Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 101 1
- Instant CPD offer 271 4
- Cash basis 501 13
- Income from rent charged to business 98 2
- payroll software 356 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 433 5
- Statutory sick pay 295 4
- Dividend in specie 361 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 215 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 171 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 144 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 268 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 293 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 163 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 371 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,853 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 328 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 252 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 103 1
- Investor exit 196 3
- Skandia using wrong address 565
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 287
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 244
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 226
- Etax Australian 185
- LLP in Construction Industry 151
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130