If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 348 8
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 341 8
- BrightPay 650 21
- SDLT on leases 120 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 356 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 911 26
- Gift or Capital Gain? 342 10
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 282 4
- Abolish the penalty regime 110 3
- IHT Query 151 3
- Statutary sick pay 193 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 276 4
- Director Salary 357 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 301 7
- Capital Gain? 430 11
- Reversing out RTI 203 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 308 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 284 6
- Classic cars investment 250 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 392 7
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 422
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 365
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 218
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 215
- Clubs and Taxable Income 209
- Income tax on foreign dividends 197
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 192
- New Fangled Penalties 170