Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Managing Employee Expenses 99 5
- Company Director In Prison 176 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,048 25
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 255 3
- Charity work 102 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 722 22
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 639 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 330 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 92 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,523 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,532 55
- VAT registration? 134 1
- ec sales lists 147 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 134 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 145 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 95 4
- Small company audit 744 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 190 2
- Estate agents - shared commission 125 3
- VAT point on Consignment stock 69 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 469
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 356
- Probiz 327
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 309
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 182