ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 164 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,150 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,832 60
- Legal title not in the company name 795 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 343 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 313 8
- Opening Balances 207 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 589 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 115 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 93 1
- This is getting boring 621 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 267 7
- pension paid by company? 123 3
- inheritance tax 426 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 230 4
- State pension 304 3
- Accountancy Career 148 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 641
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 338
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224