Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 14 1
- Refusing to complete a tax return 123 5
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 371 12
- What sectors to target? 253 9
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 133 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 858 31
- IHT and cash gifts 151 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 693 32
- Practice management 198 3
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 360 1
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 425 4
- Flat Conversion Allowance 83 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 247 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 96 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 168 7
- Clothing 260 4
- VAT registration transfer 173 3
- Sponsorship & VAT 110 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 164 2
- Director drawings 451 31
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 910
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 619
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 583
- Latest phishing scam 545
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 383
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 285
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 206
- Capital allowances in first basis period 194
- Sabbatical payments 182
- Negligible Value Claim 159