Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 491 16
- EC VAT 189 7
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 268 13
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 125 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,347 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 233 6
- VAT on part of a closed pub 229 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 43 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 267 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 522 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 814 19
- Flat rate vat error 293 6
- can I claim a per diem 227 4
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 143 3
- Linux Accounting Software 555 13
- RTI due -no broadband 139 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 473 12
- Shareholders selling shares to shareholders, how to account for it? 95 1
- Is Hold over relief available? 113 4
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 894 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 819
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 500
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 315
- How to format a stock book 279
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 224
- Tax efficient holding company structure 218
- Investment property company accounts template 213
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 207
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 177