Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- 64-8 problems 233 4
- flat rate scheme 1,697 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 827 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 286 9
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 87 1
- Allocation of income from property 499 14
- Unpaid share capital 167 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 109 1
- Private company division 247 3
- VAT Refunds 124 2
- Company van paid by director 282 3
- Hello 284 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,797 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 195 4
- Employer reference not recognised? 180 2
- Business trips - director and family 296 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 458 10
- Networking 767 6
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 178 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,155 22