I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 389 6
- Scottish Independance 533 15
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 208 3
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 48 1
- WC's and capital allowances 37 1
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 77 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,127 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 192 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 985 12
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 386 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 798 10
- carry back of gift aid 110 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 119 3
- Dress code 1,296 29
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 382 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 708 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 336 8
- NOMINAL CODES 338 4
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 741 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 289 9
- CTA study material 749
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 463
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 348
- Employment related securities question 299
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 242
- Trust for Employee 228
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 137