If a company has produced an event in Italy and part of the cost for an event is the hire of the venue - restraunt/gallery etc.
From my recollection the equivalent VAT shoyuld be charged as the normal rules do not apply to land.
Is this still the case? Or should they not be charged the VAT in the first place.
If VAT is charged, can this be claimed back on the ec vat refund claim or does it fall outside of this and you can not have the vat back on venue hire?
If you can point me in the right direction or have the answer that would be great.
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 321 8
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 94 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief 819 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 203 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 370 8
- how to object to registered company name... 165 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 469 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 359 5
- VAT QUESTION 294 3
- Property income in different capacities 173 3
- More AE! 684 15
- Charity Grant accounting 59 1
- Money Soft payroll 543 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 209 2
- Change of payroll software 417 10
- Director phone costs 278 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 360 8
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 212 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 151 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 52 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,183
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 801
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 324
- Credit where credit's due....... 281
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 167
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 145
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 132
- Small Business Rates 128