Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Double entry 194 6
- Annual Report - How to? 356 12
- FBI2 207 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 194 3
- Companies House 166 4
- Interprise software 87 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 510 19
- Charity accounting 264 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 115 1
- sage 120 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 156 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,062 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 219 4
- Small house in garden 158 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 178 2
- Clients 926 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 296 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 155 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 286 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 541
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 303
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 298
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 220
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 202