Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 323 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 18 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 142 2
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 54 1
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 570 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 248 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 585 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 191 4
- Charge out rates in London? 186 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 87 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 144 3
- pre letting expenses 151 2
- Expat working back in UK 100 3
- Are contractor travel expenses 92 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 410 8
- Audit Exemption new rules 278 6
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 105 3
- change of paye software 509 13
- Which software for practice books? 477 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 249 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 742
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 477
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 291
- How to format a stock book 252
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 209
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 206
- Tax efficient holding company structure 194
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 180
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 163