Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Cloud-based email services? 22 1
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 447 10
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 1,388 12
- CisVerification as an agent 213 3
- Is the CT61 return dead? 463 7
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 457 5
- Dormant co. now trading 64 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 427 11
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 265 4
- Property letting & CAs 467 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,419 19
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 151 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 552 7
- Transmission of ISA 271 4
- Opt To Tax Refund 72 1
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 297 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 377 6
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 348 6
- backpack 432 4
- CIS 394 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 717
- 2015 tax year end 451
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 423
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 364
- Costly Accounting Software contract 329
- Directors' advances and credits 270
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 240
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204