Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Non VAT invoices 141 3
- Time to ditch Sage? 154 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 246 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 138 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 275 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,361 32
- Fees 165 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 240 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 195 2
- Form 17 Download 109 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 541 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 986 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 268 3
- Accountant Specialization. 375 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,753 42
- Sage Line 50 172 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 187 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 452 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 395 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 244
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 204
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 183
- AIA 178
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177