Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- NED remuneration for a Swiss national 88 3
- PAYE Desktop viewer and/or Moneysoft 13 1
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 405 8
- effective advertising 339 7
- Multiple director loans (Full amount or pro rated) 67 1
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,451 5
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 314 7
- Company asserts 177 3
- Can't find a good web address 260 4
- Bank stream and receipt bank advice... 116 1
- Example accounts 151 1
- Director resignation 348 6
- VAT on unused stock 123 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 166 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 200 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 216 5
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 202 8
- Software recommendations 326 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 183 3
- Edible spam? 846 16
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 485
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 470
- WIP Software 341
- No payroll scheme in place 297
- Is there anything wrong with this? 261
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 257
- Small Part Disposal of Property 234
- Uncommercial property business 231
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 195
- SA Penalty 190