So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- Directors loan - no longer a director 273 3
- Budget 2015 predictions 89 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,893 32
- Telemarketing 91 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 418 10
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 88 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 114 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 106 1
- Husband Wife let property 78 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 74 1
- Gift between companies 102 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 113 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 446 6
- Why .... 693 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 934 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 540 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 431 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 272 6
- Relevant life plan 306 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 157 2
- Possible Partnership? 587
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 496
- New Fangled Penalties 400
- Clubs and Taxable Income 322
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 293
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 246
- Loans to other companies 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 208
- Outsource Data Entry 198
- Moving away from CCH software 195