Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,631 74
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 727 16
- Can't read my handwriting 596 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,858 487
- Employing a carer 102 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 180 11
- Fees for Property Tax Return 511 16
- PRR 438 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 195 13
- Corp Tax Refund 152 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 360 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 269 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 68 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 209 1
- Audit partner? 258 6
- Losses on FHL Property 110 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 270 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 176 1
- corp tax software 990 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 319 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,371
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 516
- National Insurance 406
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 240
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 219
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 180
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 147
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 143