Exchange rate fee in using PayPal for foreign payments
I use PayPal to pay a lot of my foreign invoices.
When I log an invoice in my accounting system I use the exchange rate as per XE. com at the invoice date to convert it into British pounds.
I then make the foreign payment through PayPal. They convert the foreign payment into British pounds using their rate.
I therefore have a difference in what I recorded the invoice for in GBP in my accounting system and what it has cost me to make that foreign payment using PayPal. At the moment I just move the difference to Forex movement on the profit and loss.
Is this the correct treatment because I know PayPal charges a 2.5% exchange conversion fee so technically not all the exchange difference is down to the exchange rate movement. Some of the movement is down to the fee PayPal charge to convert the currency.
- client can't/won't pay 1,980 43
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 92 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 647 20
- Why do I do this every year 498 12
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 45 3
- Anybody Use Brightpay 737 20
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 228 4
- Self assesment online 1,048 12
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 255 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 133 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 135 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 155 2
- Non resident income. 483 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 297 22
- Hobby Horse 822 8
- What sectors to target? 626 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 288 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 202 3
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 315 5
- closing limited company 222 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 242
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182