Exchange rate fee in using PayPal for foreign payments
I use PayPal to pay a lot of my foreign invoices.
When I log an invoice in my accounting system I use the exchange rate as per XE. com at the invoice date to convert it into British pounds.
I then make the foreign payment through PayPal. They convert the foreign payment into British pounds using their rate.
I therefore have a difference in what I recorded the invoice for in GBP in my accounting system and what it has cost me to make that foreign payment using PayPal. At the moment I just move the difference to Forex movement on the profit and loss.
Is this the correct treatment because I know PayPal charges a 2.5% exchange conversion fee so technically not all the exchange difference is down to the exchange rate movement. Some of the movement is down to the fee PayPal charge to convert the currency.
- Sage error message 123 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 62 1
- Partially exempt? 135 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 446 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 133 3
- Mileage claim 195 9
- Auto-Enrolment 3,622 174
- Proof of Delivery 215 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 83 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 519 1
- OBK 350 13
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 331 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 227 9
- Property expense - legal fees 151 3
- Research expenses for authors 275 6
- Investor exit 82 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 131 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 245 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 125 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 143 2
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- Employee rewards 246
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 199
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 158
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148