Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 418 12
- CGT history of shares 176 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 139 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 173 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 114 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 179 2
- how do i get UTR 141 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 89 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 238 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 132 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 192 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 127 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 131 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 128 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 728 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 282
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 224
- Out of time or not? 210