Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- format cell to exclude decimals 63 6
- Settlement discount 208 6
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 170 3
- Entrepreeur's relief 34 1
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 56 1
- IT advisory questions? 310 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,578 21
- experian and credit agencies 78 1
- Homing sandwiches 572 13
- Limited company to community interest company 64 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 486 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 211 5
- Error in audited accounts 245 3
- CIS software 134 3
- Pratice Management Software 218 3
- Use of home query 204 2
- signature required 606 22
- Vat registration exception 217 3
- CT600 164 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 228 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,263
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 837
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 530
- Digita Hosted Software 347
- Credit where credit's due....... 324
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 191
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 169
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167