Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 355 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 457 25
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 294 13
- Has been asked before but help needed 106 3
- Consequential loss claim 39 1
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 170 11
- private to company car? 67 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 118 1
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 147 4
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 216 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 100 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 847 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 391 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 257 4
- That old chestnut 594 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 66 1
- Partner with an IVA 115 4
- Joint filing delays 68 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 206 4
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 1,282 18
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 442
- CTA study material 407
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 263
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 226
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 172
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 168