Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 194 1
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,440 39
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 99 2
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 221 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,224 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 356 6
- Go Cardless 375 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 315 3
- Mehjoo 328 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 127 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 386 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 191 4
- SA302 335 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 290 13
- Bringing money to Uk 289 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 215 4
- Hmrc software 255 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 185 1
- Hosted email exchange 189 5
- South African Government Pension 185 1
- Xtuple 517
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 235
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 209
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 208
- Domain name sale and limited company 180
- CIS schemes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151