Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- No more tax returns... 906 11
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 445 8
- Company Share Buy Back 253 7
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 547 16
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 209 6
- Sage 200 question 170 3
- P11d query 131 3
- RTI and Advances to Employees 246 4
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 307 5
- Transactions in land 68 2
- 64-8 problems 422 6
- Time values in Excel 68 2
- RTI / P11d 85 1
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,049 20
- Company car in the LLP 268 4
- flat rate scheme 2,015 39
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,164 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 467 5
- Hello 423 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,938 53