Employee gifts - VAT & PAYE/NI
Hi, I'm looking for some help here please.
Company is looking at buying two gifts:
i) For an employee who is leaving.
ii) For a current employee (yet to be selected) based on a given task.
I believe the Co is able to claim the VAT on both (based on VAT Notice 700/07), but I'm not sure about the PAYE/NI implications of either.
I'd be really grateful on views on any of the above.
- Reimbursing director travel costs 399 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,971 45
- Love is in the air 288 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,671 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 375 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 494 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 232 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 646 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 342 7
- HMRC accounting 362 3
- Employers NI allowance 454 6
- Dividend taxation 284 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 275 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 184 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 204 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 453 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 287 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 275
- CGT for NOn UK residents 274
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 264
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 234
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 191