Estate Agent commission charged to Swiss customer
My client, an estate agent based in UK has just sold a property and has earned a six figure commission. The customer (who will pay the commission) is based in Switzerland, which I believe is not in the EU.
Should UK vat be charged by my client?
My thoughts are that no Vat is chargeable. But would be grateful for confirmation.
- VAT on new builds 59 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 62 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 616 14
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,734 26
- Missing tax return 71 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 889 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 261 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 134 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 525 18
- Physiotherapy 213 3
- Inflation and fees 1,171 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 127 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 257 8
- CGT help please 118 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 329 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 101 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 157 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 286 1
- Community Interest Company 134 3
- Redundancy Pay 421 5