Engagement Letter: Bookkeeper or end client?
Whilst I am comfortable in preparing and issuing engagement letters to 'normal' clients that contact my small practice directly, I now have a quick query regarding the role of the bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper (MAAT) contacted me with a view to me taking their bookkeeping data and preparing LTD Accounts, CT600 and SA100 for their client.
The bookkeeper has requested that all documentation go through her as she does not particularly want the client to be aware that she is outsourcing the year end work, and wants to add a mark-up to our fee etc.
My question is will I (ICAEW practice) still have to issue an engagement letter to the end client company, or can I instead form a contractual agreement/engagement letter with solely the bookkeeper? My initial instincts tell me that I will need to send an engagement letter (along with the normal identity checks) to the end company. Presumably, even if the engagement letter can be addressed/signed by solely the bookkeeper, identity checks on the end company would still need to be performed for ML purposes?
I am sure that this is a common occurance for many here, and am wondering what their views are?
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 228 1
- will this work for IHT 248 2
- Best software for small practice? 633 20
- Paid too much !! 237 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,740 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 249 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 79 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 188 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 480 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 109 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 89 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 90 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 475 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 748 11
- Sports Sponsorship 140 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 258 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 213 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 242 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,325 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,271 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 766
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 454
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 274
- DTA tie-breaker issue 262
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 246
- CGT for NOn UK residents 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 202
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181
- Just checking re PSA 175