Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- foreign income 148 3
- blank - ignore 385 5
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 129 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 81 3
- Non resident income. 354 18
- White van man 777 26
- Should i tell HMRC 1,209 12
- How to value a business asset? 99 4
- Companies House praise 163 1
- EIS reinvestment relief 159 12
- Do we have to register for VAT? 341 6
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 534 18
- Unbelievable!! 644 4
- Identity check problem 1,097 11
- Declaration of interest 115 3
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 331 16
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,834 13
- Entrepreneurs relief 109 1
- FRSEE Related Party Disclosure 83 1
- dividend versus capital distribution 164 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 868
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 565
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 531
- Latest phishing scam 453
- Entrepreneurs' relief 405
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 354
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 332
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 314
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 236
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 214