Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 185 7
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 186 8
- Parent and subsidiary... 124 4
- Clothing 539 15
- Anybody still doing returns? 772 32
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,224 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 357 16
- Designated sole Residence 158 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 732 15
- Anyone know what this is? 278 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 915 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 538 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 278 9
- no utr 306 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,143 49
- Director drawings 612 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 299 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 94 1
- Capital Loss 142 3
- LLP formed in 2013 114 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 600
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 327
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199