Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Flat rate vat 288 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 229 6
- Rental property company 169 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 159 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 409 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 446 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 346 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,467 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,194 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 388 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 298 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 279 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 401 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 212 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 216 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 163 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 544 5
- Director's tax return 424 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 199 3
- Coming in from the cold 424 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 301
- Director Loan account operation 283
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 183