Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Time to ditch Sage? 230 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 365 12
- HMRC Post 517 7
- Transactions with directors 430 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 281 9
- Non VAT invoices 192 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 191 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,387 32
- Fees 237 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 254 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 222 2
- Form 17 Download 149 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 560 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 379 4
- HMRC Information notice 993 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 279 3
- Accountant Specialization. 392 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,776 42
- Sage Line 50 176 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 202 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 761
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 207
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178