Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,198 17
- Clothing 526 14
- Anybody still doing returns? 747 31
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 160 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 173 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 100 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 351 16
- Designated sole Residence 150 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 723 15
- Anyone know what this is? 258 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 904 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 526 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 272 9
- no utr 296 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,134 49
- Director drawings 609 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 296 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 137 3
- LLP formed in 2013 107 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 677
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 623
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 326
- Scratch Head 265
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 256
- Sabbatical payments 218
- Negligible Value Claim 197