Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Fee base v staff ratio 109 2
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 266 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 185 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 35 1
- Investor exit 164 3
- Partially exempt? 344 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 79 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 356 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,121 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 349 4
- Cash basis 372 10
- Statutory sick pay 214 3
- Overseas bank interest 206 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 144 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 348 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 206 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 304 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,934 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,380 12
- Lorry Drivers 397 5
- Skandia using wrong address 549
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 296
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 292
- Employee rewards 281
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 258
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 143