Fee protection - to offer or not?
I know this is a regular question that is raised. It is certainly one that I have a perenial problem with.
I have been in practice now for 6 years and to date I have gone down the route of not offering fee protection to clients. I have had minimal enquiries over this period and I have largely absorbed the work/costs arising. I am not sure whether I have just been lucky so far with the number of enquiries to date.
I have never been a fan of this type of insurance but it does get raised occasionally by clients so I see it as my duty to keep it under review. I also get bombarded with offers from firms promoting the protection.
I wonder how many other accountants in practice there are like me with this ongoing dilemma of whether to offer it or not. It would also be interesting to learn from those that do offer it, how many wish they could now cease to offer it?
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 134 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 215 9
- How to Value a Business 469 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 125 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 537 13
- How much did you pay for your website 478 13
- Companies House 128 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 110 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 379 7
- Company Pension Contributions 253 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 210 4
- Expenses allowable 161 3
- Let Property Campaign 384 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 132 1
- Self employment trap - pension 343 3
- Awkward IP 612 9
- ESC A19 127 2
- When does my Property business start 268 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,536 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 868 19
- CTA study material 602
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 593
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 366
- Employment related securities question 223
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 196
- ATED Penalties 194
- AIM Stocks and IHT 175
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 133
- Expat pension contributions? 126
- Trust for Employee 124