Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Dividend Vouchers 229 4
- Engagement letter 154 4
- Who can I refer leads to? 153 2
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 181 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 118 3
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 267 7
- How do you account in the VAT return for 270 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 93 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 139 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 168 2
- Missing accountant! 1,369 6
- ACCA qualified but not enough 1,035 18
- Sage Import Data 152 3
- Australian dividend 95 1
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 483 9
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 99 3
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 574 13
- updating shareholdings on companies house 80 1
- Spanish Tax Return 203 6
- National Insurance. 255 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 420
- CTA study material 387
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 282
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 262
- Pre incorp expenses 237
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 212
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 205
- Slight twist on employment related securities 192
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 134