Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 759 5
- See you all on the other side 771 6
- 12Pay 548 2
- dividends 760 2
- R&D 369 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,234 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 481 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 484 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 440 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 584 5
- Seeking a tax case 695 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 557 4
- Companies house strike off 672 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 500 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 953 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 236 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,129 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 581
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 433
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 369
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 365
- Marginal rates of tax 358
- Capitalising Finance Lease 348
- Class 2 NI 341
- USA help 330
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 314