ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- IHT Query 435 11
- Audit and paypal balances 172 7
- Missing C79 150 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 483 16
- VAT margin scheme 264 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 297 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,727 17
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 95 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 123 2
- Get it off your chest 246 4
- Directors bonus 151 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 105 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 283 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 255 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 171 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- The return 794 27
- Sell business after leaving country 333 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 94 2
- Charity accounting 90 2
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 292
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 274
- Loans to other companies 219
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 212
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 178
- Outsource Data Entry 176