Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Child tax credits 168 4
- transitioning payroll 76 2
- Deduction from Salary 81 4
- Car leasing scheme 204 1
- One off meeting new client 1,309 12
- 12 Pay Problems 136 2
- PITA client 522 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 440 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 584 15
- Right to waive dividend 99 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 103 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,427 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,731 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 135 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 347 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 670 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,271 20
- Deaf clients 650 6
- rental income since 2003 136 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 297
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 271
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 224
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162