So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- Wrong tax code 105 5
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,024 31
- Am I getting Soft?? 174 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 617 11
- Deferred Tax 447 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 198 1
- You know its over 460 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 237 1
- Benefit in Kind 207 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 132 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 215 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,259 14
- Cocaine anyone? 592 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 131 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 177 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 298 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 485 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,300 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 266 13
- Hive up 504
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 472
- corporate hierarchy 448
- Advice - 286
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 232
- WWOOFers 227
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 214
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 165
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160