ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 163 2
- Newly Started Practice 399 8
- Property income 100 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 90 3
- error on companies house accounts 344 9
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 199 5
- Home to Office 110 3
- Clients 226 4
- Commission on holiday accrual 138 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 182 4
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,430 111
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 102 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 136 3
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 58 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 104 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 307 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 162 2
- Client's company struck off 696 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 122 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 217 3
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 451
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 273
- EPS and CIS deductions 267
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 219
- SAGE winforecast 186
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 175
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174