Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Late P45 18 1
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 203 9
- VAT on motor expenses 925 34
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 429 14
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 488 8
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,743 23
- another ir35!!!! 1,188 8
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 121 2
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 244 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,398 42
- Sage 50 142 1
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 251 5
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 209 9
- Introduction of Goodwill 264 6
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 133 2
- Sage 50 (2010) 145 3
- sole trader - operating under cis 125 2
- What does it mean?? 404 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 295 13
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 151 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,552
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 239
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 229
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 215
- Management expenses for investment company 213
- Bonus Bonds 211
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 196