Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 251 3
- Cocaine anyone? 101 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,460 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 809 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 436 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 244 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 314 11
- Tax return software for remote working 467 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 520 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 432 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 444 9
- How to purchase business premises? 156 2
- Will I need to resign? 815 10
- Childcare vouchers 171 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 273 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 299 6
- VAT avoidance? 230 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 186 3
- PAYE coding out 190 3
- Follower cases 575 2
- Hive up 470
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 247
- Amortisation of Goodwill 218
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 206
- WWOOFers 201
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 186
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 181
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 178