Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 103 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 265 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 923 20
- Moneysoft Payroll 184 3
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 249 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 934 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 474 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 168 4
- Client right to working papers 1,544 11
- vat gross margins 190 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 211 4
- e mail 202 1
- Auto enrolment 581 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,356 6
- VAT on new build property 161 2
- Auto enrolment 301 9
- SAGE 50 2011 161 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,635 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,880 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 219 2
- NHS finance professionals 671
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 412
- Foreign Pension Contribution 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 368
- vat gross profit percentage margins 365
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 352
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 312
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 280
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 242
- IFA income recognition & reporting 214