Faster Payments to HMRC
Like many companies a friend of mine pays his taxes to HMRC via internet bank transfers from this Santander bank account. He has been doing this for years.
The latest payments failed to complete and upon speaking to the bank he was told that the HMRC acocunt number/sort code he is using cannot accept Faster Payments! But, the Santander bank website facility has been upgraded and now only supports the new Faster Payment method. So he's stuck!
I mention this just in case other people encounter the same issue with making payments to HMRC, especially via Santanter. I use Bank of Scotland and that system allows for the traditional "Slower Payment" method!
There is nothing Santander can do about it seemingly.
- Professional coaching claimable? 67 1
- Sage instant account codes 113 1
- Networking 122 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 165 1
- Turnover on a tax return 293 8
- incorrect old p60 448 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 285 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 247 3
- VAT refund 177 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 257 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 310 1