Excel to maintain accounts
I am finding it easier and quicker to maintain accounts in Excel database.
Bank statement cut and pastes straight in.
Cash books likewise.
Using sumifs to produce great Management accounts. Pivot tables can also be used very well for reporting.
Balance sheet - again sumifs.for monthly analysis.
Coding analysis allows flexibility by having two columns Primary Code and secondary code.
Anyone else work like this?
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 901 26
- BrightPay 634 19
- Gift or Capital Gain? 341 10
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 271 4
- Abolish the penalty regime 90 3
- IHT Query 145 3
- Statutary sick pay 184 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 265 4
- Director Salary 355 2
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 331 6
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 299 7
- Capital Gain? 426 11
- Reversing out RTI 188 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 307 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 283 6
- Classic cars investment 250 7
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 335 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 382 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 284 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 294 2
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 420
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 363
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 218
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 215
- Clubs and Taxable Income 206
- Income tax on foreign dividends 197
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 192
- New Fangled Penalties 165