Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Pay in Lieu of notice 112 4
- inheritance tax 58 1
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 52 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 62 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 94 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,165 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 93 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 176 1
- Deduction from Salary 467 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 154 2
- State pension 144 1
- NALS Accountants Report 290 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 259 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,131 40
- CIC Company 618 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 280 6
- This is getting boring 485 10
- 27,000 Really? 759 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 111 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 208 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 377
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 349
- Cancelled 323
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 288
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 257
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 246
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 215
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 193