Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 61 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 121 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 57 3
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 58 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 120 3
- VAT Registration 316 5
- CIS and Close Company 37 1
- should Van be included in plant or motor vehicles? 60 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 216 6
- VAT Option to tax 424 14
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 112 3
- How far back can you get dates of property purchases 50 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,231 19
- husband and wife dividends 401 11
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 144 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 305 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 73 2
- LLP members share of profits 566 31
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 163 1
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 273 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 903
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 633
- Free Tax Legislation? 393
- Director Loan account operation 393
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 317
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 313
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 217
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 177