Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Late VAT registration penalty 123 4
- Auto-Enrolment 3,230 159
- How to consolidate an LLP? 210 7
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 110 4
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 176 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 53 1
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 516 2
- Research expenses for authors 194 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 74 2
- HMRC website 103 1
- VAT 66 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 374 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 122 1
- Pricing 237 8
- Sage error message 70 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 211 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 245 3
- Money laundering POCA 227 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 115 1
- P11d mistake 137 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 502
- Skandia using wrong address 451
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 153