Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 688 5
- See you all on the other side 727 6
- 12Pay 492 2
- dividends 683 2
- R&D 343 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,206 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 457 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 449 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 401 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 562 5
- Seeking a tax case 669 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 610 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 456 2
- Moving to the cloud 764 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 925 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 225 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,108 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 517 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 359
- Capitalising Finance Lease 337
- USA help 324
- Marginal rates of tax 323
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 321
- Class 2 NI 309
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 300