Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 124 2
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 556 13
- Support / ticketing software 301 10
- Imported goods and VAT 95 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 415 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 560 11
- Stamp Duty 132 3
- When to top-up pensions? 76 1
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,828 22
- Withdrawal of a quote 241 5
- Company Number 10000000 959 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 344 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 185 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 429 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,819 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 430 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 205 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 333 5
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 275 2
- Best software for small practice? 834 24
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 208
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 207
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187