Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 370 5
- See you all on the other side 564 6
- 12Pay 279 2
- dividends 361 2
- R&D 217 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,084 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 365 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 275 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 239 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 464 5
- Seeking a tax case 511 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 370 4
- Companies house strike off 339 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 269 2
- Moving to the cloud 677 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 189 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 814 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 179 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,047 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 418 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 533
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 406
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 359
- IRIS and FRS 102 339
- Capitalising Finance Lease 303
- USA help 298
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 268
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 260
- Capital gains on rental property 243
- Sage Coretime 225