Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 44 1
- ICAS GPPM 77 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 116 2
- Payroll 241 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 443 11
- Audit and paypal balances 178 7
- Missing C79 158 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 489 16
- VAT margin scheme 273 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 307 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,732 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 133 2
- Get it off your chest 253 4
- Directors bonus 157 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 112 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 285 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 278 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 183 3
- break even point 1,123 33
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 554
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 356
- Clubs and Taxable Income 294
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 279
- Loans to other companies 222
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 214
- Outsource Data Entry 182
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 180