I am a QBE practitioner and have recently moved to an area where there is a large farming community.
I have been asked if I have experience in doing bookkeeping and accountancy for farmers.
The straight answer is that I don't, but I would be foolish not to get my toe in the water as there is a large potential market here.
So, the questions are -
What are the major differences between farm accounts and any other small business accounts?
Are there any pitfalls or areas of concern I would need to watch out for?
My clients have always been smaller retailers, tradesmen and service providers so this is a new direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- HMRC filing meltdown? 805 26
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 102 4
- Designated sole Residence 49 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 225 9
- Anybody still doing returns? 518 21
- no utr 222 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,084 49
- Director drawings 573 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 255 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 52 1
- Capital Loss 79 3
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 649 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 403 6
- LLP formed in 2013 70 1
- Clothing 472 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 157 7
- Practice management 436 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 125 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,686 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,704 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 946
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 616
- Latest phishing scam 593
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 430
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 321
- Scratch Head 258
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 188