Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Auto enrolment 156 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 102 3
- Registration as self-employed 155 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,049 15
- Corporation Tax Software 405 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 88 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 673 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 100 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 156 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 110 4
- Regular Director bonus 453 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 153 1
- BrightPay 1,098 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 543 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 365 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,124 17
- BIK for an electric car 171 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,642 90
- How do I save face? 2,407 14
- Goodie bag 3,122 72
- Possible Partnership? 694
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 538
- Fuming! 519
- New Fangled Penalties 468
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 336
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 278
- Moving away from CCH software 267
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 259
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 208