I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Deferred Tax 217 5
- Registering a company late 264 8
- Late Registration for VAT 193 6
- Personal pension 230 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 78 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,256 17
- How much of your work is admin? 289 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 183 3
- physiotherapy clinic 588 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 176 2
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 67 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 319 8
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,030 26
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,799 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 291 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,956 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 112 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 113 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 436 7
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,809 19
- TheTax Donut 1,013
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 678
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 417
- Hive up 416
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 330
- AIA or IFA 214