Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 101 1
- Instant CPD offer 272 4
- Cash basis 503 13
- Income from rent charged to business 101 2
- payroll software 356 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 434 5
- Statutory sick pay 295 4
- Dividend in specie 361 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 215 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 172 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 144 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 268 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 293 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 163 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 371 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,853 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 328 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 252 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 103 1
- Investor exit 196 3
- Skandia using wrong address 566
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 287
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 244
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 226
- Etax Australian 185
- LLP in Construction Industry 151
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130