Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,323 17
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 125 3
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 249 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 291 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 142 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 148 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 187 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,253 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 133 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 118 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 389 7
- Wear and tear allowance 453 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 199 6
- Residency test 200 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 246 3
- VAT Turnover 144 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 148 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 136 4
- Company purchase of shares 294 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 145 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 690
- Auto enrolment excuses 669
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 367
- Social investment tax relief 184
- Call Centre Data Costs 178
- Digita Hosted Software 177
- option to tax 161
- VAT on deposits 148
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 136
- Travel costs and contractors 133