European charity - relief for donation?
Since 2010 the definition of charity has been expanded to include certain European charities. I specifically wanted to know whether a UK individual could claim higher rate relief on a donation to the Uffizi in Florence. Leanne at the charity helpline (084530202033) told me that only 6 European charities had subscribed to HMRC's
scheme ( the participating charities have to meet the revenue's criteria for acceptance). She would not identify those charities which do qualify as, "this information is not in the public domain" She suggested I contact the overseas charity directly.
Shouldn't this information be in the public domain? Can anybody point me towards the Uffizi's position ?
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 421 20
- trading losses allowable? 741 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 753 12
- Post AAT? 642 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 76 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 867 36
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 48 1
- Probate services 348 6
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 189 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,614 37
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 269 7
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,491 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 116 3
- Sage accounts help 99 1
- Community Faux Pas 817 25
- AAT before CIMA? 126 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 454 9
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 100 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 175 6
- Here we go.... 872 25