Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Something for the weekend? 139 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 119 1
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,490 25
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 245 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,549 27
- Accounting for display stands 188 6
- AML reporting to NCA 145 3
- A Friday Funny. 210 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,443 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 401 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 285 4
- VAT training 173 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 338 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 177 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 366 9
- Companies House Search 243 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 550 14
- VAT on new build property 292 5
- Who gets the CGT deduction 187 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,814 15
- NHS finance professionals 696
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 427
- Foreign Pension Contribution 398
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 382
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 376
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 330
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 297
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 266
- IFA income recognition & reporting 222
- Incorporating doctors 215