Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Rental Income 226 3
- convert directors loan account to share capital 64 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,915 32
- Share restructure 317 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 131 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,716 14
- P11d error 410 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 139 1
- New use of home - simplified method 116 1
- Associated companies 90 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 252 12
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 487 8
- Paperless office question 164 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 399 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 929 5
- Stock Valuation 128 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 474 14
- Corporation tax due and repayable 100 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 169 2
- Newsletter 222 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 493
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 332
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 328
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 205
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 176
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 170