If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 504 19
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,605 13
- Bereavment payment 109 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 106 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,124 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 277 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 356 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,299 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 160 2
- Companies House incorporation service 356 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 84 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 158 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 200 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 217 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 276 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 148 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 158 3
- Share Capital 140 2
- Trading income or not? 205 1
- Charge HMRC 438 3
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 191
- Investment 188
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 180