Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 381 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 217 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 280 11
- Tax return software for remote working 426 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 442 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 767 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 386 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 427 9
- How to purchase business premises? 109 2
- Will I need to resign? 774 10
- Childcare vouchers 117 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 260 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 286 6
- VAT avoidance? 196 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 168 3
- PAYE coding out 156 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 446 12
- TheTax Donut 1,138 1
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 430
- corporate hierarchy 412
- Advice - 239
- Amortisation of Goodwill 209
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 190
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 170
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 166