Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Recommendations for online payroll software 165 1
- . 130 1
- Accountant Specialization. 230 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 196 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 148 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 152 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 427 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 70 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 585 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 669 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 108 2
- Freelance/Employee 625 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 169 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 315 6
- Is it just me ... 258 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 279 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 111 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 335 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 217 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,515 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 352
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 170
- AIA 164
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 155