So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 9 1
- The stupidity continues 2,235 100
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 107 2
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 177 7
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 33 1
- Excel file Corrupted 104 3
- Benefit in kind but no salary 105 2
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 111 1
- Marketing and email surprises 489 10
- Cis refund for company 160 3
- 45p mileage - stupid question 373 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 136 1
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 204 8
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,476 27
- PRR and Letting relief 111 2
- Do I need to make a P11D provision in Accs? 156 2
- CGT on transfer of property 262 15
- Capital Event? 150 4
- Transfer of property to director & shareholder 97 1
- Xero Training 350 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 456
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- WIP Software 317
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 301
- No payroll scheme in place 255
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 250
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 232
- Is there anything wrong with this? 226
- Small Part Disposal of Property 209
- Uncommercial property business 202