I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Edible spam? 781 16
- effective advertising 179 4
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 277 5
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 120 2
- Put fees on website 247 6
- Director resignation 181 4
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 167 7
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,507 27
- Can't find a good web address 118 1
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,283 4
- Sigma Red 1,396 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 339 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 95 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 169 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 444 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 492 7
- VAT Variation Team 198 3
- Sage help please 305 4
- charges for storing documents 201 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 95 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 475
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 460
- WIP Software 332
- No payroll scheme in place 286
- Is there anything wrong with this? 255
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 250
- Small Part Disposal of Property 226
- Uncommercial property business 218
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 189
- SA Penalty 180