Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,594 71
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 190 4
- Providing registered office address to clients 138 2
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 132 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 766 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 413 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,457 47
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 478 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 144 3
- What would you do in this situation? 236 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 160 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 630 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 660 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 122 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 358 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 258 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 225 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 430 6
- NOVA 560 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 292 10
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 387
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 300
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 263
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 198
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 191
- Company Car Lease 170
- Finance Lease 161
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 135