If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 332 3
- iris update 11.9.2 420 7
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 116 1
- HMRC Discovery powers 208 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 624 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 127 2
- Paying Son 426 15
- Employers NI allowance 322 3
- Which time limits apply? 377 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 380 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 163 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 290 3
- Just checking re PSA 246 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 327 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,509 7
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,540 19
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 333 2
- Friday Question 595 7
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 437 8
- Independent Examination work programme 169 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 494
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 264
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 257
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 246
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 232
- Apprenticeship Levy 228
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 220
- Capital Gains personal representatives 207
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 193