I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,332 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 178 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 205 2
- "Audit Report" 110 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 494 13
- Coding Notice 238 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 257 6
- New business - journal entries 422 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 234 3
- Payroll software 659 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 285 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 404 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 742 18
- B2B vat in the EU 197 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 207 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 242 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 206 4
- LLP as member of LLP 146 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,856 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 527 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 890
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 724
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 417
- Social investment tax relief 223
- Digita Hosted Software 218
- accounting for this transaction 205
- Call Centre Data Costs 205
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 183
- Travel costs and contractors 178
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 176