If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- Busines software 71 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 139 5
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 284 4
- Buy to let and capitak gain 97 2
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 284 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 452 10
- are receipts needed? 593 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 257 3
- Bookkeping software 702 7
- Clogged Losses 273 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 251 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 647 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 306 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 256 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 116 1
- General tax book with planning 250 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 189 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 199 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 213 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 518
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- EXACT ONLINE 151
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149