Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 277 14
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 657 12
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 62 2
- Personal pension 430 9
- Business rates consultancy 255 4
- Wrong tax code 143 6
- Benefit in Kind 234 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 66 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 243 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,050 31
- Deferred Tax 461 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 202 1
- You know its over 477 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 141 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 223 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,268 14
- Cocaine anyone? 615 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 143 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- Hive up 508
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 450
- Advice - 290
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 235
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 162