Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Setting up a practice 168 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 625 17
- Stamp Duty 281 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 220 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,766 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 457 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 167 1
- Love is in the air 416 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 251 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,010 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 329 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 550 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 563 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 329 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 347 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 381 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 433 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 451 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 280 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 526 1
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 193