Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 191 3
- Sage payroll alternatives 423 5
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 220 2
- Compliance check 571 16
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,358 22
- Capital gain? 183 4
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 123 3
- international employer please help!! 102 2
- accounting for this transaction 345 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 374 5
- Tax Avoidance 218 1
- When to include value of import in Box 7 92 2
- sole trader accountant 879 15
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 464 10
- CGT 174 2
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 187 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 348 7
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 297 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 369 8
- vat help for catering concession 292 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,094
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 784
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 470
- Digita Hosted Software 283
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 233
- Credit where credit's due....... 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 212
- Director phone costs 159
- RTI overpayments gap 153