Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 351 8
- Does anyone use quotation software? 72 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 367 5
- 100% Xero practice 2,526 47
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 271 9
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 568 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 325 12
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 359 4
- Direct Debit - no receipts 297 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,976 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,784 23
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 133 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,738 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,345 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 123 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 868 8
- capital gains on PPR 290 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 387 14
- Company expansion 142 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 405 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,322
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 486
- National Insurance 376
- Non Resident 299
- Franchise income and costs 266
- Hands on experience of Digita 219
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 193
- Employer's Helpline 169
- employment capital allowances 166
- CIS paid under reg 9 161