ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- Directors liability insurance and scope 32 2
- backpack 52 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 55 1
- FCA regulated company in a small group 363 1
- Are you going to Xerocon? 1,107 27
- Questions from Liquidator 2,182 23
- Really?! 299 4
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 338 7
- Is the CT61 return dead? 125 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 796 10
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 996 14
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 534 8
- SSP and Contractual Sick Pay Query 356 9
- Commercial Premises Purchase using Company Profits 491 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 372 4
- Property letting & CAs 439 1
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 553 18
- Viewing folder contens en masse 289 7
- HMRC time to pay and bailiff letters 494 6
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 515 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 696
- 2015 tax year end 423
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 403
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 336
- Costly Accounting Software contract 281
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 247
- Directors' advances and credits 235
- DTA tie-breaker issue 233
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 216
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 196