If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- Option to tax: effect on VAT 47 1
- What are options for non CA firm 2,045 39
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 352 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,716 26
- Errors in prior year accounts 902 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 583 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 638 6
- Unallocated client money 446 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,023 41
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,473 26
- Expenses Apps 264 5
- VAT & capitalising 168 3
- Final year's accounts 193 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 397 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 335 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 300 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 172 2
- Invoice Help 271 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 219 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 282 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 287
- Cancelled 247
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 194
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 179
- What's the market like for temps? 169