Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Anybody still doing returns? 726 31
- Clothing 516 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 143 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 163 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 83 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 345 16
- Designated sole Residence 142 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 719 15
- Anyone know what this is? 240 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 895 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 512 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 265 9
- no utr 291 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,123 49
- Director drawings 607 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 294 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 134 3
- LLP formed in 2013 104 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 206 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 676
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 622
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 325
- Scratch Head 265
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 255
- Sabbatical payments 218
- Negligible Value Claim 197