I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Statement of Accounts 33 3
- GP's Annual Certificate of Pensionable Profits - Multiple Practices 125 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 2,797 91
- Solicitor wants to rent room in my office but 81 2
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 192 7
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 221 2
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 185 3
- Transfer of Software to sister company 169 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 322 4
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 138 1
- CGT history of shares 235 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 279 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 388 6
- CGT on sale of let property 167 2
- how do i get UTR 209 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 117 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 274 3
- Your comments please 366 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 224 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 162 2
- Moving away from CCH software 980
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 388
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 291
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215