Exchange rate fee in using PayPal for foreign payments
I use PayPal to pay a lot of my foreign invoices.
When I log an invoice in my accounting system I use the exchange rate as per XE. com at the invoice date to convert it into British pounds.
I then make the foreign payment through PayPal. They convert the foreign payment into British pounds using their rate.
I therefore have a difference in what I recorded the invoice for in GBP in my accounting system and what it has cost me to make that foreign payment using PayPal. At the moment I just move the difference to Forex movement on the profit and loss.
Is this the correct treatment because I know PayPal charges a 2.5% exchange conversion fee so technically not all the exchange difference is down to the exchange rate movement. Some of the movement is down to the fee PayPal charge to convert the currency.
- Vat registration exception 175 3
- CIS software 43 2
- Homing sandwiches 427 11
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 65 2
- CT600 99 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 152 7
- Settlement discount 110 4
- signature required 488 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 506 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 173 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 163 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 110 2
- Pratice Management Software 101 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 201 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 123 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 185 2
- Related Party Transactions 116 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 101 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 760 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,239
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 520
- Digita Hosted Software 335
- Credit where credit's due....... 311
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 235
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 191
- TheTax Donut 178
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 158
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157