If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 498 6
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 110 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 299 5
- US Sales Tax 105 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 359 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 193 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 109 1
- Group Relief 121 4
- R&D Credits 96 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 236 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 98 2
- Clients 669 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 280 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 121 3
- Starting new accounting business 280 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 456 10
- Sage Payroll 112 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 109 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 427 8
- Tolley UK sales number 212 7
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 439
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 241
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 194
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182