Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 172 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 189 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 357 8
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 146 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 146 3
- LLP as member of LLP 99 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,750 48
- B2B vat in the EU 143 3
- Coding Notice 166 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 459 7
- Vat 287 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,283 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 198 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 167 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,496 18
- CT/CIS offset 149 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 198 4
- Trade name 198 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 146 1
- New business - journal entries 331 20
- Auto enrolment excuses 826
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 394
- Social investment tax relief 210
- Digita Hosted Software 207
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 164
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 150
- accounting for this transaction 147