Entrepreners Relief linked disposal to trigger
Mrs A owns comany B and asset C which is used by B Ltd.
She is contacting to sell asset C and half of the undertaking of B limited.
She will then continue to operate the remaining undertaking of B Limited.
Sale proceeds from the part share of B limiteds undertaking are not material, but the proceeds for asset C are, and we wish to secure entrepreners relief.
We can only obtain entrepreners relief if there s a linked disposal if shares in B Limited.
Choices seem to be:
1 - transfer the retained undertakings of B limited to NewCo, and close B down. Trade via NewCo.
2 - Mrs A sells shares in B Limited to a holding company HoldCo, and continues to trade B Limited with an indirect shareholding.
2 is infinitely more preferable as it avoids the hassle factor of closing B Limited down.
However, to me it seems to easy!
- CIS gross status review 148 2
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 98 4
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 148 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 77 2
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 186 4
- Dispensation pointless ? 335 6
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 80 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,113 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 341 10
- Claiming pension relief 50 1
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 201 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 264 8
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 317 2
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 180 3
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 203 7
- Write off of former director's loan 383 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 246 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 216 13
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 262 4
- SME Direct Debit 694 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 776
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 493
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 305
- How to format a stock book 269
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 221
- Tax efficient holding company structure 210
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 203
- Investment property company accounts template 193
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 167