I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 185 5
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 356 7
- Self-assessment statistics 2,318 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 126 11
- OneNote is fantastic 295 10
- Owning overseas property 156 1
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,367 38
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 341 7
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 264 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 260 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 667 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,120 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 99 1
- PPR on a development? 231 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 371 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 915 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,796 15
- Cloud accounting package 211 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,030 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 524 15
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 638
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 397
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 374
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 227
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 214