Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 150 3
- Relocation expense claim 115 1
- Formating cells in Excel 88 1
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 61 1
- ICAS GPPM 81 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 134 2
- Payroll 262 7
- Buying fees 698 5
- IHT Query 444 11
- Audit and paypal balances 181 7
- Missing C79 163 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 491 16
- VAT margin scheme 276 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 319 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,748 17
- Get it off your chest 265 4
- Directors bonus 173 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 120 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 286 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 293 5
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 555
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 360
- Clubs and Taxable Income 296
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 280
- Loans to other companies 223
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 215
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 184
- Outsource Data Entry 182