Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 254 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,023 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 256 7
- Sage data 92 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 416 9
- Limited company buying a car 354 6
- Funding Circle experience 132 3
- Excel query 95 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,273 13
- Payment on account penalties 106 3
- Tax on free shares 127 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 201 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 122 1
- Audit 482 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 123 3
- Buying a horse?? 422 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 192 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 771 21
- PITA ex-client 268 9
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 365 9
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 494
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 457
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 277
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 227
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160