Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 295
- Set up a company pension 251
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 219
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 191
- Driving sales growth 180
- Regiatration of a Trust 179
- EIS 179
- Where's our 10%? 178
- IHT business relief of unlisted loan stock 178
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 173
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 157
- Best structure 150
- Break up basis accounting 148
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 147
- Property owned privately 146
- Mortgage application for intending director. 145
- Can I defer direct customer acquisition costs? 141
- Forms P11D[b] and Payment Slips 141
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 134
- Companies in administration - Bad debt and VAT 129