Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 464 17
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 51 2
- Will I need to resign? 71 1
- Paper tax return 85 3
- Start up allowance? 336 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,331 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 227 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 160 1
- AIA or IFA 425 7
- Surely not? 422 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 625 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 356 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 348 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 170 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 261 5
- Nominal Ledger 343 10
- Share structures 140 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,150 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 340 5