So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- Self employed travel expenses 105 2
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 11 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 359 4
- which software 351 3
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 346 18
- Audit exempt subsidiary 44 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 134 1
- Best apps for clients 252 4
- Tax position re this lease? 84 1
- VAT on Training Courses 111 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 566 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,775 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 264 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 122 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 213 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 428 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 183 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 457 13
- Real names 1,031 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 302 7
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 575
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 446
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 350
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 307
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 260
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 251
- Cancelled 195
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163