Exchange rate fee in using PayPal for foreign payments
I use PayPal to pay a lot of my foreign invoices.
When I log an invoice in my accounting system I use the exchange rate as per XE. com at the invoice date to convert it into British pounds.
I then make the foreign payment through PayPal. They convert the foreign payment into British pounds using their rate.
I therefore have a difference in what I recorded the invoice for in GBP in my accounting system and what it has cost me to make that foreign payment using PayPal. At the moment I just move the difference to Forex movement on the profit and loss.
Is this the correct treatment because I know PayPal charges a 2.5% exchange conversion fee so technically not all the exchange difference is down to the exchange rate movement. Some of the movement is down to the fee PayPal charge to convert the currency.
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 436 8
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 42 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 293 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 334 15
- saturday staff 396 4
- Companies House Authentication code 167 7
- Sports Club - Option to tax 30 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 137 3
- Highlighting a line on cell click 47 4
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,442 42
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 164 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 499 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,953 65
- Free accounts system for small business? 340 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 645 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 345 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 259 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 132 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 293 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 402 4
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 207
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 169
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- PTP Software 151
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 138