I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 657 5
- See you all on the other side 701 6
- 12Pay 467 2
- dividends 633 2
- R&D 330 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,193 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 443 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 422 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 379 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 551 5
- Seeking a tax case 647 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 510 4
- Companies house strike off 568 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 438 2
- Moving to the cloud 754 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 218 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 910 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 219 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,093 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 509 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 563
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 328
- USA help 318
- Marginal rates of tax 307
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 307
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 295
- Class 2 NI 284