Exchange rate fee in using PayPal for foreign payments
I use PayPal to pay a lot of my foreign invoices.
When I log an invoice in my accounting system I use the exchange rate as per XE. com at the invoice date to convert it into British pounds.
I then make the foreign payment through PayPal. They convert the foreign payment into British pounds using their rate.
I therefore have a difference in what I recorded the invoice for in GBP in my accounting system and what it has cost me to make that foreign payment using PayPal. At the moment I just move the difference to Forex movement on the profit and loss.
Is this the correct treatment because I know PayPal charges a 2.5% exchange conversion fee so technically not all the exchange difference is down to the exchange rate movement. Some of the movement is down to the fee PayPal charge to convert the currency.
- Cash in Hand 159 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 189 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 620 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 333 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 137 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 355 12
- Busines software 168 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 201 6
- Converting a barn for business use 188 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 317 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 321 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 489 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 326 3
- Bookkeping software 732 7
- Clogged Losses 283 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 276 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 662 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 276 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 131 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 328
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 271
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 186
- P11D benefit received by widow 166
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 162
- EXACT ONLINE 162