Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,539 32
- Company Structure 369 9
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 275 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 550 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 503 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 114 3
- Time recording 180 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 259 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 162 2
- Land Registry 273 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 967 13
- Auto Enrolment 674 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 810 19
- Company Number 10000000 430 4
- Advertising Tips? 346 7
- IR35 369 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 435 12
- Revenue phishing examples 284 1
- iris update 11.9.2 247 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 736
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 370
- Directors' advances and credits 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 211
- CGT for NOn UK residents 196