Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 82 1
- CIS and Xero 259 1
- Mortgage Reference 853 12
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 198 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 130 2
- property capital gains 399 4
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 85 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 122 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 284 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 873 9
- Tips on meals 560 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,333 15
- S.455 Tax again 452 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 194 3
- Closing down loss-making company 798 15
- Stumped - IHT 613 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 162 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 499 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 421 14
- co-operatives & Societies 135 1
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 981
- Members in Public Practice 595
- Oplex Careers CPD 364
- Payroll manager and the cloud 291
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 237
- Institute of Customer Services 235
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 224
- Continuity of Practice 206