Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 258 6
- BrightPay 590 18
- Classic cars investment 224 7
- Reversing out RTI 25 2
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 182 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 307 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 285 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 256 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 804 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 230 2
- H&W company 191 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 159 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 162 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 268 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 118 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 794 32
- VAT silly question 2,387 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,082 10
- Federation Accounts 362 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 543 8
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 430
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 409
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 407
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 207
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 204
- Clubs and Taxable Income 190
- Income tax on foreign dividends 188
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184