Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 638 23
- Myfirmsapp 585 13
- Valuation of business 237 4
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 91 4
- Goods Purchased for Rental 319 7
- Dividend Payments 335 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 36 2
- I.d for vat registration 95 6
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 265 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 137 3
- CIS Deductions 86 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,628 40
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 105 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 466 17
- Legal Counsel PC costs 56 1
- High Income Child Benefit 113 2
- Fees for sale 352 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,609 24
- Share premium or Directors Loan 651 28
- Taxfiler V's BTC 486 18
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,007
- International interest certificate 586
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 506
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 354
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 327
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 255
- Payment for Promotional Samples 225
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 221
- Quickbooks 2015 145