Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 277 5
- Director's tax return 350 8
- Comapny valuation qualifications 93 1
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 159 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,090 34
- Flat rate vat 187 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 178 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 81 1
- Coming in from the cold 342 3
- Splitting the tax year 165 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 203 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 170 4
- Submitting tax return 174 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 264 8
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 137 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Value pricing 740 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 258 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 257
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170