Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 706 24
- The stupidity continues 1,103 62
- transactions after account have been closed 279 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 55 1
- Marketing and email surprises 408 8
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 297 5
- Mlom bollocks 145 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 59 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 152 1
- AML report needed? 61 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 566 11
- What is IRIS World like? 384 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 362 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 266 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 259 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 157 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,362 25
- New Employers Helpline 217 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Share transfer question 401 17
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 442
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 185