Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Goods Purchased for Rental 118 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 278 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 444 10
- are receipts needed? 589 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 242 3
- Bookkeping software 697 7
- Clogged Losses 271 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 250 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 85 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 646 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 303 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 256 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 112 1
- General tax book with planning 245 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 182 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 197 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 212 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 389 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 517
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 315
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- EXACT ONLINE 150
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149