Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 680 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 483 2
- dividends 667 2
- R&D 338 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,202 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 452 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 437 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 389 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 663 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 524 4
- Companies house strike off 596 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 452 2
- Moving to the cloud 761 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 221 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 917 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,103 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 512 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 334
- USA help 321
- Marginal rates of tax 319
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 315
- Class 2 NI 303
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297