ESC A19 - Again
New client issued with P800's for 2007/08 and 2008/09 in October 2010 showing cumulative underpaid tax of approx £5,000. Client changed jobs during those tax year and BR tax code caused the liability as client is higher rate taxpayer.
Surely HMRC have failed to use the P45, P14 and P35 information in a timely manner as the P800's were issued more than 12 months after the end of the tax years?
HMRC disagree of course saying they "we have no record of receiving any information about your tax affairs whihc may have led to you not paying enough tax" - therefore what is the point of employers submitting P14's and P35's? Surely this is the information HMRC need?
Also if HMRC are unwilling to give up tax should the employer be culpable as they did not ask the taxpayer to complete a form P46 in the absence of P45?
Why is a taxpayer liable when HMRC do not use end of year PAYE information in a timely manner and employers fail in their duty to submit P46's.
HMRC have now issued tax returns to be completed for 2007/08 and 2008/09 - does this change any ESC A19 claim?
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 96 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 150 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 426 22
- What are options for non CA firm 1,527 18
- Tick & Bash Bristol 195 4
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 86 1
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 40 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 77 1
- Tax position re this lease? 128 2
- VAT on Training Courses 128 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 129 2
- Self employed travel expenses 144 3
- which software 378 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 57 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 390 4
- Audit exempt subsidiary 86 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 142 1
- Best apps for clients 278 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 601 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,852 16
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 448
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 314
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 269
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 262
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163