Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 401 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 134 2
- 12 Pay Problems 211 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 201 3
- Deduction from Salary 238 7
- Sole properietor 54 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 77 1
- Redudancy 36 1
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 44 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 464 13
- VAT - Recharge 77 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 345 4
- transitioning payroll 168 4
- Legal title not in the company name 194 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,606 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 162 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,752 30
- Car financed by employee 192 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 136 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 625 16
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 306
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 269
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 225
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 201
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171