Excel help - sort dropdown list in pivot table
I have a pivot table in Excel 2003, which contains a dropdown list in the table header that is based on a column of dates.
If the underlying table of dates is first populated out of order then the drop down list is presented in the order in which data is physically entered, which is not desired, rather than (preferred) in date order. Subsequently re-sorting the underlying data table by date does not alter the sort order in the drop down list in the Pivot table.
I already have a little event-driven VBA routine which causes the Pivot table to auto-refresh whenever I activate the worksheet containing the Pivot table. It would be helpful to include in that routine some code that causes the dropdown list to be sorted. Any takers?
In fact, if that is possible, I would really want it sorted in reverse date order (latest date at the top of the drop down list).
While on the subject, could someone tell me whether later versions of Excel auto-sort these fields (and whether you can reverse sort them without resorting to VBA?)
With kind regards
- Business lending another business money (UK) 137 4
- Termination Payment 273 8
- Signed accounts for bank 361 8
- flat rate scheme 2,114 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 58 1
- Landing clients 495 16
- Opening a Quick books file 173 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 474 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 254 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 229 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 242 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 243 1
- Confict of Interest 342 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 268 4
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 350 5
- P11d query 285 5
- Rental expenses 126 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 162 5
- No more tax returns... 1,566 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 436 6