Employee litigation and restructuring costs deductible?
I have been researching this since morning, and I guess there is something wrong with my researching skills. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.
My company has recently incurred legal fees in relation to
1.employee restructuring, i.e. redundancy advice
2.individual employee litigations
Are these costs tax deductible for Corporation tax purposes?
Is there a HMRC manual number that I can refer to or a legislation reference please?
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 338 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,403 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 161 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 431 12
- Share premium or Directors Loan 732 30
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 107 3
- What would you do in this situation? 141 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 133 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 603 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 636 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 87 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 341 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 244 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 391 6
- NOVA 555 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 275 10
- Regional Development Grant 124 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,416 21
- Company car without a salary 233 2
- Bonus Bonds 391
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 378
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 289
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 258
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 187
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 179
- Finance Lease 157
- Company Car Lease 154
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132