Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Transmission of ISA 20 1
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 157 4
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 160 2
- Next Move 700 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 148 2
- Self-assessment statistics 2,452 58
- Not renewing AAT 666 9
- CGT of shares gifted 376 6
- New dividend taxation 471 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,784 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 142 1
- Company car v company allowance 266 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 436 9
- Company formation and bank account 420 9
- Owning overseas property 330 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 290 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 266 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 706 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 710 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 266 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 666
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 397
- 2015 tax year end 394
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 393
- FCA regulated company in a small group 346
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 318
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 239
- DTA tie-breaker issue 210
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204