I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 154 1
- Shareholder agreement 183 4
- Corporation tax due date confusion 82 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,471 21
- Accountants' Error 743 16
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 164 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 160 3
- Scoot 199 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 163 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 220 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 667 11
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 117 1
- Regaining my qualification 231 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 250 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 264 2
- Auto enrolment 206 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 201 3
- Company Reorganisation 172 3
- Employee Loan 222 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 471 15
- Skandia using wrong address 1,459
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 776
- Any views 706
- HMRC Employers Diary 527
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 397
- Sale of business 360
- Advertising services? 262
- NOVA 262
- IRIS Open Books problem 253