ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 740 19
- How much did you pay for your website 363 12
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 303 8
- Fastest Software 474 6
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 749 14
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 59 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 325 7
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,279 32
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 218 1
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,307 6
- Time recording software 271 3
- Vat threshold issues 1,294 11
- Importing data into CCH AP 74 1
- Self employment trap - pension 246 2
- Mixed partnerships - new rules 239 3
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 1,087 12
- Would this fall into IR35 200 3
- ECSL 201 3
- Company Pension Contributions 105 1
- Let Property Campaign 328 5
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 583
- CTA study material 580
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 347
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 276
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 185
- ATED Penalties 180
- AIM Stocks and IHT 166
- Foreign Premium Distributions 138
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119