Estate Agent commission charged to Swiss customer
My client, an estate agent based in UK has just sold a property and has earned a six figure commission. The customer (who will pay the commission) is based in Switzerland, which I believe is not in the EU.
Should UK vat be charged by my client?
My thoughts are that no Vat is chargeable. But would be grateful for confirmation.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 341
- Set up a company pension 279
- RTI Fees 264
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 240
- Where's our 10%? 238
- Driving sales growth 207
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 203
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 199
- CIS late registration 194
- Regiatration of a Trust 193
- EIS 193
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 184
- Break up basis accounting 178
- Best structure 173
- Accounts production software for business SSC 166
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 149
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 144