Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Company assets 219 4
- Debtor weighting by sales 55 1
- Director resignation 678 20
- The stupidity continues 2,774 103
- Company oversea and VAT 161 7
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 421 5
- Am I too soft? 1,038 14
- looking for a practice consultant 367 4
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 179 2
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 210 12
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 436 11
- Small Business Payroll 179 7
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 222 2
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 169 4
- CIS Contractor 114 2
- Relevant Life Insurance 179 4
- VAT on unused stock 218 2
- Bank stream and receipt bank advice... 205 2
- Payslip Count in Sage 50 Payroll 170 2
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,632 6
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 474
- No payroll scheme in place 318
- Is there anything wrong with this? 273
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 263
- Uncommercial property business 235
- SA Penalty 202
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 202
- Registering online CWF1 179
- Accrued income scheme 176