Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 56 2
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 862 32
- Use of home deduction 514 15
- Copy Wanted 675 3
- Non resident income. 244 12
- Company dividends 401 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 77 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 119 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 190 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 536 21
- Software 341 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 410 6
- SA late payment penalty 193 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 300 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 121 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 127 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 131 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 139 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,432 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 270 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 857
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 550
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 516
- Latest phishing scam 407
- Entrepreneurs' relief 377
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 337
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 320
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 303
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 216
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 193