Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- CIS 187 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 117 6
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 153 12
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 127 6
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 631 18
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 323 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,473 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,873 356
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 145 3
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 179 9
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 386 11
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 328 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 353 8
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,160 21
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 344 4
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 197 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 166 4
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 148 2
- PAYE 121 1
- Mutual trading organisation paying tax for the first time 120 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,209
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 418
- National Insurance 322
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 245
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 234
- Franchise income and costs 215
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 213