So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,033 31
- Dress code 412 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 487 16
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 90 1
- Project being run jointly 198 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 304 4
- Companies House 595 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 128 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 340 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 729 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,436 25
- What would you do in this situation? 615 13
- Help Required 396 10
- directors control and tax problems 275 5
- Fastest Software 802 13
- What's in a name ? 373 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 289 4
- Bulk Invoicing 190 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 177 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 258 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 218
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 210
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 208
- Expat pension contributions? 195
- Trust for Employee 195
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 168