Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 38 1
- Writing down allowance / AIA 143 5
- Company name change question... 145 2
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 426 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 256 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,309 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 158 5
- Consolidation IFRS 70 1
- White van man 433 20
- Worried over stock value 219 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 118 1
- foreign income 125 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 199 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 306 5
- STUDENT LOAN 105 1
- Bookkeeping question 601 6
- wave software 230 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 359 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 253 3
- Backdate C79? 171 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 828
- Copy Wanted 554
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 511
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 489
- Latest phishing scam 349
- Entrepreneurs' relief 323
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 294
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 284
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 280
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 185