Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Spousal transfer and PPR 624 25
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 527 16
- recompense capital input 120 5
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 63 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 710 19
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 86 1
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 409 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,207 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 112 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 179 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 207 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 216 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 977 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 184 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 244 5
- Merging my businesses 223 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 483 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 374 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 334 1
- Holiday entitlement 592 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 795
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 323
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183