I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- US share sale - income or capital 26 1
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,336 12
- flat rate scheme 863 30
- Allocation of income from property 303 8
- Capital allowances on residential property? 105 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 206 2
- Before I call employers helpline 312 2
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 657 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 144 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 271 1
- CIS online 169 3
- Class IV NIC 217 3
- bookkeeping system 229 4
- Company van paid by director 129 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,579 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 259 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 161 3
- Private company division 136 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 319 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 650 7