So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- no utr 138 7
- Anybody still doing returns? 304 10
- LLP formed in 2013 35 1
- Tax Returns for non residents 120 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,047 47
- Capital Loss 28 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 66 2
- Clothing 453 11
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 197 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 135 7
- Practice management 424 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 107 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,666 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,693 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 226 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 305 13
- Why do I do this every year 578 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 736 24
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 346 5
- Self assesment online 1,076 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 941
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 658
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 609
- Latest phishing scam 589
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 426
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 319
- Scratch Head 254
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 208
- Negligible Value Claim 185