Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 41 1
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 475 10
- Declined for business bank account 257 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,636 284
- Help with Mortgage Application? 487 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 191 3
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 214 10
- Standard 'email' template system 883 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,030 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 222 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 97 1
- Circular shareholding 239 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 196 6
- business card address 315 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 114 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 665 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 340 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 279 8
- property rental income split 142 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,116
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 230
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 224
- Non Resident 188
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 185
- Franchise income and costs 180