Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Corporation tax due date confusion 23 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 155 5
- Accountants' Error 700 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 149 3
- Scoot 184 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 153 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 205 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,454 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 111 1
- Regaining my qualification 206 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 238 2
- Auto enrolment 196 3
- Shareholder agreement 174 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 197 3
- Company Reorganisation 167 3
- Employee Loan 211 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 467 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 597 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,453
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 767
- Any views 699
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 426
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 390
- Sale of business 356
- NOVA 261
- Advertising services? 257
- IRIS Open Books problem 250