Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- calculation DTR restriction 107 2
- R&D tax credit claim 548 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 35 2
- Employee and subcontractor 123 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,744 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 143 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,075 66
- Incorporated when they should not have 336 10
- Accounts Software 254 10
- SMP reclaimable by employer 132 2
- Company Director In Prison 509 12
- Flat rate VAT 168 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,419 23
- Deduction from Salary 865 23
- National insurance contributions 126 1
- AWeb - download file 224 4
- Director Drawings 270 6
- Accountancy Career 375 5
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 161 1
- HMRC Agents Line 252 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 534
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 330
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206