Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- VAT on Exhibition services 76 2
- Filling in my self assessment 942 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 130 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 260 7
- proposed dividends 630 22
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 421 6
- FPS responses ... 497 16
- Nominal Codes 260 9
- Any printer recommendations? 118 3
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 201 7
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 223 2
- Valuing Famiy Shareholding 184 3
- HMRC SMP Calculator - does it still exist? 118 2
- Alcohol VAT reclaim 161 1
- HMRC repayment has gone to wrong bank account - quickest way to resolve? 437 6
- RSU and double taxation 185 2
- Capital gains on tax return - attachments 282 8
- Option to Tax 180 3
- Out of date tax returns 215 1
- PPR relief Separation and divorce 115 1
- Sanzar 497
- Digital marketing focus group 397
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 377
- Sainsbury's mangement 326
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 324
- Continuity Agreement 320
- Avanti Accounts 319
- Buyback 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 230
- Aggresive sales from Iris 194