Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 289 4
- Closing my business down 81 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 847 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 290 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 108 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 590 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,242 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,468 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 193 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 114 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 293 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 91 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,095 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 417 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 156 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 225 3
- FPS or EPS 173 2
- Continuity of Practice 224 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 147 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 286
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 261
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 214
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 182