So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- FHL - hedge purchase 103 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 527 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 267 3
- Fees 474 6
- HMRC Post 583 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 439 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 184 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 444 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 290 3
- www.pool.adzio 164 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 192 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,882 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 288 3
- Transactions with directors 483 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 314 9
- Non VAT invoices 251 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,438 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 281 5
- Form 17 Download 199 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 601 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 769
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 253
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 216
- IP trans to holding company 197
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 183