Excel help - sort dropdown list in pivot table
I have a pivot table in Excel 2003, which contains a dropdown list in the table header that is based on a column of dates.
If the underlying table of dates is first populated out of order then the drop down list is presented in the order in which data is physically entered, which is not desired, rather than (preferred) in date order. Subsequently re-sorting the underlying data table by date does not alter the sort order in the drop down list in the Pivot table.
I already have a little event-driven VBA routine which causes the Pivot table to auto-refresh whenever I activate the worksheet containing the Pivot table. It would be helpful to include in that routine some code that causes the dropdown list to be sorted. Any takers?
In fact, if that is possible, I would really want it sorted in reverse date order (latest date at the top of the drop down list).
While on the subject, could someone tell me whether later versions of Excel auto-sort these fields (and whether you can reverse sort them without resorting to VBA?)
With kind regards
- Personal Tax 190 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,863 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 239 2
- Xerocon 2016 811 12
- Mortgage Reference 167 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 153 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,177 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 432 9
- VAT 307 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 217 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 181 1
- last minute request 285 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 80 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 84 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 460 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 124 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 276 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 669 6