Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Auto enrolment 164 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 121 3
- Registration as self-employed 169 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,058 15
- Corporation Tax Software 408 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 94 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 677 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 116 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 170 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 124 4
- Regular Director bonus 459 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 156 1
- BrightPay 1,100 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 552 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 376 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,129 17
- BIK for an electric car 175 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,644 90
- How do I save face? 2,416 14
- Goodie bag 3,131 72
- Possible Partnership? 700
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 541
- Fuming! 526
- New Fangled Penalties 469
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 337
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 279
- Moving away from CCH software 268
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 261
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 210