Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 37 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 62 1
- Pay in Lieu of notice 66 2
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 91 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,106 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 72 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 171 1
- Deduction from Salary 459 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 144 2
- State pension 125 1
- NALS Accountants Report 288 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 259 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,121 40
- CIC Company 617 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 275 6
- This is getting boring 471 10
- 27,000 Really? 741 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 106 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 202 3
- Farm barn lettings 136 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 376
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 348
- Cancelled 322
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 287
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 256
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 214
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 190