Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Expense management software 652 13
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 999 28
- Cater Allen Commission 21 1
- Unregistered tax driver 186 5
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 746 30
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 569 16
- S455 428 20
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 86 2
- EIS Relief 143 1
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 150 1
- Gift or Capital Gain? 162 4
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 63 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 194 6
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 407 8
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 239 3
- Is this a scam? 1,408 25
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 225 5
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 159 4
- Wednesday rant 331 1
- RTI - new employee 80 1
- Benchmarking 462
- Possible Partnership? 408
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 397
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 378
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 319
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 191
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 172
- Income tax on foreign dividends 166
- Agent Registration - How Long? 164
- Clubs and Taxable Income 163