Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 100 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 585 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 606 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 64 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 335 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 232 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 215 5
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 83 2
- Sole trader hid directorships. 363 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,379 46
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 278 5
- NOVA 546 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 259 10
- Regional Development Grant 108 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,368 21
- Company car without a salary 219 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 385 10
- Charity donations 1,062 21
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 142 2
- VAT on finance leases 198 3
- Bonus Bonds 389
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 376
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 287
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 184
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 169
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 147
- Demerger Reserve 129