Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,157 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 110 4
- New Company reviews please 607 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,062 33
- Business only use of company car 736 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 375 8
- Gift to son by parents 113 1
- valuation of vehicles 485 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 280 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 159 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 384 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 458 4
- BTC is slow 300 3
- Director registration for SA question 527 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 455 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 517 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 524 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 357 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 347 4
- VAT with Russia 277 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 316
- Any thoughts on Capium? 256
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 256
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 226
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 170
- How to account for investment in JV? 164
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 158