ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 210 4
- Auto-Enrolment 4,309 190
- Rental income 204 3
- Cash basis 181 6
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 648 27
- Cash basis 829 29
- NIC thresholds - two employments 2,010 34
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 371 12
- Please tell me what to do!! 504 13
- VAT on exports to EU 115 5
- 5th April 410 16
- s455 Directors loan 269 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 244 11
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 296 2
- Investor exit 262 4
- client threatening legal action 2,345 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 163 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 264 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 363 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,617 23
- Skandia using wrong address 620
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 331
- Employee rewards 311
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 276
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 241
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 167
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 160
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 149
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 143