Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- How much does the company pay 474 17
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 13 1
- Consolidation Software 116 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 409 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 993 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,138 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 289 9
- VAT on Business Premises 44 1
- HMRC property income enquiry 260 6
- I have done a terrible thing 565 13
- LLp Profits 134 5
- two business from one premises 126 2
- AIA 238 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 332 20
- partnership tax return 153 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 180 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 103 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 302 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,178 27
- s455 tax 145 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 501
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 266
- WWOOFers 255
- The booking.com con 234
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- Cocaine anyone? 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 213
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174