Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Share premium or Directors Loan 749 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 373 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,428 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 171 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 447 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 120 3
- What would you do in this situation? 182 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 142 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 617 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 647 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 98 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 347 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 249 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 403 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 278 10
- Regional Development Grant 128 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,450 21
- Company car without a salary 245 2
- Bonus Bonds 392
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 383
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 295
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 261
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 183
- Finance Lease 158
- Company Car Lease 157
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132