ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 322 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 59 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 313 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 139 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 204 4
- Rental property company 104 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 295 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 251 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 382 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 153 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 190 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 146 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 488 5
- Director's tax return 399 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,133 34
- Flat rate vat 236 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 194 5
- Coming in from the cold 388 3
- Splitting the tax year 190 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 816
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 434
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 269
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 255
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 175