Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Is it just me ... 118 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 95 5
- Claiming VAT on car lease 269 20
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 242 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 66 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 305 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 103 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 202 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,416 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 87 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 346 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 250 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,138 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 589 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 543 21
- Advice for new build property 127 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 294 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 293 8
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 167 1
- Sage Line 50 112 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 738
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 175
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 161
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153