Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Capital Event? 96 4
- The stupidity continues 1,852 83
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 110 6
- CGT on transfer of property 195 14
- Transfer of property to director & shareholder 36 1
- Xero Training 323 2
- Do I need to make a P11D provision in Accs? 71 1
- Gift of asset between couple living as husband and wife 79 1
- 45p mileage - stupid question 178 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 364 4
- Cis refund for company 121 2
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,425 26
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 147 5
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 260 5
- Withdrawing company car 170 2
- What is IRIS World like? 456 11
- looking for a practice consultant 278 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 138 2
- AML report needed? 236 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 336 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 449
- WIP Software 313
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 249
- No payroll scheme in place 247
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 223
- Is there anything wrong with this? 219
- Small Part Disposal of Property 208
- Uncommercial property business 197