latest phishing scam 352
- Entrepreneurs' relief 325
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 286
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 283
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 186