I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Gift to employee 329 8
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 414 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,093 22
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 48 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 391 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 92 2
- Sage Import Data 280 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 231 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 68 2
- Best time software for small practice? 188 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 308 13
- private to company car? 353 9
- Which address 989 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 91 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 256 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 952 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 252 6
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 466 17
- Vat threshold issues 444 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 161 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 471
- CTA study material 450
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 323
- Pre incorp expenses 301
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 260
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 248
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 145
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 133
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 128