Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- SDLT 261 8
- Windows 10 anyone? 149 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 356 4
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 66 1
- Benefit in Kind 135 4
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 242 2
- Dutch Accountant 398 1
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 84 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 323 9
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 188 4
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 786 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,604 34
- Restricted interest relief 115 2
- Disengagement Help! 556 15
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 876 16
- Renewals on property rental business 87 1
- Not a question - just a POI 201 3
- MVL 87 2
- Bankstream 1,061 24
- Xerocon 2016 590 11