Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 304 1
- Sage 50 accounts 70 3
- Where has Portia gone? 5,669 118
- Do accountants work at home? 93 2
- Abbreviated accounts Companies House 47 1
- Keeping disastrous accounts 516 6
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 469 12
- Help 426 13
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 677 5
- Is a new PAYE scheme needed for incorporated business? 96 3
- P11D Expenses Claims 98 1
- Lost "thanks" 175 2
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 369 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 844 14
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 174 3
- Stock of photos to capatilise 449 18
- Anyone used the firm 'More Clients 4 U? 276 6
- Practice management software 1,177 22
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 201 2
- On the high seas 205 3