So employees will be able to enter into an agreement with their (corporate) employers to give up certain employment rights in exchange for a free issue of shares with a market value of £2,000 (see S.27 growth and Infrastructure Bill).
So how do they get valued? What happens if some smart arse later established that the value was incorrect and they were only worth £1,999? Agreement nul and void? Employee gets their rights back?
What about the tax consequences?
The employee is receiving money's worth taxable under S.62 and there's no exemption, but presumably the company gets a CT deduction.
Assuming the shares are an RCA, am I right in thinking that there's no PAYE or NI and it's just reported on from 42 and the employee's own Tax Return.
What happens if HMRC then dispute the valuation?
Is it possible to agree valuations with HMRC up front?
- Who owns SAGE Data? 463 9
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 191 1
- EC VAT 220 10
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 18 1
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 203 7
- Musician deductible expenses 80 1
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 392 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 89 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 572 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 86 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 277 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 139 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 532 11
- Flat rate vat error 334 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 534 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 291 14
- can I claim a per diem 274 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 142 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,385 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 251 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 844
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 509
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 322
- How to format a stock book 292
- Tax efficient holding company structure 234
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 230
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 214
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151