Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Matching of tax return to P60 72 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 89 3
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,023 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,204 53
- Related Parties Note 134 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 774 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 196 7
- what time is it ? 327 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 91 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 435 24
- VAT on disbursement 170 2
- tax credits 221 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,053 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 91 1
- LLP - Member leaving 203 6
- Year end 272 3
- Foreign income for self employed 177 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 320 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 338 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,171 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 922
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 532
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 338
- How to format a stock book 326
- Tax efficient holding company structure 261
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 252
- Investment property company accounts template 235
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 199
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 190
- Charge out rates in London? 160