So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- Elective DeductionsModel 35 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 173 1
- Rental Income 273 6
- Value pricing 135 6
- Payroll 2012/13 71 1
- I have a pain 645 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 55 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 141 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 718 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 101 3
- Cash flow 133 2
- New use of home - simplified method 200 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 256 5
- company secretarial software 94 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 352 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,933 32
- Share restructure 326 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 141 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,822 14
- P11d error 423 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 726
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 495
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 342
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 335
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Paye procedures for CVA 145