Enhancement Expenditure and rollover relief

My client has recently sold a farm and purchased another.  I am claiming partial rollover relief but to decide how much the rolled over gain is I need to know if I can claim the expenses that he paid out renovating barns etc, or are the expenses that can be claimed only cost of purchase and sale?