Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- What do you all do in your spare time? 874 36
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 356 6
- A vote for labour is a vote for public sector uions and tories 67 5
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 391 10
- Closing my business down 153 7
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 35 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 139 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 166 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 227 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 618 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 239 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 193 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 140 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,252 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,473 21
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 303 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 99 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,114 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 430 6
- FPS or EPS 182 2
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 443
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 360
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 185