ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 309 8
- PITA ex-client 24 1
- Audit 364 10
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 806 21
- Scottish Independance 855 24
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 39 1
- Funding Circle experience 40 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 684 20
- Awkward IP 1,474 16
- New supplier 76 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 48 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 210 12
- Buying a horse?? 283 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 205 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,116 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 971 11
- What's in a name ? 1,141 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 222 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 503 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 795 22
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 439
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 212
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154