Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- CGT history of shares 157 3
- CGT on sale of let property 72 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 127 2
- how do i get UTR 94 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 67 2
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 92 1
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 216 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 314 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 98 1
- Your comments please 286 6
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 305 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 173 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 100 2
- EIS 190 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 91 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 101 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 106 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 104 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 706 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 197 1
- Moving away from CCH software 963
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 374
- fraud 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 272
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 218
- Out of time or not? 202