I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 157 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,146 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,829 60
- Legal title not in the company name 792 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 337 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 309 8
- Opening Balances 203 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 584 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 106 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 87 1
- This is getting boring 617 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 263 7
- pension paid by company? 118 3
- inheritance tax 423 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 350 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 227 4
- State pension 303 3
- Accountancy Career 142 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 640
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 336
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 266
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224