Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Starting Again 163 4
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 692 35
- P11D Software 767 9
- Mortgage Adviser's request 211 6
- CGT on spouse's death 137 5
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 189 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 245 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 375 10
- Tax relief for networking day out? 400 8
- Payroll software 176 4
- Company UTR numbers 295 6
- Summer house for business only 101 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 100 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 561 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 139 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 136 3
- How do you count your clients 407 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 154 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 114 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 471 9
- Construction CIS LLP Company 592
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 280
- Government Gateway - VAT 276
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 245
- RTI - duplicate employee record 237
- Accelerated payment notices 228