Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 103 4
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 112 3
- property rental income split 235 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 450 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 69 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 73 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,237 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,103 339
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 384 21
- Use of home for storage 304 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 312 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 770 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,224 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 338 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 200 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 78 1
- Payments on account coded out?? 291 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 357 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 402 17
- What should I do for 'free' 619 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,182
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 399
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 312
- National Insurance 306
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 232
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 216
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139