So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- CGT on 'listed co return of capital via B share' 45 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,018 14
- Investment property? 604 5
- PAYE 96 2
- Quote for client 312 8
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 255 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 102 2
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 198 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 47 1
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 82 1
- Investment Unrealised Gains Accounting Treatment 73 1
- Annual Report - How to? 82 1
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 290 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 270 10
- error on companies house accounts 911 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 199 3
- ATT Exam tips and study help 131 2
- Client's company struck off 1,877 21
- Refurbised Pub 189 4
- Directors obligation to notify 400 6
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 517
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 453
- EPS and CIS deductions 320
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 304
- Construction CIS LLP Company 295
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 279
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 228
- SAGE winforecast 217
- Overdrawn director account 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 200