Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Am I getting Soft?? 48 6
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 462 14
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 77 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,280 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,249 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 985 29
- You know its over 402 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 524 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 256 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 205 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 195 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 313 3
- Cocaine anyone? 552 8
- Late Registration for VAT 505 13
- EIS/SEIS 167 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 290 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 439 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 746 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 581 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 606 4
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 283
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 185