Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- FPS Submission 49 2
- VT accounts licence key 149 4
- PTP software disaster 128 1
- Wrong career 318 13
- Value pricing 619 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 188 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 82 1
- vat return 196 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 143 3
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 158 4
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 53 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,937 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 141 3
- Director's tax return 112 2
- reporting salary? 236 5
- Other forums 188 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 360 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 155 1
- Career Advice 158 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 284 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 780
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 532
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 399
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 285
- Free Tax Legislation? 230
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 228
- Director Loan account operation 221
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 213
- Paye procedures for CVA 153