Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 389 6
- Signed accounts for bank 198 7
- What are my legal responsibilities 143 8
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 458 10
- Landing clients 355 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,130 22
- Termination Payment 143 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 160 3
- CRM / marketing 88 2
- Allocation of income from property 745 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,856 28
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 310 3
- Opening a Quick books file 91 1
- 64-8 problems 507 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 339 10
- Payment on account reminders 225 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 97 3
- Hello 512 4
- AIA/Capital Allowances 484 14
- Balancing charge 120 1