Feedback on using dual monitors
I received a very helpful response on a thread I raised on dual monitors.
I thought some feedback after about 3 months use would be helpful to some people.
During the first month I had my doubts about benefits of using dual monitors. I just failed to use them effectively. Despite this I ordered the same systems for one member of my staff and also my home office (in total 3 pcs and 6 monitors). She too could not see the benefits of dual monitors after about a month.
How things have changed. The is a marked increase in our productivity. The Dell bill has been paid for itself in the short period. This productivity comes from:
- Far less switching from one screen to another
- Comparing information from one monitor to another.
The above does not sound much but it has made such a difference. This blog puts it far better than I can,
My staff just will not give away her workstation now. She got used to it a lot sooner than I thought.
This is what we bought, 23" monitors and 1TB hard drive. If I had the desk space I would buy a third monitor.
I can assure you your initial expense will be pay for itself in a short period of time.
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 731 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,144 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 694 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 52 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 247 8
- recompense capital input 187 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 102 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 223 2
- CT losses carry back 89 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 546 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 154 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 760 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 416 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,270 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 136 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 183 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 226 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 989 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 208 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 256 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 562
- Pensions Regulator 454
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 330
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 299
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183