Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 190 5
- IFA incorporation problems 128 1
- Director's loan account in credit 163 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 656 23
- Excel Help - Check box and hiding cells 286 3
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,353 17
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 259 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 305 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 149 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 152 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 213 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,263 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 144 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 130 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 399 7
- Wear and tear allowance 471 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 205 6
- Residency test 205 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 262 3
- VAT Turnover 166 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 703
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 694
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 372
- Social investment tax relief 190
- Call Centre Data Costs 181
- Digita Hosted Software 181
- option to tax 165
- VAT on deposits 155
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 140
- Travel costs and contractors 136