Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Your fondest calculator memories 976 39
- Sale of an investment between group companies 125 5
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 358 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 931 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,932 27
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 133 5
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 321 13
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 303 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 41 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 254 6
- private to company car? 296 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 865 13
- Question re Career choice... 1,391 9
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 232 7
- Which address 833 10
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 216 6
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 338 6
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 343 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 472 13
- Capital or revenue expense? 191 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 462
- CTA study material 442
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 313
- Pre incorp expenses 292
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 253
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 244
- Slight twist on employment related securities 221
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 206
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 194
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 134