Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 66 4
- Company Director In Prison 90 2
- MAAT vs ACCA 303 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,472 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,510 55
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 594 20
- VAT registration? 129 1
- ec sales lists 139 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 129 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 136 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 79 4
- Small company audit 720 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 161 2
- Estate agents - shared commission 118 3
- VAT point on Consignment stock 58 1
- Charity work 48 1
- West Bromich Albion 435 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 711 21
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 119 3
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 602 15
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 457
- Cancelled 417
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 356
- Probiz 324
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 306
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 235
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 209
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 181