Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,007 18
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 365 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 107 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 186 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 59 1
- FPS or EPS 121 2
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 242 3
- Continuity of Practice 175 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 117 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 304 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,195 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 241 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 150 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 291 10
- Online Downtime 334 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 324 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 790 31
- Personal allowance 672 15
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 445 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- Moving away from CCH software 946
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 378
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 353
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 321
- fraud 280
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 193