Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 88 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,889 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 214 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 74 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 166 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 83 1
- Career Advice 136 2
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 56 1
- Wrong career 201 8
- Other forums 96 1
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 209 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 99 3
- Agent with HMRC 268 11
- Quarterly PAYE 273 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 184 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 566 4
- Newsletter 247 5
- RTI Filing 1,770 22
- Fee's for P11D's 324 5
- reporting salary? 189 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 529
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 216
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- Free Tax Legislation? 203
- vat return 180