I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 243 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 107 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 89 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,018 31
- Drop Down Boxes 236 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,638 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 159 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 589 8
- help needed with rti paye please 163 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 860 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 422 11
- Can't read my handwriting 817 19
- Undeclared rental income 423 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 349 7
- Sick pay 260 6
- Directors self assessment 182 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 143 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 200 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,773 70
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 543
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 331
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 259
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 146
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 130
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123