Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 171 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,489 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 119 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 308 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 240 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,240 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 377 6
- Go Cardless 389 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 339 3
- Mehjoo 339 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 165 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 425 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 202 4
- SA302 352 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 307 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 268 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 212 1
- Hosted email exchange 198 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 218
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 158