Excel help - urgent - pleeease NEW query on this
I'm really stuck on this, and my laptop doesn't seem to be doing what Excel help pages on the web said it should be???
Anyway, 3 columns below - D, E, and F
Orig spreadsheet just had Issue Date and Response Deadline. I have been asked to make Response Deadline turn the cell Red or Green depending on whether the date in Response Deadline is more than 10 days after Issue Date, ie day 11 onwards is Red. So, I added the middle column which calculates the number of days between the issue date and the response (received!!). I am going to 'hide' the middle column when it's done. I have tried everything I can to make the cells in column F turn Red or Green but I don't seem to be getting a proper menu for my conditional formatting. I have Windows 7 (which is awful). I get given a set of pre-written options when I click on Conditional Formatting.
I've been asked to do this as a favour for someone who is under the kosh and needs it by 5.30pm tonight. Editt: tomorrow am now!
I've been playing around with it and think I know what's needed. Can I do a formula that calculated the number of days from the Issue Date to 'Today'? If so, I can amend my columns and do conditional formatting for the result of that new formula.
Can anyone help me please???
|Issue Date||Response Deadline|
- Real names 1,095 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 479 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 85 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,363 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 651 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 224 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 65 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 123 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 275 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,569 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,955 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,936 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 76 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 115 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 162 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 106 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 87 1
- Tax position re this lease? 162 2
- VAT on Training Courses 141 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 141 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 274
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 267
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 258
- Cancelled 200
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 170