Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- VAT online filing exemptions 67 1
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,678 27
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 276 6
- Child tax credits 198 4
- transitioning payroll 99 2
- Deduction from Salary 124 4
- Car leasing scheme 214 1
- One off meeting new client 1,359 12
- 12 Pay Problems 162 2
- PITA client 546 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 459 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 593 15
- Right to waive dividend 132 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 127 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,434 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,745 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 137 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 348 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 675 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 301
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 272
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 212
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162