Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 226 3
- Does anyone use quotation software? 235 4
- RTI penalties coming in from 6/10/14 75 2
- VAT on Imports 56 2
- Fees for Property Tax Return 375 8
- Corp Tax Refund 61 1
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 618 17
- PPR posers 194 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,525 466
- employment capital allowances 186 1
- Direct Debit - no receipts 342 6
- Use of home expenses Rent calculation 208 1
- Can't read my handwriting 388 9
- Annual PAYE schemes - Moneysoft 113 2
- Who is a Minister of Religion for Tax Purposes? 116 1
- corp tax software 805 11
- Audit partner? 128 3
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,566 71
- Overnight subsistence 136 2
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 668 13
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,352
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 500
- National Insurance 389
- Non Resident 309
- Hands on experience of Digita 232
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 206
- Employer's Helpline 181
- CIS paid under reg 9 169
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 140
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 135