Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- do i pay vat when buying a business 195 14
- Introduction of Goodwill 394 9
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 86 4
- are receipts needed? 354 12
- Professional Clearance 147 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 606 21
- New accountant 501 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 218 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,054 67
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 121 3
- Working out a daily rate 306 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 600 9
- Loss Relief 146 2
- Tax case reference request 228 3
- How to? 158 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 196 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,417 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 521 6
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 120 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 230 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,591
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 351
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 275
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 242
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 173