Family owned companies
I have 3 client companies:
- Company A is owned 30% by Mr X, 25% by Mrs X, 20% each by their adult son and daughter and 5% by a non-family employee. Mr & Mrs X are the directors.
- Company B is owned 100% by the son, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the son is barely involved.
- Company C is owned 100% by the daughter, who is the only director. However, the company is run by Mr X and the daughter is barely involved.
Companies A and B trade from the same premises. Company B sells only to Companies A & C. The majority of Company C's sales are to Company A, but there are other external customers. Company A is a massive loan creditor of Company C. There is therefore substantial commercial and financial interdependence.
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies associated for the purpose of the CT small profit rate threshold?
- Are all or any combination of two of the companies related parties for disclosure in the small company accounts under the FRSSE?
My first impression is that all the companies are associated and related because when there is substantial commercial interdependence, you attribute the shares held by family members. My doubt is that while this would give Mr X 95% control of Company A, I am not sure if this extends to attributing to him the shares held by the family members in the other two companies, giving him 100% of Companies B & C.
- Employee tears suit... 399 9
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 524 17
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 187 5
- VAT within EC 201 6
- How to start accounting company? 142 2
- About your hairdresser clients 613 23
- dividends from a UK company when working overseas 98 1
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 218 4
- CIS reclaim for company without a payroll 121 1
- Keytime 411 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 801 11
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 798 14
- VAT on entertaining - Gross amount on VAT return 118 1
- How does one compete? 734 9
- Great Service 1,299 17
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,666 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 151 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 223 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 157 3
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 151 4
- Sanzar 535
- Digital marketing focus group 417
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 390
- Sainsbury's mangement 386
- Continuity Agreement 358
- Avanti Accounts 358
- Buyback 310
- Aggresive sales from Iris 262
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 259
- Charity volunteers and mileage 219