Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 53 2
- Threshold for RTI submission 20 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 141 2
- Was I rude 502 16
- Top slicing relief question no 2 120 3
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 64 3
- Maternity Pay 112 2
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 557 14
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 616 10
- Share swap 233 5
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 41 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,714 27
- Director's minimum wage? 217 4
- Advertising services? 302 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 310 4
- Invoice factoring 252 8
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 365 9
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 216 2
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 139 2
- Work in progress calculation 134 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 800
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 435
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 408
- Sale of business 376
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 272
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 187
- Expenses claim for non employee 177