I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- BrightPay 347 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 183 3
- CGT &LLP 47 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 522 4
- Setting up an offshore company 34 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 172 16
- Secure document exchange 98 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 147 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 378 7
- break even point 137 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 106 3
- Fax to email providers 320 11
- Payroll software 216 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 116 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 133 4
- How to issue shares to investors 63 1
- Expense management software 623 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,093 84
- Tax code 130 1
- Payroll Manager - seperate monthly & weekly 357 6