I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 220 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 114 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 173 4
- CIS gross status review 78 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 115 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 336 6
- Flat rate vat error 231 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 110 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 135 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 61 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 126 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 348 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 599 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 258 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 600 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 197 4
- Charge out rates in London? 200 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 110 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 172 3
- pre letting expenses 153 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 745
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 478
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 294
- How to format a stock book 256
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 208
- Tax efficient holding company structure 197
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 166
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 150