Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Google ranking, Google reviews and confidentiality 36 1
- Does anybody wish their local Inspector a Merry Christmas? 183 2
- Still Looking for Website inspiration 273 8
- HRP and child benefit 152 3
- Alternative to Sage 50 Accounts and Payroll 41 1
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 1,541 22
- Question help 214 7
- Signifcant Debts skew SA Tax Liability 1,605 29
- Generic notices - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Claim costs? 366 8
- Non sequitur 1,924 27
- RTI notices 179 7
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 1,501 26
- Being sued due to monthly fees 2,288 27
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 1,634 51
- Born Dull personality of the year 240 3
- On-line companies house filing error 185 8
- Sections9A Taxes Act - Check opened for 2011/12 but no information requested .... yet! 131 2
- Interest Only Mortgage 125 2
- HMRC takes £2bn more from investigations – have you seen this happening? 430 6
- Does your car speak Geordie? 253 3
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 537
- Alphabet shares 383
- confusion about 240
- Membership of SPA 218
- Sole trader renting property from self and co owner 216
- Maximum AIA Claimable 198
- Competition time! 188
- Alternate 182
- hp versus contract hire versus lease purchase with balloon 160
- Tax treatment of lost partnership capital 156