Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 437 13
- CIS not deducted 132 2
- Business only use of company car 453 17
- RTI Mess 413 7
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 231 4
- New Company reviews please 299 9
- Sage Accounts in a mess 415 8
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 970 7
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 854 23
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 390 6
- Tax efficient vehicle 584 11
- CGT on Let Property 170 3
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 337 6
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 445 13
- Another AE question 249 2
- FRSSE 2015 AND AMORTISATION OF GOODWILL 158 1
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 277 2
- Going through security 431 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 291 11
- Retail business software/accounting system 177 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 264
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 233
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 224
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 204
- Expenses Software 184
- Any thoughts on Capium? 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 172
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- cgt quoted shares losses 163
- auto enrolment 160