Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- HMRC Statements 281 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,269 14
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 502 7
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 212 3
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 342 10
- Best software for small practice? 370 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,194 19
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 164 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 156 4
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 285 6
- Costly Accounting Software contract 441 2
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 240 3
- Company Number 10000000 639 5
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 225 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,341 21
- Cloud-based email services? 583 11
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 165 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 688 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 456 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 551 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 757
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 449
- Directors' advances and credits 305
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 260
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 242
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 211
- Apprenticeship Levy 190
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 189