So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- IHT and Swiss Property 101 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 754 30
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 171 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 121 7
- General tax book with planning 90 1
- Gift of property & improvements 74 1
- VAT Invoice 47 2
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 232 10
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 115 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 409 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 332 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 232 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 151 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 248 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 147 4
- SA302's anyone?? 515 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,621 41
- Renting for military reasons 170 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,560 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,042 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,616
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 896
- International interest certificate 508
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 288
- Management expenses for investment company 261
- Bonus Bonds 259
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 170
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147