Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- 100% Xero practice 2,116 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 106 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 858 18
- Company Accounts 121 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,194 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 180 6
- Donations (to a school!) 428 11
- Vat on Royalites 82 1
- Umbrella Company 143 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 429 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 80 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 156 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 429 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 170 3
- property rental income split 255 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 138 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 99 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,269 5
- Use of home for storage 334 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 236
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 160