Fee for finalising Property Rental Accounts & SA Tax Rtn for H&W
Hi all. This question seems to come a lot to us in these recessionary times & we thought we will get views from our other colleagues on the web.
We have been approached by a client to finalise the Tax Rtn 2012 of H&W and between them they own 3 BTL residential properties. Both work on PAYE and even after inclusion of their rental profits, they will each be under basic rate tax band (so little tax planning involved here). They have no other source of income. Their record keeping is reasonable and their expense receipts are not too much too. Of course they have the normal monthly letting statements, Tenancy agreements, Bank Stat, Mortgage Interest Stat, Completion Stat, etc No record maintained on spreadsheets or Accting software of their rental income & expenses. We have a lot of work on at present but can accept this assignment as we are ahead of our targets. Based on outskirts of London, we were planning to charge a fee of £375+VAT per person. The client thinks this is too much 'cos once we have established the income & exp of rental profits, the other is a mirror copy except of course for their respective PAYE income which does not take too long to enter on their SA Tax Rtn. The VAT in our fee is biting them but we are VAT registered so cannot do anything about that. Do you think they have a point? Would you charge less or more than that? How do you justify your fee? We do not want to lose the client but then do not want to encourage other clients that pay us low fee too.
They claim that their present Accountant is a bit further away from them so they are looking for someone local and that we are to them.
Your views wil lbe highly appreciated .
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 110 2
- flat rate scheme 1,913 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 257 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 119 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 128 3
- Company Share Buy Back 127 2
- Charitable Payment 206 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 930 15
- Unpaid share capital 256 3
- Company car in the LLP 185 2
- Physiotherapy 340 4
- New build property to be rented 180 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,885 52
- Hello 361 2
- Sage 200 question 120 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 115 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 191 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 191 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 223 4