Faster Payments to HMRC
Like many companies a friend of mine pays his taxes to HMRC via internet bank transfers from this Santander bank account. He has been doing this for years.
The latest payments failed to complete and upon speaking to the bank he was told that the HMRC acocunt number/sort code he is using cannot accept Faster Payments! But, the Santander bank website facility has been upgraded and now only supports the new Faster Payment method. So he's stuck!
I mention this just in case other people encounter the same issue with making payments to HMRC, especially via Santanter. I use Bank of Scotland and that system allows for the traditional "Slower Payment" method!
There is nothing Santander can do about it seemingly.
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 161 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 516 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 217 7
- Insovent companies 877 19
- New Build 179 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 190 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 799 20
- Website Content 142 1
- Personal Tax 621 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 127 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 171 1
- USA Tax Query 294 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 647 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 345 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 380 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,736 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6