ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 136 3
- PAYE versus Dividends 159 3
- Employee or partner 24 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 188 5
- The Cotter Case 186 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 125 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 144 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 69 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 940 16
- Sole Trader business 154 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 147 1
- Giving a seminar 685 36
- Tax position on lease extension 180 1
- Boffin of the Year 306 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 223 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 239 4
- Sage Depreciation 85 1
- Non sequitur 255 2
- Am i Liable? 884 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,308
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 642
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 426
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 334
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 263
- Alphabet shares 221
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 209
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 155