Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Scanners 106 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 147 5
- IHT dilemma 1,356 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 171 1
- IT advisory questions? 139 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 782 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 95 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 397 8
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 500 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 452 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 614 12
- More AE! 646 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 121 4
- PAYE 1,620 17
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,112 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 120 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 119 3
- Invoice dispute 602 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 278 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 425 9
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,147
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 792
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 481
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 261
- Director phone costs 222
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 222
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 194
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 179
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147