Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Personal pension 369 8
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 59 4
- How much of your work is admin? 1,171 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 865 27
- Cocaine anyone? 321 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 79 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,488 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 298 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 494 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 268 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 350 11
- Tax return software for remote working 495 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 595 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 473 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 461 9
- How to purchase business premises? 198 2
- Will I need to resign? 868 10
- Childcare vouchers 213 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 285 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 309 6
- Hive up 478
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 441
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 253
- Amortisation of Goodwill 226
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 190
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 184