Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Is this dodgy? 267 10
- Directors loan balance write off in period 40 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 310 17
- Can I claim VAT back on accounting fees? 154 6
- The importance of Grammar 160 5
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 233 6
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 225 5
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 310 6
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 957 13
- Car or Van - BIK not VAT 455 14
- Sole Trader 167 3
- 2 businesses again. 1 with vat, one without 2,670 51
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 155 3
- Class 4 Losses 208 4
- Tax Codes and VAT 81 1
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 84 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 145 6
- How long should one give Aweb … 888 14
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 339 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,338 51
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 348
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 284
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 262
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 262
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 251
- Electric Car 206
- S222 Charge 194
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 182
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 180
- Freelance Accounting link 169