Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- deleting customers on Sage 50 129 6
- Value-shifting 18 1
- Pattern for CTA 187 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 262 14
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 425 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 63 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 153 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 211 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 677 7
- EBT 165 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 149 8
- Giving a seminar 506 28
- Joint Filing Help 92 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 181 4
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,188 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 248 2
- Writing off bad debts 172 4
- Added years superannuation 47 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 99 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 344 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,199
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 403
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 158
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 157