Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 2,635 54
- Personal Allowance for non residents 365 9
- Vat 84 3
- PAYE 100 3
- xerocon 71 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,098 10
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 156 1
- VAT: option to tax 113 2
- IHT dilemma 300 11
- Share Valuation 66 2
- Dormant company or not? 318 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 96 1
- Best form of debt recovery 169 3
- Backdating VAT claim 54 1
- WIP recognition for builders 377 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 311 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 194 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 122 2
- Share Issue 220 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 152 11
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 656
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 521
- Auto enrolment excuses 502
- Removed post 371
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 348
- Social investment tax relief 162
- Call Centre Data Costs 156
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 155
- Digita Hosted Software 140
- option to tax 127