I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Property Expenses 163 5
- Generic notification message 232 5
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 771 38
- Swiching tax 470 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 222 4
- Mortgage Adviser's request 310 7
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,147 18
- Basis periods 51 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 70 2
- CGT on spouse's death 285 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 470 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 73 2
- Starting Again 287 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 648 19
- CT101 Completion 135 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 150 2
- P11D Software 782 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 205 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 274 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 396 10
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 583
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 382
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 285
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 252
- RTI - duplicate employee record 245
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 221