Im trying to work out a fee quote and wonder sometimes if I under price my services....
Im based in the Midlands.
My potential client is buying a sandwich shop, turning over £140k pa. It has 2 staff. They are setting up as a Ltd Co
How much would you quote for:
1. Payroll, 2 weekly/hourly staff + 2 directors paid montly (low salary + ) end of year PAYE reporting
2. VAT returns - quarterly
3. Set up book keeping system + follow up visit ( 2hours each time ) + 1 hours travel time each visit
4. Directors tax returns x 2
5. CT600 + full accounts
6. Abbreviated accounts
Im thinking I cant do this for less than £2500+ VAT. They seem like nice clients, nice people to work with who appear organised.
Pa\yroll (£10+52 per week + £100 for directors) = 620
VAT ( 4 x £150) = 600
Directors returns x 2 = 150
tax and accounts = 850 ish? (if Im doing the VAT accounts should be ok)
Set up book keeping = 300
It seems a lot for a small business that is fundamentally doing the book keeping themselves. Any thoughts?
Or should I get them to buy moneysoft and do their own payroll and charge them something for setting it up?
What would you charge?
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 105 4
- signature required 277 11
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 432 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 737 13
- More AE! 738 17
- Web sites 193 3
- Homing sandwiches 248 7
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 95 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 566 13
- Dispensation 140 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 475 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 86 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 292 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 246 3
- Capitalising purchased software 114 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 272 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 566 17
- how to object to registered company name... 355 2
- Property income in different capacities 255 5
- CGT 493 19
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,218
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 807
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 506
- Digita Hosted Software 326
- Credit where credit's due....... 299
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 232
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 180
- TheTax Donut 169
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 151
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 146