Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 16 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 377 10
- Lease 81 4
- Free invoicing software 476 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 27 1
- CT600 209 5
- Digita Hosted Software 384 4
- signature required 844 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,255 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 141 5
- Thin Client recomendation 186 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 175 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 116 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 101 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 287 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 117 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,276 15
- Homing sandwiches 837 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 241 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 229 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 848
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 332
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 217
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 167
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 139