Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 725 5
- See you all on the other side 739 6
- 12Pay 509 2
- dividends 711 2
- R&D 357 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,217 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 474 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 463 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 416 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 573 5
- Seeking a tax case 678 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 539 4
- Companies house strike off 637 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 475 2
- Moving to the cloud 777 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 225 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 939 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 232 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,113 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 530 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 574
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 428
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 362
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 342
- Marginal rates of tax 331
- USA help 327
- Class 2 NI 321
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 305