European charity - relief for donation?
Since 2010 the definition of charity has been expanded to include certain European charities. I specifically wanted to know whether a UK individual could claim higher rate relief on a donation to the Uffizi in Florence. Leanne at the charity helpline (084530202033) told me that only 6 European charities had subscribed to HMRC's
scheme ( the participating charities have to meet the revenue's criteria for acceptance). She would not identify those charities which do qualify as, "this information is not in the public domain" She suggested I contact the overseas charity directly.
Shouldn't this information be in the public domain? Can anybody point me towards the Uffizi's position ?
- Deferring dividends on paper 17 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 125 4
- Family Partnership 202 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 31 1
- P11D Car Value 226 6
- Signed accounts for bank 594 12
- NOVA declaration 83 1
- Business valuation advice 694 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,456 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,208 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 246 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,087 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 136 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 370 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 777 11
- flat rate scheme 2,257 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 422 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 313 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 224 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 205 2