Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 232 10
- Companies House 200 3
- Gross Profit Percentage 269 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 155 1
- How to Value a Business 482 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 154 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 562 13
- How much did you pay for your website 502 13
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 126 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 389 7
- Company Pension Contributions 275 6
- Expenses allowable 193 3
- Let Property Campaign 394 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 145 1
- Self employment trap - pension 355 3
- Awkward IP 623 9
- ESC A19 139 2
- When does my Property business start 279 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,543 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 881 19
- CTA study material 604
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 598
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 369
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 139
- Expat pension contributions? 130
- Trust for Employee 126