Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Spousal transfer and PPR 649 28
- recompense capital input 146 9
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 96 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 205 2
- CT losses carry back 60 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 539 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 109 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 737 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 413 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,231 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 118 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 180 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 216 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 219 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 983 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 193 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 247 5
- Merging my businesses 223 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 486 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 378 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 326
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183