Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Directors and unemployment benefit 42 4
- Director self assessment 20 2
- Which address 52 3
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 328 5
- That old chestnut 420 8
- What should the partnership dissolution look like, and what is accounting treatment for goodwill? 26 2
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 148 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 355 8
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 233 5
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 265 5
- MAAT vs ACCA 1,990 36
- at wits end 1,516 37
- And they want HMRC to take money from bank accounts! 822 17
- Helping clients with bookkeeping but not a bookkeeper 771 19
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,450 20
- Wear & Tear Allowances 324 7
- Supply to Irish State Body 226 2
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 344 3
- Non controlling shares - how to set up 255 9
- IR35 - relationship of WIP 682 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 408
- CTA study material 361
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 271
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 253
- new capital structure ltd with investors 205
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 201
- Pre incorp expenses 201
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 181
- Slight twist on employment related securities 174
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 157