Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Comapny valuation qualifications 88 1
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 159 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,088 34
- Flat rate vat 181 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 177 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 76 1
- Coming in from the cold 339 3
- Splitting the tax year 164 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 201 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 170 4
- Submitting tax return 163 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 253 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 262 8
- Director's tax return 342 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 135 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 269 3
- Value pricing 738 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 255 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170