Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Excel query 188 5
- Buying a horse?? 457 14
- Year End Bank Position 20 1
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 359 15
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 90 2
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 166 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 287 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 121 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,072 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 176 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 61 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,359 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 573 9
- Payment on account penalties 176 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,710 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 121 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 126 1
- Does IR35 apply? 127 1
- Sage data 120 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 429 9
- CTA study material 810
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 468
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162