Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 52 1
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 298 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 178 3
- looking for a practice consultant 150 2
- The stupidity continues 1,437 73
- Withdrawing company car 113 1
- AML report needed? 181 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 231 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 86 1
- transactions after account have been closed 314 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 81 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 394 9
- Marketing and email surprises 452 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 769 26
- What is IRIS World like? 414 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 331 5
- Mlom bollocks 270 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 117 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 599 11
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 446
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 295
- No payroll scheme in place 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 237
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 218
- Is there anything wrong with this? 212
- Small Part Disposal of Property 203
- Uncommercial property business 190