Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- How much does the company pay 518 21
- I have done a terrible thing 590 14
- VAT on Business Premises 54 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 28 1
- Consolidation Software 121 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 425 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,003 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,148 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 297 9
- HMRC property income enquiry 273 6
- LLp Profits 136 5
- two business from one premises 128 2
- AIA 241 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 338 20
- partnership tax return 157 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 183 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 107 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 304 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,179 27
- s455 tax 149 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 501
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 266
- WWOOFers 255
- The booking.com con 235
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- Cocaine anyone? 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 214
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174