I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 798 12
- Personal Tax 168 2
- Mortgage Reference 148 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,855 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 142 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,175 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 202 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 162 1
- last minute request 268 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 445 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 114 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 264 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6