Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- What are options for non CA firm 2,812 60
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 126 3
- Legal title not in the company name 779 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 325 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 299 8
- Opening Balances 189 2
- 27,000 Really? 1,107 34
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 571 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 52 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 78 1
- This is getting boring 606 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 249 7
- pension paid by company? 107 3
- inheritance tax 412 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 343 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 226 4
- State pension 300 3
- Accountancy Career 136 1
- CIC Company 656 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,822 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 335
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 308
- Probiz 303
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 265
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223