Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 163 2
- Companies House incorporation service 197 8
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,470 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 540 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 251 2
- How to opt out? 379 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 68 1
- utr 142 4
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 138 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 302 7
- P9D or P11D 718 7
- CT return error message 380 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,706 43
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 106 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 100 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 97 1
- Audit rules 376 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 294 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 836 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 193 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 277
- CIS schemes 213
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 172
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 172