Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 56 1
- Mexican student in UK 99 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 175 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 273 12
- payroll software 64 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,032 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 64 1
- Pricing 319 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 236 5
- Partially exempt? 217 7
- Dividend in specie 188 3
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 139 7
- Lorry Drivers 113 1
- VAT 111 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 838 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 630 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 202 3
- Vat 89 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,833 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 129 2
- Skandia using wrong address 472
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 267
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 213
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 199
- Etax Australian 168
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155