If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- Accountancy Career 325 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,697 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 90 1
- Accounts Software 153 5
- HMRC Agents Line 211 4
- calculation DTR restriction 89 1
- Company Director In Prison 459 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 82 1
- AWeb - download file 178 3
- Charity work 246 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 263 6
- Director Drawings 180 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 272 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 237 7
- Collection or business assets 117 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 275 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 109 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,677 70
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 681
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203