Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 283 3
- A Friday Funny. 289 5
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 217 2
- Something for the weekend? 223 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 542 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,240 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,533 26
- Coming out of flat rate 149 1
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,590 27
- Accounting for display stands 218 6
- AML reporting to NCA 156 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,479 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 413 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 308 4
- VAT training 226 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 349 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 198 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 383 9
- Companies House Search 282 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 558 14
- NHS finance professionals 704
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 401
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 381
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 333
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 299
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 275
- IFA income recognition & reporting 223
- Incorporating doctors 217