Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- CIS Deductions 270 8
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 146 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 962 23
- sole trader to ltd company 108 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,091 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,114 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 309 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 246 7
- Dual taxation - usa 186 2
- My house has fallen down 468 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 109 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 286 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 256 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 113 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 121 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 567 8
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 288 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 208 2
- Property sale split between years 161 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 99 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 641
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 324
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- Using the correct forms 299
- SA penalty proposals 297
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 188